**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Deepest gratitude for fixing Map 5 Hyperion...

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
Never thought that you guys actually listened to the player base.

I’m sure Day 5 it will still be manageable.

My deepest thanks to the whole Kabam team.

Salute!

Comments

• Options
    WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★
    So you couldn’t do LLLLL to stack exhaustion and not get hit to tank his first sp3? Or let alone bait a sp1-2?
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Vdh2008 said:

It's unbalanced. I can handle day 5 Morningstar solo at 12K prestige, but get my ass handed to me day 1 by Hyperion.

how does that make it unbalanced?
  • Options
    AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    I’m confused. I just took a map 5 hype down with my LC and it was pretty easy. Build exhaustion and save indestructible for sp3. I managed to tank two of his sp3. Won fight with 86% health left.
    Maybe they aren’t the problem. Don’t get mad because you made a mistake in the fight.
  • Options
    AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    I fought this hype plenty of times and never had problem except for a few where I missed a block. Or you can build 3 exhaustion which you can do. I do it nearly every fight against him and pop an sp2 for concussion to stop him from getting power gain. I do same thing with wasp. Yea it is a little rng based but I find it hard to believe that he got so little exhaustion stacks. And if that’s was case then this post shouldn’t be about hype being hard more so along lines of he just had bad luck. If this game was easy no one would play. There needs to be some difficulty to do it to improve skills and play style. And by no means is this hype a too strong miniboss. Sure some ppl have bad luck when fighting him but that can go to any champ. IW in uncollected for example. AA melts her but I had a few bad matches where I never got a hit off. But nature of game. Just because you can’t do something all the time doesn’t mean you can come here and just complain and say it’s kabams fault. Is what it is. Just move on and try again or let someone else do it.
  • Options
    HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    On the second Hyperion miniboss I used a unduped 5* R4 Luke Cage. I managed a MLLLL combo, no exhaustion. Then he dashed back, crossed his arms and just stood there, ignoring all baiting, until he had a sp3. And then it was curtains...
  • Options
    CoryMatthewsThoCoryMatthewsTho Posts: 145
    She-Hulk works great. Sp1 is guaranteed exhaustion + passive taunt to bait + passive fury build.
  • Options
    Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★

She-Hulk works great. Sp1 is guaranteed exhaustion + passive taunt to bait + passive fury build.

Might try her 👍👍 pulled her the other day and took her to R3, been looking for a reason to play with her a bit
  • Options
    StarKillerVIIStarKillerVII Posts: 75
    I used Killmonger easy
  • Options
    Dp12Dp12 Posts: 23
    I used gwenpool for the Hyperion...worked like a charm ..although after the fight, health remains **** so u can't use her
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★

This...been using my she hulk to get him down... She controls the fight very nicely once she builds up a few furies and he throws his specials very easily the refreshing her furies
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Look guys. I see a lot of you have problems with his powergain.
    Just to be clear we are doing all the same (with LC duped):

You try to bait his SPs (never parry or hold block bc his heavy takes a lot of time) and build to SP3
    Fire SP3 for 4 stacks, get to ~1,5 bars of power and chain SP1 forever with MLLM MLLL(L/M) SP1 and again

When your stun fails and he uses SP3 you have your passive + get a good amount of power.

IF you are really lucky with exaustions you can start to chain combo him after you get to ~1,5 bars of power and dont need an SP3.

So far so good.

What can happen? He doesnt want to throw his SP 1 and 2 and he gets to SP3. Fine. You have your passive and now need to drag the fight a bit to get to the next passive (higher sig = less cooldown time)

Worst case he gets to SP3 again and your passive is down. Now you are dead right? WRONG! Just pause the game BEFORE he uses SP3 and wait the time out. You loose 50% hp but who cares? Even in a full 3 min fights (I killed the 2nd hyperion every day so far with a 4* R5 LC) you parry maybe like 2 times bc you only punish his SPs or stunlock him.

So this means you ONLY die when you get hit. Go in with a plan. Play smart and save your items!

I hope this is usefull ✌🏻

• Options
    Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    Basically you're saying the best thing to do with this Hyperion is to abuse the game system by purposely timing out so you don't die. You expect me to believe that kabam wont decide to punish people for abusing this too much?
  • Options

Just curious, looking at She Hulks description on her updated spotlight, you're saying her SP1 is guaranteed to place exhaustion debuff, tell me where it says it will always land one?

Special 1

100% chance to gain a Passive Fury effect, increasing attack by 441 for 8 seconds.
    75% chance to Exhaust the opponent, reducing Critical Damage Rating by 76 and the Potency of Power Gain effects by 25% for 10 seconds.

This is taken from https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/126185/she-hulk-update-spotlight
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Basically you're saying the best thing to do with this Hyperion is to abuse the game system by purposely timing out so you don't die. You expect me to believe that kabam wont decide to punish people for abusing this too much?

Yes bc how can they? Timeout is timeout. And they changed how the timer works a few weeks ago. When they dont want that to happen pause the timer when you pause the fight. I mean you can go back to use items and units but I wont.
  • Options
    An other way is to use ghost hood and wasp so you take 0 damage when you phase and hyperion uses SP3
    I dont like ghost too much for AQ (bc the AI is so passive outside of bosses) but it works. Also very good for the massochism path 👍🏻
  • Options
    Seraphion said:

Yes bc how can they? Timeout is timeout. And they changed how the timer works a few weeks ago. When they dont want that to happen pause the timer when you pause the fight. I mean you can go back to use items and units but I wont.
    There would be a fairly easy way to do that, change the coding so instead of losing 50% hp, your champ dies regardless.
  • Options

Seraphion said:

There would be a fairly easy way to do that, change the coding so instead of losing 50% hp, your champ dies regardless.
    Ofc there are easy ways to fix it. Just use it as long as you can ✌🏻
  • Options
    Dogor2393Dogor2393 Posts: 70
    I use Hood to solo him
  • Options
    DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    I solo him with Void, no problems. Even pre-nerf. Even better with Killmonger in the team so I can heal up during the fight. Plenty of players in my alliance have beaten him (pre-nerf as well) with LC. Check your strategy.
  • Options
    teekqteekq Posts: 190
    Always someone knows everything! The point is if Hyperion decide to cross his arm nothing you can do about it but that the sp3
  • Options
    QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    That's the whole point of this thread, there are 2 different Hyperions. If you get the one that backs into the corner and does nothing, you are SOL unless you have a champ that can take that initial SP3. The happy go lucky use specials at will Hyperion isn't hard at all.
  • Options
    QuikPik said:

That's the whole point of this thread, there are 2 different Hyperions. If you get the one that backs into the corner and does nothing, you are SOL unless you have a champ that can take that initial SP3. The happy go lucky use specials at will Hyperion isn't hard at all.

You need to give him openings tho. Baiting is also a skill