**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

MCU Reskin Champs

2»

Comments

• My point is that Kabam shouldn't have to add MCU versions of characters to fix their past mistakes. They can just as easily rework the OGs and add new, different characters instead.

I'm gonna provide you with a bit of perspective here as you seem to be overlooking a few crucial details. 1st and foremost, a new variant with new abilities and animations is not a reskin as many have already stated. It's a new champ with a slightly different name. 2nd, reworks are not easily done, and they're also not very profitable. This company needs revenue to stay afloat and keep the game running. Just simple facts there.

Now, let's go a little deeper. Prior to Disney buying out Fox entertainment, certain characters were harder to attain the rights for. Some may still provide a challenge as I'm not sure if they have all the characters back at Marvel Studios, and who holds the rights. Namely, the Fantastic Four was a prime example of such an issue. I had heard they tried to get them in the past and were unsuccessful in doing so, until now that is. Next, certain characters aren't as well known to the mainstream gaming community because, yes, you guessed it, they haven't been featured in the movies (or other games) yet! So they use games, such as MCoC as promotional tools for the movies to further get the characters out there.

Not everyone is a true, diehard Marvel Comics fan. However, this game (also games like this and the movies) helps draw them in. Slowly, they have been adding more obscure characters from the comics that haven't been featured in the movies (Sentry, Void, Hyperion, Angela, Agent Venom, King Groot, Taskmaster, M.O.D.O.K. etc). Over time, I'm sure they'll add more that haven't been featured in the MCU, or other Marvel movies. Heck, over time, more will be added via the movies and have a better shot at getting made for the game too.

Of course many want to see more characters that haven't made it to the big screen get added to the game, myself included. I've been an avid fan of Marvel Comics since I was 7 years old. I'm now 35. I also understand how promotions work as I've worked in the field. Everything works hand in hand, and you utilize all the tools availableto properly get your product out there. In this case, Marvel characters, and their appearance from the movies. So, while it may annoy you a bit that there's multiple variants of the same character in this game, it helps keep it running. Then, in between movie releases, we get the lesser known characters added.

They're also slowly doing reworks along the way. Which is more to help maintain balance in the game than make money. Pretty sure most players have Colossus, yet, they're reworking him. Many had Luke Cage, Red Hulk, She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen etc when they reworked them too. At one time, they all weren't exactly appealing champs to own. Now, they're much more useful. So, while I can understand how it's not as exciting to get a new variant of Spidey this coming EQ, I'm certain we'll be seeing others that haven't found their way here soon thereafter.

If you go look at the character wish list thread, you'll find other players that want more MCU variants of characters added. A common one is Thor wielding Stormbreaker from Infinity War. Or Captain America from the end of Endgame. Heck, I would be happy to see a newer version of War Machine get added to the game with his updated armor from recent MCU movies. Or a MCU variant of Black Widow (which could happen once her solo movie comes around). Just the same, I would also love to see Vengeance, Hellstrom, Blink, Onslaught, Apocalypse, Xavier, Mystique (which I'm sure would be difficult to make her work right), Dazzler, Silver Samurai, Sauron, Exodus, Blackheart, among MANY others. There's a SLEW of great requests there that do not pertain to the MCU (yet, lol). So, you're not alone in the desire to see new faces here. Just gotta roll with the punches so to speak.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Get ready for a new Thor at some point.
  • HandsomeJasHandsomeJas Posts: 24
    edited June 2019
    Why in the world do you call Gulk, Starky, Cap IW or anyone on this list a reskin? lol what

ALSO, Mysterio, Namor, Thing and other characters are already here now, lol

These reskins are here mainly to appeal to the casual MCU community.

Oh I found the elitist.

Zuro said:

I mean if you don't like the "re-skins" you can simply just quit

Snizzbar said:

Do you even know what reskinned is?
    This OP has to be a joke
    All the og champs had the exact same animations and Specials at some point. Besides these new champs are much more complex, but of course you don’t care for their utility cuz you needed something to complain about.
    Of course they are going to bring in MCU characters. Most players that come in are familiar to the MCU versions, it’s also not like the exclusively bring in MCU champs, it also makes sense since they rely on the MCU to bring in new players.
    It is not bad for the game if it still grows and keeps players

Why should I keep playing the game if my favorite characters are not being put in but MCU versions of current champs are?
    You shouldn't?
    So you think encouraging me to quit the game is good feedback? Absolutely pathetic
    Yes.

There's a lot of horrifying problems with the game and I did quit for the last 2 months with the endgame event, but this probably isn't one of the problems. You're being kind of toxic here lol
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Definitely too many spideys, so many cool champs this game will probably never get around too and yet we’re on to our 5th (??) spider man. Really feels like the guys who pull the strings aren’t overly knowledgeable marvel fans.
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    Bye Felicia
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I have to disagree that they're reskins. They're entirely different versions and designs. With the exception of a couple (CM/MM, Mags/MMN), they're not that similar at all. It's also worth noting that these alternate versions are of some of the most prominent and highly-loved Characters in Marvel.
  • So did you just completely overlook my breakdown up there @Dazbohshet ? I'll summarize it instead, and add on a few extra points. Yes, would be wonderful to see more new characters. No, it is not easy to do reworks. That costs time, and doesn't turn out as much money as a new champ (variant or otherwise). The MCU is what is bringing in new fans. Newer fans want to see the characters as they veiwed them in the movies. Kabam clearly does promotions for Marvel flicks via the EQ. Which is just smart business.

Not everyone knows the characters outside the MCU in the gaming world. This slowly entices them to look deeper as they get more into the game with familiar faces. Again, yes, of course the Marvel 'purists' are gonna want to see more of the characters featured in the comics. Just the same, what's making Marvel more money these days? I'll give you a hint, it ain't the pictures and words printed on paper. Yes, tis is the source material for all that we see here. Facts. However, you make what sells, not what makes the purists happy.

This game remains F2P because of 2 major things. 1, the players that spend. 2, the characters that draw in new players, and keep the majority interested. Now, be real, do you honestly think throwing up characters people haven't seen in the movies is gonna draw new players in? Make new fans? Probably not is ny thoughts. Heck, one of the guys in my Alliance had NO CLUE who Namor was. I didn't make him feel bad for it either. Just enlightened him was all. When a new MCU flick is on the horizon, you can bet your bottom dollar new champs in this game will coincide with that flick. Again, that's just smart business.

If the Marvel fans of old were to spend time educating/enlightening the new fans, they'd start gaining more interest in the printed material. If you REALLY want to see more characters that haven't been featured in the MCU, that's a great way to start that ball rolling. Also, they do release characters that haven't been in the movies too. Just saying. Now, the final point I'll make... This particular part of the Marvel Universe is a culmination of MULTIPLE timelines. So naturally, there will be multiple variants of the same character. Playing deeper into the whole Multiverse aspect of Marvel. If you ask me, that's pretty cool unto itself. So, in closing, the in between months where there isn't a MCU release on deck, we do in fact get characters that weren't featured in the MCU. Namor is the most recent. Again, just saying.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

I have to disagree that they're reskins. They're entirely different versions and designs. With the exception of a couple (CM/MM, Mags/MMN), they're not that similar at all. It's also worth noting that these alternate versions are of some of the most prominent and highly-loved Characters in Marvel.

Yeah... like Mystique and Kitty Pride aren't highly loved.
    I didn't say there weren't others. If you asked a general population of people to name Marvel Characters, I'd bet a fair amount would say the same few....Spider-Man, Hulk, Thor, etc. It's not an either/or situation. With at least 2 Champs a month, there's plenty of room for newer versions and new Champs to be added. Fact is, they're partners with Marvel and have contracts and obligations that involve adding content in line with the MCU. Marvel also has a say in what's added.
  • So, just gloss over the whole of what I said to take a jab at Kabam. Whatever, I get it now. Fact remains, tis a business, not a charity. They make what sells, and occasionally throw us a bone to keep us from getting too frustrated when things go sideways. Honestly, I've had a ton of fun with this game. I've also had some very frustrating moments. I would love to see more new characters added, but I get why they do what they do. Gotta keep the money flowing. You want to call that greed, fine. That's your choice. I just call it smart business. To each their own.
  • No, I'm saying be prepared for it to happen as it's just smart business. Who knows, you may NEVER see Kraven. Sandman I could see coming down the road though. How long? Who knows. Maybe Kraven gets introduced into an upcoming MCU flick and TADA... he gets added to the game too. If these facts bother you, I don't know what to tell you. My advice, don't stress yourself over situations you cannot control. Enjoy what you can from the game, or don't. That's about it.

I by no means am saying I don't want to see new faces. I do. For sure I do. There's quite a FEW Spider-Men in game, and here comes another. Frankly, I can't wait to see how he works. Personally, I like to find enjoyment where I can vs giving myself headaches over aspects that bother me. Especially when there's nothing I can personally do to change it. I get what you're saying, but at the end of the day, what sells takes precedence. Hopefully someday they release someone you really want. I hope they do. Truly I do.
  • Just a small addon, there's a TON of characters I'd love to see that I doubt will ever find their way to the game. Onslaught, Blink, and Vengeance are my top 3 most wanted and there's little hope they'll make it here. Onslaught has become relatively obscure in the grand scheme. Same with Vengeance. Blink is the only of the 3 that has a prayer in my eyes. She's been brought to the big screen and a TV show. So MAYBE she might see the light of day here. Probably not anytime soon though.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    No wonder I just got stark spidey last month. There’s a new toy ‘round the block. Oh well, starky still good..