**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5th 5* Mutant Awakening Gem in a row...

Comments

• TO_BeatzTO_Beatz Posts: 73
    edited June 2019
    I don't think it's a coincidence that multiple people are having the same issue with pulling the same class based resources (AGs, rank up gems, etc.) over and over again.

And the fact that Kabam has an active patent where they can determine rewards based on in-game behavior shows that there's a possibility that the patent could be used in MCOC whether they want to admit it or not. At the end of the day, it's our words against their's and only they know the real answer. One solution I can come up with for everyone who's encountered this issue is to offer a trade in system similar to the T4CC one where we can trade in 2 or 3 awakening gems of the same class for an awakening gem of our choice.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    I got 3 science 4* awakening gems in a row
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    It’s not RNG. It’s not random sorry it’s just not. Yes players will get multiple classes of different resources but it’s not random. You will get what the algorithms say you will get and when you will get it.

Occasionally you will get something different that you may need for other classes but it’s programmed that way. As stated the majority of the time for the majority of the players you will get what you already have. I never said it was 100% of the time but it’s a lot of the time.

There is nothing in this game that is “random” from gems, to shards, to champions. You get what the algorithms say will be gotten.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Sorry, that's not how the RNG works, or the algorithms for that matter. This is a debate that's been around as long as RNG. So long as there's a random outcome, there will always be people who think it's rigged when they don't get what they want.
    We can agree to disagree and end it there. You have your thoughts and I have mine as everyone does.

I know what I know and it’s not random.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    OmegaMan said:

We can agree to disagree and end it there. You have your thoughts and I have mine as everyone does.

Do you have any proof at all that such algorythm is implemented?

OmegaMan said:

Do you have any proof at all that such algorythm is implemented?
    Do you have any proof it’s not?
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    So your best argument that this algorythm exist is that there is no proof that it doesn't? You could make religion out of this
  • Even with an algorithm that awards based on play habits in the mix, that would ultimately get altered by your play habits IF that's the case. Which is random unto itself as life doesn't always flow the way you want it too. You may have a general timeframe that you play, but that can get altered by outside forces. You may have an affinity towards a certain class with your rank ups, but do others to attempt some balance. In turn, altering the algorithm. The RNG is very likely assisted by an algorithm. I do not doubt this. Just the same, can you predict everything you will get? No, you can't. That's the random factor in play.

If you could track it to understand how it works, you could in theory start to predict outcomes with a discernible amount of accuracy. Seeing as how no one has the formula for such an endeavor, it's still random at the end of the day. This is the very definition of random as it is something that's chosen without concious decision. There's some method to the madness, but it's not known and ultimately not 100% predictable.

When I pop a PHC, I can make an educated guess that I'll land a 2* Champion based on prior experience. However I've also pulled 3 and 4* champs. It does appear to come in waves from what I've seen. Timing is a factor from what I've seen. So yes, there seems to be an algorithm. Just the same, even with seeing it come in waves I've also seen it defy this. Hence, random. There's also percentages in play that impact your chances of pulling whatever in some cases. This does help prove there's an algorithm with certain parameters at work, but that doesn't make it predictable

When I pop my next 5* crystal, I can make an educated guess that I won't get a Cosmic champ as out of 45, I only have 4 Cosmics, none of which are duped. I could very well get proven wrong and pull a Cosmic champ. There's greater chance I'll pull anything but a Cosmic by sheer numbers. So, what I will say is there could be something that increases or decreases your chance of getting X item over the rest. Without knowing the factors that do increase or decrease the chances, it's still in essence randomly chosen. Once you've harnessed the knowledge that allows you to make the choices that would lead you to the outcome you're after, the outcome is ultimately random. Even with the existence of an algorithm that assists the outcome.

This is what a random number generator is...

'A random number generator (RNG) is a device that generates a sequence of numbers or symbols that cannot be reasonably predicted better than by a random chance.'

Can you reasonably predict anything in this game when you think you're gonna get 1 thing and land another? By definition, no. However there's also this little tid bit...

'Several computational methods for pseudo-random number generation exist. All fall short of the goal of true randomness, although they may meet, with varying success, some of the statistical tests for randomness intended to measure how unpredictable their results are (that is, to what degree their patterns are discernible).'

So, in conclusion, yes there's always something of a pattern when dealing with digital RNG as it likely requires an algorithm to function. Just the same, until you can track it and predict the outcome with greater success than failure, it's still essentially random. To say otherwise is erroneous. All based on conjecture as no one has all the information. Without the parameters that make the would be 'RNG algorithm' do what it does, you cannot perfectly predict. Come close more often than not with prior experience at best, but that's about it currently.

So your best argument that this algorythm exist is that there is no proof that it doesn't? You could make religion out of this

Yes that’s what all basis for the argument is.

No it’s impossible for a computer to have randomness, as all programming is deterministic. It requires and input to give an output. It’s programmed to give what it does through a calculated algorithm. Randomness doesn’t exist in the game. That’s a fact.

Even though the developer likes people to believe in randomness it’s impossible to happen. It’s fact that the developer has stated crystals are determined as soon as you put it in process to open. The “visual reel” is just for visual hope or entertainment. Once that crystal is opened you get what the game determines you get through the input and calculation.

When I pop a PHC, I can make an educated guess that I'll land a 2* Champion based on prior experience. However I've also pulled 3 and 4* champs. It does appear to come in waves from what I've seen. Timing is a factor from what I've seen. So yes, there seems to be an algorithm. Just the same, even with seeing it come in waves I've also seen it defy this. Hence, random. There's also percentages in play that impact your chances of pulling whatever in some cases. This does help prove there's an algorithm with certain parameters at work, but that doesn't make it predictable

Agreed because the “seed” changes for the algorithm calculation and when the seed changes the outcome changes. Still deterministic and not random
    edited June 2019
    Drooped2 said:

True random doesnt exist in any sense of the world I agree.
    But computers are actually closer to true random then humans as they have no emotional bias

Random number generators can be written in any code language to be random ie pick a number 1 to 6 assign each number to a class.

Reward said class.not sure why you dont think that's possible its only been a thing for a few decades

Randomness does exist in the world not in programming or games. People do random things every day that they weren’t programmed to do.

The lottery is random it’s not a predetermined outcome. Yes there are odds but it’s random.
  • OmegaMan said:

Agreed because the “seed” changes for the algorithm calculation and when the seed changes the outcome changes. Still deterministic and not random
    So in essence, it's still random for you now isn't it? No one is saying that the computational outcome is 100% random. However, it is in essence random as you cannot accurately predict it, or consciously control it. That by definition is random.

So in essence, it's still random for you now isn't it? No one is saying that the computational outcome is 100% random. However, it is in essence random as you cannot accurately predict it, or consciously control it. That by definition is random.

No it’s not random it’s determined. The game knows what you are getting and just because you don’t doesn’t mean it’s random. Correct you have no control over it, what you get is what you get and it wasn’t obtained by “random generation”.

Drooped2 said:

The lottery has uses the exact same system as this.
    And people make decisions to do things thus killing random. Just because you think a person is random doesnt mean they didnt think of the thing they did.

The lottery number ticket selection does use this same method not random, however the lottery drawing of numbers is random it’s not programmed for a specific outcome.

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    1/7000 can easily happen in a game with this many people playing. What you don’t see is people that actually pull a lot of different classes of gems because they don’t come here and complain about it.
    Drooped2 said:

OmegaMan said:

Drooped2 said:

The lottery has uses the exact same system as this.
    And people make decisions to do things thus killing random. Just because you think a person is random doesnt mean they didnt think of the thing they did.

The lottery number ticket selection does use this same method not random, however the lottery drawing of numbers is random it’s not programmed for a specific outcome.

You've offered zero proof that this is a programmed outcome..
    Then you didn’t read the above posts. It’s factual that this game does not have or cannot have true “Randomness”.

Later dudes. You should probably research programming and randomness to see it’s not possible. It’s all as stated above. I’m out

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    They claim they don't but they clearly do and not just ag
    This also happens with catalysts
    Drooped2 said:

Lol I'm a programmer computers are way closer to random then humanity.

I'm done here when asked for proof he leaves.

I didn’t leave because you “asked for proof”. I don’t have the game code so I can’t “prove” anything other than randomness and “RNG” isn’t truly possible in the game. Computers may be close to randomness but they aren’t random. As a programmer you should know this.

• gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    It’s random. I’ve had 2 mystics, 2 science, 2 mutants and 1 tech. The only way you can prove whether it is random or not, is if you collect all the data on all the 5* AG ever opened by every player.
    Drooped2 said:

If its factual that means it's been proven.
    You can in fact make a random number generator in any code system that removes all biases
    The only not random part of this would be the seed (ie theres only 6 classes) true random would allow it to give you things that dont exist.

So its psuedo random but that isnt saying its an algorithm to select the same class which is an asinine assumption to make with zero factual data to back it

And that’s your opinion

Disagree and yes that’s my opinion. We all have them. “Pseudo random” is not random. That’s just funny.