**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alternate Costumes

The characters in Marvel are iconic and have a long history. In MCOC all champions have one single look. Hulk, spidey, wolverine, captain America. However we get variations of these champions such as red hulk, miles Morales, oldman Logan, and WW2 Cap. Why not add different costumes that these Characters have had in the past? For example, last year we saw both weapon x wolverine and x force wolverine, why not add those two costumes in under Wolverine's info and have us buy them for units? Similar to how we buy our summoner icons. There are a wide variety of different costumes that these Characters have had but they're the same character with the same powers. In injustice 2, we had premier skins that would change the look of the character but keep everything else the same. For example, superman had a bizzaro skin. If we have something like that to spend units on, then more people would likely buy units to purchase these costumes. I'd pay up to 1,000 units for a costume like 80s ghost rider, or 70s hulk. Here are some suggestions.

SPIDER-MAN
Scarlet Spider, Future Foundation,
Bombastic Bagman

HULK-
World war Hulk, Purple Pants (70s)
Gray Hulk(first appearance)

CAPTAIN AMERICA-
Steve Roger's Stealth suit
All new, all different

WW2 CAP-
Rescue suit (classic shield and army helmet)

WOLVERINE-
weapon X, X force, tan and brown uniform, white tank top and Jean's ( Hugh Jackman)

PUNISHER-
Trench Coat and spray painted skull

SCARLET WITCH-
Unused Ultimate Skin

BLACK PANTHER-
Classic(Cape and gold talons)

HAWKEYE-
Classic (purple and blue uniform)
Red variation

IRON MAN-
Mark II, silver centurion, mark 6, mark 42

THOR-
First appearance, ultimate, MCU
GREEN GOBLIN-
Hobgoblin

GHOST RIDER-
Dan Ketch (80s), Blue Fire

And many many more. Character's who are too similar and probably won't make it in the game such as Hobgoblin, can be in the game as a paid skin for green Goblin.

Comments

• mmmpunchmmmpunch Posts: 102

• MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    You are like a telemarketer trying to promote a pyramid scheme. “MARVEL CHARACTERS HAVE ONLY ONE LOOK? NOT FOR LONG! UPVOTE NOW!!!”

Alternate costumes exist in the form of different champions. Sym Spidey is a complete different character than Spider-Man already. There are 4 Ms. Marvels/ Cap. Marvels. End of discussion. Report this for spam please.
    @MrBanks That's the point, why add more champions if we can just have costumes for the same champion. Also? Have you seen both spidermen? They're literally the same character with the same animations, just slightly different abilities. Same with ms. Marvel and Captain marvel and both captain Americas. There's no need for another version of the same champion, when we could simply have an alternate costume that's paid for with units. Marvel future fight does the same thing I'm suggesting
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    You don’t add costumes because that’s how the game works and that’s how unique synergies, animations, looks, bios, and numbers are created.
    @MrBanks Adding a costume wouldn't change anything about the animation or the synergy. The only thing that would change would be a slight name change and a slight bio change. Which isn't a big deal. How would hulk having purple pants change his animations, numbers, and synergy? They wouldn't change at all for any costume or skin
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    Gabriel (the Creative Director of MCOC), on the UMCOC Podcast stated that they did play around with the idea of skins but ultimately nixed the idea. That is why there are images out there of black suit Daredevil, another Dr. Strange, Ultimate Scarlet Witch, etc.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    I really need alternate skin for Hawkeye. It's just painful to watch rn
    @imaginejim but why not have alternate costumes? It's a win/win. We spend units on all types of stuff, why not something like this? Then for Kabam, they make more money from people who purchase units to spend on these costumes
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★

I really need alternate skin for Hawkeye. It's just painful to watch rn

100%. Probably the worst design in the game, IMO.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    I'd like the Black Order versions from last year to be available.

@ThatGrootGroot , that could totally be a alternate skin. A pretty damn awesome skin
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    mmmpunch said:

@imaginejim but why not have alternate costumes? It's a win/win. We spend units on all types of stuff, why not something like this? Then for Kabam, they make more money from people who purchase units to spend on these costumes

I'm only delivering the news that the Creative Director delivered. I think it would be cool but I don't see it happening.

• ON12355ON12355 Posts: 144 ★★
    mmmpunch said:

The characters in Marvel are iconic and have a long history. In MCOC all champions have one single look. Hulk, spidey, wolverine, captain America. However we get variations of these champions such as red hulk, miles Morales, oldman Logan, and WW2 Cap. Why not add different costumes that these Characters have had in the past? For example, last year we saw both weapon x wolverine and x force wolverine, why not add those two costumes in under Wolverine's info and have us buy them for units? Similar to how we buy our summoner icons. There are a wide variety of different costumes that these Characters have had but they're the same character with the same powers. In injustice 2, we had premier skins that would change the look of the character but keep everything else the same. For example, superman had a bizzaro skin. If we have something like that to spend units on, then more people would likely buy units to purchase these costumes. I'd pay up to 1,000 units for a costume like 80s ghost rider, or 70s hulk. Here are some suggestions.

SPIDER-MAN
    Scarlet Spider, Future Foundation,
    Bombastic Bagman

HULK-
    World war Hulk, Purple Pants (70s)
    Gray Hulk(first appearance)

CAPTAIN AMERICA-
    Steve Roger's Stealth suit
    All new, all different

WW2 CAP-
    Rescue suit (classic shield and army helmet)

WOLVERINE-
    weapon X, X force, tan and brown uniform, white tank top and Jean's ( Hugh Jackman)

PUNISHER-
    Trench Coat and spray painted skull

SCARLET WITCH-
    Unused Ultimate Skin

BLACK PANTHER-
    Classic(Cape and gold talons)

HAWKEYE-
    Classic (purple and blue uniform)
    Red variation

IRON MAN-
    Mark II, silver centurion, mark 6, mark 42

THOR-
    First appearance, ultimate, MCU
    GREEN GOBLIN-
    Hobgoblin

GHOST RIDER-
    Dan Ketch (80s), Blue Fire

And many many more. Character's who are too similar and probably won't make it in the game such as Hobgoblin, can be in the game as a paid skin for green Goblin.

We just got new lazy-work pure cash grab addition from "same champion - different outfit" category (CM movie version - this time with loose hair!) and you asking for another like that? Please, leave.
    @ON12355 I'm not asking for more copies of the same champion, I'm asking for different costumes using the same champion. So for example instead of having 8 different iron man champions, we'll have one iron man with a multitude of skins we can buy with units to change how he looks.
  • ON12355ON12355 Posts: 144 ★★
    mmmpunch said:

@ON12355 I'm not asking for more copies of the same champion, I'm asking for different costumes using the same champion. So for example instead of having 8 different iron man champions, we'll have one iron man with a multitude of skins we can buy with units to change how he looks.

I quite understood, sorry for being sarcastic :smile:
    but given the situation we are currently in - meaning we already have those multiple "Iron man" champions, just as we have CapAmericas, Cap Marvels or best example when we talking about costumes, our beloved Magneto twins and many many other duplicates, it is impossible to start with costumes now. They would have to either delete already existing different-outfit champions (which is obviously no go) and make them "only" costumes (which is funny as most of them really feels like only costume even now when they're supposed to be self sufficient champions, what a joke) or they just add costume mechanic out of nowhere, meaning those duplicates will still be there for some champs, but for new ones only costumes would ever appear. Overall - impossible request.
    @ON12355 I agree and disagree. I think that different costumes can be implemented for twin champions. That would easily solve that problem. I just don't see the point in having all these copy cat champions that are just a simple costume change like the twin magnetos
  • RDQMRDQM Posts: 19
    Wishful thinking maybe, but I definitely agree with the idea of adding skins or alternate costumes for existing champs.
    I guess this comes from the fact that in this game we play and love, the pace at which new characters are added is so frustratiingly slow ( about 25 - 26 a year, 22 - 23 if they bring in a magneto / dd like champ). Strike Force for instance has almost 100 characters in its roster in its less than 2 years existence. Future Fight brought in the Black Order and other groups (F4) in one go. We waited a year for the Black Order sans Supergiant! Also the collecting aspect that you need to do again for 5 and 6 star champs seems too repetitive. Skins could be a way to spark renewed interest in the game.
    On the downside it could be another income generating scheme, but personally I’d rather spend a couple of hundreds on a skin than on a crystal. Remember the 500 units per Infinity stone avatar offer (buy all six to get the Infinity gauntlet avatar), if those were say F4 and Spidey skins ( white FF costumes), I will not be having second thoughts of getting em even at 1000 units per skin.
    😎
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    Yeah nah don’t think so. Can only imagine the impact on servers already overloaded w data from animations etc and if you added skins future updates might require so much more to run with all the additional graphics.

Profile icons for the said suggested champion versions might be a better way to go instead