**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dungeon Griefing Needs A Fix!!!

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    KerayZ said:

Meanwhile Kabam checks their data to find out iLac is the only person queuing into d7 with 4/40 teams. 🤣😂🤣

Seriously I only do pick up dungeons and people just do not do this, ever. You are far more likely to get someone who just flat out cannot use their r4+ 5* champs than some guy who queues with a weak team; and even then some convoluted queuing scheme will not solve the problem of people unable to do d7 with whatever champion they may have.

Non issue, manufactured problem, needs no solution, and a waste of time/electrons.

Let Forest Gump simplify it for you. “Dungeons are like a box of chocolates...deal with it.”

So you're implying folks can't use this current system to grief players? Interesting. The screenshots show you that you can. So because you don't use it, or do it and it doesn't effect you, its a non-issue. Glad to see only things that effect you directly are an issue to you. I'm going to go with my gut and assume the comments of people saying they don't do dungeons specifically because of these things are more likely to be plausible.

Thanks for not contributing to helping solve the issue though!

I’m saying in my experience they do not use this system to grief others. Furthermore someone failing, sucking, etc is not malicious intent as you portray it.

No issue to solve, some times you just get a bad match. There are countless ways for players to prevent this without denying others the opportunity to play due to personal prejudice and bias.
  • Options
    KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★
    "I’m saying in my experience they do not use this system to grief others." @CoatHang3r

You already established that in your first post where you claimed since it doesn't effect you it's a non-issue.

I show you a screenshot of his team. A screenshot of my team. So you're saying because he was allowed to choose that team I must now suffer a 4 day penalty?

Upon seeing that team I would have gladly left and let him go team up with someone else. That's not me having any personal prejudice or bias. That's just me having more control over the enjoyment of my game and the game mode provided.

You're also saying this system cannot be used to grief because of your experience? I mean....it clearly can. There's no denying that. Soooooo...your solution is just to ignore all these people saying they dont do dungeon's for these reasons?

Doesn't sound very open minded to people who don't play this game like you. I rarely even have this problem and it still happens to me. There's people in this thread confirming it. People on my video confirming it. Non-issue though?

Any suggestions to fix their non-issue? Sorry, I mean other then ignoring it.

• Options
    You suffer because you rolled the dice on a random pick up match. It’s a horrible to assume that when you queue with a random person that you’re going to always be successful; there are countless points of possible failure in a pick up match, this is a lesson any online game is subject to so I’m quite surprised this hasn’t been learned/taught yet, it is also part of the beauty of random matching in an mmo.

people are plenty capable of going deep with 5/50 3/45, I do that btw so your actually suggesting I should be denied my opportunity to run dungeons that challenge me because you had a bad experience you could have prevented by not committing valuable champs to a random match.

My solution for your situation is to have people on your list that are willing to play with you, if you cannot handle random pick ups where you have a possibility of failure. *Read between the lines.

Alternatively do not commit your best champs to a situation like that if it is going to ruin your experience. This is a worldwide game filled with a myriad of players with varying rosters and skill levels. Expecting/demanding everyone else lives up to your standards is untenable, especially when the system/community already provides alternatives.

And again I am saying, in my experience of relentless pick up dungeons, people are not maliciously matching to cause others grief. It may be possible but it’s certainly not common and just because you had a bad experience with a pick up that does not mean the other party intended it to be that way (which is what griefing is).

Tl;dr If you want control and/or a solution to your issue stop expecting random people to live up to your standards or find people willing to play with you so you not paired with the unwashed masses. You are simply demanding that the game change to fit your desires when you yourself can make a change to achieve your desires.
  • Options
    SuperSam57SuperSam57 Posts: 325
    @KerayZ I have as well been on the short end of the stick bringing in R4+ champs to have fun in dungeon 7 with new people just because I have fun in there. I don't select Randoms often since a buddy and I have been partners since dungeons were introduced, but I have been matched up multiple times with people bringing in the lower level champs. It does suck to have good champs go on cool down due to the match making. I don't believe its people with a ton of time on there hands trying to ruin experiences for others, but rather some gaps in the match making mechanic. I think the suggestions with there being match making lobby and being able to exit out without penalty would be great if it continued to just toss you in the dungeon. I know we've had a hard time schedule wise connecting, but hit me up anytime and Ill make it a point to un busy myself.
  • Options

My solution for your situation is to have people on your list that are willing to play with you, if you cannot handle random pick ups where you have a possibility of failure. *Read between the lines..

So your solution is to ignore the random dungeon finder that they took the time to code by just teaming up with a friend? That solves the issue at hand? That stops the griefing? I turn my back on it and it just goes away? lol.

I mean we already had that Groundedwisdom approach. Did you just join the thread to repeat the same things he said in a different wording?

I guess the real question is would one of the solutions already provided in this thread effect you in any way? Rhetorical since we both know the answer is no.

Would it be a positive change for folks not using their friend's list to get a dungeon done? Yes.

So why are you here again? I'm sure many folks reading your responses are wondering the same thing. You seem to be awfully invested against something that clearly doesn't effect you. Are you one of the griefers so you are hell bent on not seeing this issue resolved in a simple way?

@SiriusBreak you feel like chiming in on these two guys who are just denying facts presented and clearly trolling? They've repeated the same thing multiple times despite the screenshots and confirmations of said experiences.

I mean is it that hard to understand that using your friends list does not fix the random finder. These two guys are literally trolling against a quality of life change that they both admit doesn't effect them and yet are so hell bent against a solution to it all.

• Options
    Denying others their opportunities to play by being able to deny then matches is not a positive change.

Yes, if you cannot handle bad matches stop queuing for random matches and play with people who meet your standards rather than denying others their opportunity to play dungeons by being able to cherry pick random matches. Or alternatively stop committing your best champions to random match making and choose a lesser team. Also lower your expectations, settle for 3-4 rooms in a random match, a very reasonable goal.

Yes being able to cherry pick random matching would very well would effect me in how I approach dungeons as it would allow me to be denied matches because someone did not understand or accept my team selection for whatever reason they choose (which is subject to prejudice and bias). It would further disenfranchise others as people could deny matching to them for various other reasons and biases; like level, alliance, legend status, pvp wins, etc.

The best part is if you do not want to participate in random matching you have avenues to not subject yourself to them, but instead of exercising those avenues you wish instead to assert control over random matching by denying others their opportunity to participate in it.

I’m here because your desire to assert dominance over others and deny them opportunities to play (when your participation is optional in the first place as you have other means to achieve your desires) coupled with flawed and fallacious logic is abhorrent to me which practically demands my retort.
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    If their is an issue where it kets you get matched up with someone who doesnt meet the minimum requirements it seems like that is a bug and is something that should be fixed.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    I see talk of discrimination but how can you be discriminating against a player by choosing not to partner with them. You know nothing about them other than the champs they choose to bring. It could be as simple as both players brought champs for the same lane. Choosing not to fail with someone is not discriminatory. I also saw a post about dungeons being designed to create networking. If that's what someone is trying to do there are forums and sigh*** global chat for that. The problem could easily be solved with 2 simple fixes if they don't want to recode the game. 1 remove the cool down timer or at least reduce it to an hour. Or 2 you allow people to leave the fight without penalty to their champs. There are definitely options like allowing a choice of 3 potential partners like when you choose arena fights or fixing the champ requirements to force teams to meet the requirements for the dungeon like it was designed. I just struggled to understand why discrimination was being used as a reason not to fix this. Also for those who are content with the dungeon platform as is can you please explain why improving it for those who are not is so wrong. Nobody I've seen post has asked for a nerf to this game platform so what is wrong with making it a more reasonable experience.
  • Options

Denying others their opportunities to play by being able to deny then matches is not a positive change.

Yes being able to cherry pick random matching would very well would effect me in how I approach dungeons as it would allow me to be denied matches because someone did not understand or accept my team selection for whatever reason they choose.

Allowing you to force your team choices on players who arent willing is also not a positive thing. Honestly at this point you just look like you want to abuse this system by forcing people to accept your crappy teams in the dungeon finder. Making yourself look like one of the griefers with all your talk about using lower level teams and forcing them on folks..

That being said If we teamed up and you said NO WAIT BRO...hang with my 4/40s...i'm a pro. I'd still leave. I don't want to be forced to endure what you consider a good time. I should be given a choice just like you were allowed to have a choice in choosing that horrible team. Your debate is countered with your own logic. You are literally grasping straws at this moment and other people are even asking you why too.
    Dshu said:

Nobody I've seen post has asked for a nerf to this game platform so what is wrong with making it a more reasonable experience.

They have no reasonable answer for this. While ignoring the multiple people, who agree there is a problem, they just want to leave the problem as is. Which is why its mind baffling that kabam allows them on this thread. I seen kabam go after folks for negative behavior time and again and what they are doing in this thread is just borderline harassment. No logic at all. Kabam is allowing that harassment though so I suppose we need to endure the endless comments repeating what they said the first time.

It's very clear they want this system to stay the way it is. For their own reasons. This alone should be a red flag for the development of the dungeon finder. There is clearly a part of this system that can be blatantly abused. Confirmed to be abused and they want that abuse to continue.
  • Options
    I’ve been focused on how the OP defines bad play or team selection as griefing. Maybe there is an alternative definition but the definition to me is intentionally disrupting the enjoyment of a game for others. This is not what is described/portrayed in the OP as griefing. The OP simply defines griefing as encountering a match they do not agree with or that was bad for them.

Let us assume in arguendo that people are out to grief others in dungeons by forcing bad matches and wasting champion cool downs with regularity or that bad matches or team choice is inherently griefing and this needs to be addressed.

Now the OP suggests that one of the ways to combat this from random matching is by requiring people to get past room 1 with champions the other party finds acceptable and after doing so the champions are then locked in and subject to cool down timers. This takes time and extends the dungeon experience while also leaving the possibility for people to being continually denied the opportunity to participate in dungeons because the other party did not approve of them for any reason and at whim. This can then be termed as griefing by the denied party. Griefing still exists here, it has not gone away but simply shifted the responsible party. It also has the potential to extend the match making process for players forcing more time just trying to play rather than actually playing.

The OP also suggests that parties can be locked in once the other criteria has been met by either party. If a player is required to bring X champions by the other before they will participate this opens the door for players to then ruin the experience of the other by quitting the dungeon after their top champions are locked in. This scenario does not prevent griefing but allows griefing to have a greater impact on others for those who wish to grief someone else.

Both of these scenarios allow for more insidious and malicious griefing than what is portrayed as happening in the OP. They are, by a significant measure, more deleterious to the players experience. The solutions are not solutions, they are a means and opportunity to deny others the dungeon experience and open the door for far worse griefing than claimed by the OP. And all this can be avoided by people networking with others of similar mind via their friend list, alliances and previous dungeon experience thereby opting out of find a parter matching.

And again no one matches with 4/40 teams for D7.

• Options

I’ve been focused on how the OP defines bad play or team selection as griefing. Maybe there is an alternative definition but the definition to me is intentionally disrupting the enjoyment of a game for others. This is not what is described/portrayed in the OP as griefing. The OP simply defines griefing as encountering a match they do not agree with or that was bad for them.

Let us assume in arguendo that people are out to grief others in dungeons by forcing bad matches and wasting champion cool downs with regularity or that bad matches or team choice is inherently griefing and this needs to be addressed.

Now the OP suggests that one of the ways to combat this from random matching is by requiring people to get past room 1 with champions the other party finds acceptable and after doing so the champions are then locked in and subject to cool down timers. This takes time and extends the dungeon experience while also leaving the possibility for people to being continually denied the opportunity to participate in dungeons because the other party did not approve of them for any reason and at whim. This can then be termed as griefing by the denied party. Griefing still exists here, it has not gone away but simply shifted the responsible party. It also has the potential to extend the match making process for players forcing more time just trying to play rather than actually playing.

The OP also suggests that parties can be locked in once the other criteria has been met by either party. If a player is required to bring X champions by the other before they will participate this opens the door for players to then ruin the experience of the other by quitting the dungeon after their top champions are locked in. This scenario does not prevent griefing but allows griefing to have a greater impact on others for those who wish to grief someone else.

Both of these scenarios allow for more insidious and malicious griefing than what is portrayed as happening in the OP. They are, by a significant measure, more deleterious to the players experience. The solutions are not solutions, they are a means and opportunity to deny others the dungeon experience and open the door for far worse griefing than claimed by the OP. And all this can be avoided by people networking with others of similar mind via their friend list, alliances and previous dungeon experience thereby opting out of find a parter matching.

On your last point the op has proof of this matching. To the topic of ruining the experience for others by opting out of the match if you dont approve of your partners choice of champs. If you choose to opt out for this reason because you feel your partner's champs won't handle the content it should be your option since you are facing the penalty of a 4 hour cool down timer. As far as someone abusing the methods mentioned above by quitting out that really has no way of being corrected but preventing bad pairing is the main point I'm taking from the op
  • Options

Can you show us where you pulled this data? All the people claiming otherwise on my video, here and in my line chats are saying otherwise. We would love for you to share how you obtained this information.

You are basically saying because you have faith in the human race to not abuse this system that its ok to have this system in place at it's current state. Yet you also stated you would gladly join with rank 3 5*'s and force someone to play with your crappy team. That essentially makes you one of the griefers. If you want to play with crappy teams and show off "skill" you can do that on your own time. Not ours. This is where i just keep repeating myself until you finally get it. If you are allowed a choice. I should be allowed a choice. Thats fair play. This is a game is it not?

Appreciate your contributions to the thread and trying to not get this issue resolved though. Fighting that GOOD fight.

On the other hand we will try to bring this issue to the teams attention and see if they have any concerns. The solutions suggested in this thread are a positive change and will allow more people to have faith in the random finder. This will lead to more people using the tool and consuming the dungeon content that Kabam wants them to play. This is confirmed by the people saying if a change went into place they would definitely do dungeons more often.

Would anyone else like to step up and ignore screenshot proof, comment confirmation and experiences so they can keep this griefing system in place?

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Fjolnir said:

KerayZ said:

"Dungeons aren't a competitve game mode. They were introduced so that people could network and meet others, and progress. For example, Solo Players that wanted to connect with other people and earn Champs. We can't stop people from trying." @GroundedWisdom

Of course they can try. They can cue up with their 4* 4/40 champs. Does that person get to determine if my awesome team goes on a 4 day cooldown?

I will have that wonderful dungeon experience with someone who also wants to have a good dungeon experience. I will gladly invest my 4 day cooldown into that. So we already have an answer to that. To which you agreed and put your own spin on it. Are you retracting your agreement? Kind of confused. You're still trying to continue a conversation you already agreed to.

A simple fix allows everyone to have a wonderful dungeon experience and cancels out the griefing. Win win. Let's hope we can get them to fix it or see that its worth trying.

Unless...you're saying you agree but wait...you don't agree but wait....you agree but...um. yeah. Oh wait you agree but its not worth fixing but oh wait....let's...um.

Thanks for your contribution for a possible idea to fix the issue though!

There IS a fix that allows for a wonderful experience you want. It's playing with people you know on your List.
    That has nothing to do with the find a partner issue the OP is trying to bring attention to.
    Actually it does. The OP is asking for Matchmaking to give what playing with a Friend can offer. You can't control who you get Matched with when using the random Matchmaking, and people won't always live up to our standards.
  • Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Perhaps total PI could also be a factor to determine dungeon partners. At the end of the day though, the best solution is to only use your good team with people on your friend list, and stick with your B-team when getting randomly paired
  • Options

Perhaps total PI could also be a factor to determine dungeon partners. At the end of the day though, the best solution is to only use your good team with people on your friend list, and stick with your B-team when getting randomly paired

It does, but it's not in relation to what the other person is bringing. Each Dungeon has a range of PI, and you can get Matched with anything between the highest and lowest point.
  • Options

Do you have any ideas to fix the current system?
    What do you think about the few ideas suggested in this thread?

Ignoring the problem does not improve the quality of life for the random finder so i'm hoping you have a solution other then what the obvious answer is.
  • Options
    The experience

Fjolnir said:

KerayZ said:

"Dungeons aren't a competitve game mode. They were introduced so that people could network and meet others, and progress. For example, Solo Players that wanted to connect with other people and earn Champs. We can't stop people from trying." @GroundedWisdom

Of course they can try. They can cue up with their 4* 4/40 champs. Does that person get to determine if my awesome team goes on a 4 day cooldown?

I will have that wonderful dungeon experience with someone who also wants to have a good dungeon experience. I will gladly invest my 4 day cooldown into that. So we already have an answer to that. To which you agreed and put your own spin on it. Are you retracting your agreement? Kind of confused. You're still trying to continue a conversation you already agreed to.

A simple fix allows everyone to have a wonderful dungeon experience and cancels out the griefing. Win win. Let's hope we can get them to fix it or see that its worth trying.

Unless...you're saying you agree but wait...you don't agree but wait....you agree but...um. yeah. Oh wait you agree but its not worth fixing but oh wait....let's...um.

There IS a fix that allows for a wonderful experience you want. It's playing with people you know on your List.
    That has nothing to do with the find a partner issue the OP is trying to bring attention to.
    Actually it does. The OP is asking for Matchmaking to give what playing with a Friend can offer. You can't control who you get Matched with when using the random Matchmaking, and people won't always live up to our standards.
    It has nothing to do with living up to someone else's standards. The post is asking for a way to give both players a chance to enjoy this feature of the game. Being matched with someone completely underpowered and knowing that you are going to be penalized with a 4 day cooldown on your champs is not enjoyable to the op and anyone else who has experienced this. If you want to challenge yourself and go into d7 with underwhelming champs then those are the people who should be using their friends lists. For random matching you should have a reasonable expectation that your partners team will be able to handle the dungeon
  • Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    KerayZ said:

Do you have any ideas to fix the current system?
    What do you think about the few ideas suggested in this thread?

Ignoring the problem does not improve the quality of life for the random finder so i'm hoping you have a solution other then what the obvious answer is.
    An idea: If people are going to challenge themselves and go into d7 with a 4* roster, pair them with other people doing the same thing.

Personally, I still think it’s pretty reasonable for people to go with people they trust, and go into lower tier dungeons if they’re going to roll the dice with some random guy
  • Options

An idea: If people are going to challenge themselves and go into d7 with a 4* roster, pair them with other people doing the same thing.

Yeah and we both know what will happen if they cue up that way and we are allowed to leave with no penalty. They will never find a match in dungeon 7 and their griefing days are over.

Someone is not going to sit there for an hour of folks leaving their team. They will be forced to find a friend who wants to tolerate that nonsense.

Seems that may be why they are so upset about this change. They really really want to be able to grief you.

• Options
    Dshu said:

On your last point the op has proof of this matching. To the topic of ruining the experience for others by opting out of the match if you dont approve of your partners choice of champs. If you choose to opt out for this reason because you feel your partner's champs won't handle the content it should be your option since you are facing the penalty of a 4 hour cool down timer. As far as someone abusing the methods mentioned above by quitting out that really has no way of being corrected but preventing bad pairing is the main point I'm taking from the op
    He does not evidence someone running d7 with 4/40s the screenshot is 5/50s. He’s able with his own roster to show that yes you can do it but has not proven people do do it.

You can avoid being subject to find a partner match making without denying others their opportunities to play by playing with invite a friend is the point ya’ll seem to be missing/ignoring.

@iLac I do not bring crappy teams or champions for find a partner, I bring champions capable of getting the job done without putting my top champions at risk to a random system in which has proven time and again that rank/rarity means little and skill means everything. I regularly outlast my partners and when I do get a bad match I have not invested much and get to keep my top champions available for people who request to dungeon.

Under the proposed changes the difference in this first set of pics would be that I would’ve been required to bring top champions to have my partner lose 1 and a half champions in room 1.

Notice my partner is the one jumping at the chance to heal his r4+s in room 4.
  • Options
    Dshu said:

The experience

Fjolnir said:

KerayZ said:

It has nothing to do with living up to someone else's standards. The post is asking for a way to give both players a chance to enjoy this feature of the game. Being matched with someone completely underpowered and knowing that you are going to be penalized with a 4 day cooldown on your champs is not enjoyable to the op and anyone else who has experienced this. If you want to challenge yourself and go into d7 with underwhelming champs then those are the people who should be using their friends lists. For random matching you should have a reasonable expectation that your partners team will be able to handle the dungeon
    It has everything to do with expecting people to live up to our standards. If you Match with strangers, you have the possibility of Matching with people at different levels of ability. You can't force people to play the same as you. Where does it stop? What if they die after Room 1? Do we get the ability to penalize them? Part of this is knowing if you're running high Dungeons with higher Champs, you need to be aware you're taking a chance on Matchmaking. The experience is what we make it, and taking a chance on randos means not everyone will be on our level. We can't stop them from trying.
  • Options

It has everything to do with expecting people to live up to our standards. If you Match with strangers, you have the possibility of Matching with people at different levels of ability. You can't force people to play the same as you. Where does it stop? What if they die after Room 1? Do we get the ability to penalize them? Part of this is knowing if you're running high Dungeons with higher Champs, you need to be aware you're taking a chance on Matchmaking. The experience is what we make it, and taking a chance on randos means not everyone will be on our level. We can't stop them from trying.

@SiriusBreak he literally just repeated everything he said on page 1. which was already rebutted against in a constructive manner.

No one is stopping any of these people from "trying". We are just choosing not to try with them. Its a choice for a choice. Are you against equality of choice in gaming? Are you pro-griefing?
  • Options
    Can you cue with 4* 4/40s?
    True. The rating is not a requirement, it is a recommendation of team rating. However people do not do this except in this hyperbolic fantasy you are crafting. (Queue btw).

Can this be abused?
    True, as can any other system; well except for pairing with trusted friends which you seem to willfully ignore time and again.

Is this abused?
    False/not evidenced. Right now this is hypothetical, show me people running 4/40s. I’ve got time to wait.

Do people not like it?
    What? No one is matching with 4/40 teams.

Would people do more dungeons if they could have a choice?
    I would do less dungeons if I were required to bring my top champions into a random match without knowing the skill level of my partner. This would in turn remove me and others of like mind from dungeon match making. It’s impossible to quantify the effect it would have, but it would force people to commit their top champions without knowing the skill level of their partners which would have the same outcome of forcing your champions into cool down.
  • Options
    KerayZ said:

@SiriusBreak he literally just repeated everything he said on page 1. which was already rebutted against in a constructive manner.

No one is stopping any of these people from "trying". We are just choosing not to try with them. Its a choice for a choice. Are you against equality of choice in gaming? Are you pro-griefing?
    If you're unwilling to play with people on your Friends List and won't accept the side-effects of a random Matchmaking system, then the grief is self-inflicted. You can just as easily quit after the first Room if you don't approve of their performance. What you're suggesting is elitism, where people who don't bring what you expect can be bumped around.
  • Options
    RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★

KerayZ said:

If you're unwilling to play with people on your Friends List and won't accept the side-effects of a random Matchmaking system, then the grief is self-inflicted. You can just as easily quit after the first Room if you don't approve of their performance. What you're suggesting is elitism, where people who don't bring what you expect can be bumped around.
    In my opinion its not about not being willing to dungeon with friends, its them not being available or you not being available when they need you.

Matchmaking should work in way that matches 2 people with equal team ratings by rarity and rank.

I understand some folks have the ability to move thru several rooms with max 4*'s, but your partner has no way of knowing that, so its ok for that random partner to only wait for the 4* refresh timer versus you having to wait for the 5* refresh timer?

having both partners meet in the lobby and at least be able to re-arrange teams or change the Dungeon level based on who wants to take what path should be a part of the random matchmaking.