**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who would win #6

TheManMythLegendTheManMythLegend Posts: 5,016 ★★★★★

Who would win #6 52 votes

Dormamy (the no bargaining type)
71%
adqqedfyvrTerraHairyslugBaseballguy711Hammerbro_64Crimsontide1616Duke_Silvercharaderdude2CupidDONZALOOG1234TaZ_4178ArkhamButcherAssumedNameSkyBlueGamingKillSwitchshadow_lurker22Kobster84AleorSavageYeti2631ZombieZedd 37 votes
Thanos
28%
Stara99ZENFrostyRam_SarkarRougeknight87AntSeekFhfjghhggggjfhfjgTony886RonD9LordNeoDead1Too_qikVatrisJinKazama7Dapandaking 15 votes

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,991 ★★★★★
    Thanos is a carbonbased creature of flesh and blood. Dormammu is not. Thanos can't injure him at all without the gems. As for in game, Def Dormammu aswell.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Thanos without the stones wouldn’t stand a chance
  • RonD9RonD9 Posts: 232
    Thanos
    Thanos! Duh! Dormamy isn’t even a super villain!!
    RonD9 said:

Thanos! Duh! Dormamy isn’t even a super villain!!

Nah dormamu in the dark dimension is pretty much indestructible
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    ...but Thanos has the Time Stone.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    MCU = Thanos

Marvel Studios was very careful in their word choice. They deliberately called it the "Dark DIMENSION". Since DIMENSION =/= UNIVERSE, Thanos wins as the Infinity Stones work within its UNIVERSE. This is proven when Strange uses the time stone inside the Dark Dimension. Yes, time does NOT exist within the Dark Dimension, so the argument can be made that Dormammu simply has no control over it. But that still does NOT change the fact that an Infinity Stone worked in that dimension.

But let's say the counterargument (ONLY Time Stone works) was correct. Well Thanos would at the very least stalemate with a time loop as, again, Dormammu has no control over time (which doesnt exist in his dimension).

Comics = Dormammu?

If I recall correctly, Dormammu is a lot more powerful in the comics as he can traverse through the multiverse. But I may be wrong so DO NOT take my word from it. If this was true, then he has the advantage in every universe except one (whichever one Thanos got his Stones from). And even then, Dormammu would still have a chance against Thanos in that one dimension Thanos practically dominates.

*correct me if I'm wrong
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★

Drax is literally stronger than Thanos (w/o gauntlet of course). At least in the comics. I'm pretty sure Dormammu is far from his pinky finger being harmed.

Drax in movies: Kicks thanos's knee.

MCU = Thanos

Marvel Studios was very careful in their word choice. They deliberately called it the "Dark DIMENSION". Since DIMENSION =/= UNIVERSE, Thanos wins as the Infinity Stones work within its UNIVERSE. This is proven when Strange uses the time stone inside the Dark Dimension. Yes, time does NOT exist within the Dark Dimension, so the argument can be made that Dormammu simply has no control over it. But that still does NOT change the fact that an Infinity Stone worked in that dimension.

But let's say the counterargument (ONLY Time Stone works) was correct. Well Thanos would at the very least stalemate with a time loop as, again, Dormammu has no control over time (which doesnt exist in his dimension).

Comics = Dormammu?

If I recall correctly, Dormammu is a lot more powerful in the comics as he can traverse through the multiverse. But I may be wrong so DO NOT take my word from it. If this was true, then he has the advantage in every universe except one (whichever one Thanos got his Stones from). And even then, Dormammu would still have a chance against Thanos in that one dimension Thanos practically dominates.

*correct me if I'm wrong

I think with the time stone dr strange didn’t really beat Dormammu more as made him bored
  • LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 285 ★★
    Doctor Strange did not win by fighting, he won by using his knowledge of the Dark Dimension to his advantage. Thanos does not have access to this knowledge, so he would not know how to approach this fight. Remember, Doctor Strange had to die enough times to annoy Dormammu into releasing the Earth. However, THere is not enough knowledge of Dormammu's powers to adequately asses how he would fair against the Infinity Gauntlet.

In the comics, Thanos has no power over Dormammu in the Dark Dimension. I imagine it would be like the Thanos VS Darkseid Death Battle (see below if you have not seen it ), but with Dormammu instead of Darkseid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MisAkBx0u7E
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★

Doctor Strange did not win by fighting, he won by using his knowledge of the Dark Dimension to his advantage. Thanos does not have access to this knowledge, so he would not know how to approach this fight. Remember, Doctor Strange had to die enough times to annoy Dormammu into releasing the Earth. However, THere is not enough knowledge of Dormammu's powers to adequately asses how he would fair against the Infinity Gauntlet.

In the comics, Thanos has no power over Dormammu in the Dark Dimension. I imagine it would be like the Thanos VS Darkseid Death Battle (see below if you have not seen it ), but with Dormammu instead of Darkseid.

Death battle does get their facts wrong cause they messed up ben ten lol
  • LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 285 ★★

I am unfamiliar with Ben 10, so I cannot comment on that one. However, I understood why Darkseid one that battle, and the reasons he won can also be applied to comic Dormammu.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

I am unfamiliar with Ben 10, so I cannot comment on that one. However, I understood why Darkseid one that battle, and the reasons he won can also be applied to comic Dormammu.
    I 100% agree
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Depends. Does Thanos have the Gauntlet and the Stones? If not, he doesn't stand a chance (which I hate to say cause I love Thanos). If he does though, Dormammu doesn't stand a chance (Assuming this takes place in our dimension where the stones work instead of the Dark Dimension where they don't). There are too many variables to choose an answer.

Btw, everything I'm saying in all of these polls is based off of comics, not movies.