**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Former Top Champs now Benched

What top champ did you use extensively, but now has been relegated to your bench?

For me it's 5r4 CM. I couldn't imagine a quest without her. Build up that power, hit hard and plow through the fights. Now, she has no spot on the roster except on rare occasions when you need someone without debuffs...and usually not even then. You?

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,136 ★★★★★
    Rank5 Sl
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Ultron. He was my first max 4* and he got me through plenty now i only use him to fight havok
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★
    5/50 beast has carried me through so much it's not even funny but sadly his time had ended like a year ago
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Drax was my first 5* r4, loved him for dealing with Mordo and evaders in old wars, can’t remember the last time I used him, he got an rdt for better champs but when they changed his medium attack they ruined his utility and useability, my r4 magik also barely gets used anymore, came off the bench for this horrible Hyperion aq miniboss but good luck getting to an l2, and if you do you still have to bait between l2s his powergain is so jacked up
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    Original Hulk 5/50. He can't break into a regular team; although I did pull him out of retirement recently to fully explore 5.2 and repeatedly wreck The Collector.

And I've not taken on 6.2 myself; but other people's posts suggest that a poison immune champ who procs Fury might be helpful there...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/874292/#Comment_874292
  • I have a Dr. Voodoo as a 5* R4 and barely use him. Crazy I know but I can not find the right content for him.
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    OG Spider-Man, Colossus and Unstoppable Colossus... My initial AW team... When I was just at 4* 4/40 level and later on Ultron 5/50...

Just recently got 5* Ultron and he's into my aq team now
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I have a Dr. Voodoo as a 5* R4 and barely use him. Crazy I know but I can not find the right content for him.

Map 7 or any quest with acid wash nodes
  • LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 285 ★★
    3* sig 99 4/40 Rouge. Got me all the way to Thanos, the promptly died and never saw anything but arena again.
  • Magik. She used to be a staple for my AQ squad AND solo questing. However, I'm now of the mind, screw power control when you can wipe someone out before they can get to S2, let alone S3, lol. Between my 5* R5 CAIW, 5* R4 Blade, SES, Ghost, and Iceman... there's rarely something someone among those 5 can't handle. Just switch up 1 champ for syngery teams (bringing in either GR for the Blade, or Wasp for Ghost). Just landed Domino as a 5* so she's likely going to be put into the rotation next.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    Blade. Everyone used to worship him but too many better options like Medusa and Nick Fury came out which outclass him in versatility and bleed. Only good thing about him now is regen I guess.
  • Darth_Alden_7Darth_Alden_7 Posts: 22
    Symbiote Spider-Man took me past thanos and cleared many content then he fell off now he is barely used in arenas
  • Blade. Everyone used to worship him but too many better options like Medusa and Nick Fury came out which outclass him in versatility and bleed. Only good thing about him now is regen I guess.

Danger Sense doesn't hurt either. I still rock my 5* R4 Blade quite frequently due to this. Although Fury's Bleeds are quite nice. I just took my 5* to R4 over the weekend. So far, quite happy with the results. Perhaps someday I'll know the fun of a 5* Medusa. Truthfully, I'm not holding my breath on that day coming anytime soon, lol.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Blade. Everyone used to worship him but too many better options like Medusa and Nick Fury came out which outclass him in versatility and bleed. Only good thing about him now is regen I guess.

Medusa doesn’t out class blade. Neither does fury 😂😂.

No one sits on my bench. Use everyone (8 5*r5 20 r4), except 4* play no role for my game now so maybe my 4* black widow, first r5 4*.
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
    OG thor, hawkeye(4* and 5*), 4* magik(maxed) 4* Dr. voddo(my 1st 5/50). Back on my 3* days a favorite was OG Ironman
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    My 5/50 max sig 4* moon knight... that man was a beast.
  • Viktor252Viktor252 Posts: 44
    Simple answer... Dr. Strange. Used to be a God!!!
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    Blade.
  • I have a Dr. Voodoo as a 5* R4 and barely use him. Crazy I know but I can not find the right content for him.

Map 7 or any quest with acid wash nodes
    I'm not playing Map 7 but good to know. Thanks ;)
  • Fahad_khnFahad_khn Posts: 21
    Wolverine.
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    Doc ock, green goblin