**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unblockable Specials

@Kabam Miike can we do something about "unblockable specials". Half the time you can block parts of it. Is it "kinda unblockable" or unblockable. I run a spidergwen on these nodes because she can auto evade unblockable specials. Nek minit I'm getting hit in the face because half of it was blockable.

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,991 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Her evade of unblockable attacks isn't 100% chance .
    And depending on the champion on the unblock node it may seem the entire attack is unblockable but it ain't. Korg for ex.
    Also don't tag mods directly. It's against forum rules
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    F
    Terra said:

And they seem to be monitoring the forums regularly, so they’ll see questions and such without tagging them.

• Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Funny how people have tagged mods forever and suddenly everyone is jumping on what a no no it is. I’ve only ever seen one mod actually post not to tag mods when they were tagged 🙄. Mike usually responds when he’s tagged.. props to him for that. Call people crazy for wanting to tag mods so their question actually gets read. We won’t read your post unless you tag us but don’t tag us it’s against the rules. Really? 😒

🐻
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,345 ★★★★★
    BigDog34 said:

@Kabam Miike can we do something about "unblockable specials". Half the time you can block parts of it. Is it "kinda unblockable" or unblockable. I run a spidergwen on these nodes because she can auto evade unblockable specials. Nek minit I'm getting hit in the face because half of it was blockable.

Unfortunately, it's complicated as to which parts of which Special Attacks are Unblockable; and you just need to be on your toes.

Nodes which have a direct effect on Specials (like Enhanced Special-1) usually cause only the first hit to be Unblockable.

Nodes that cause all attacks to be Unblockable (like Rage or Unblockable Finale) affect all hits of the attack; because all of your attacks are affected.

Generally speaking, if the Special is Unblockable because it's an inherent ability of the champion (Corvus SP2, Diablo SP2, Thing >15 rock stacks), the entire attack is Unblockable.

Exceptions are Loki's SP2, where only the second hit is Unblockable; and IMIW where only the Blade arm of his SP1 is Unblockable.

Awakened Cyclops is a complicated one - the Beam attacks of Blue Cyke are Unblockable over a combo of 20 (but punches/kicks aren't), so SG will Evade the beams better than the physical attacks. Red Cyke has a different Sig in that his damage isn't reduced by blocking (presumably this means that they have 100% block penetration), but beams don't knock you down as they aren't actually Unblockable. So SG shouldn't have an enhanced ability to evade these.

All clear?
  • BigDog34BigDog34 Posts: 62
    Terra said:

And depending on the champion on the unblock node it may seem the entire attack is unblockable but it ain't. Korg for ex.

Everything you said then I hate. She has a 440% chance to evade all unblockable attacks which includes basic attacks that are unblockable.
  • BigDog34BigDog34 Posts: 62

BigDog34 said:

Unfortunately, it's complicated as to which parts of which Special Attacks are Unblockable; and you just need to be on your toes.

Nodes which have a direct effect on Specials (like Enhanced Special-1) usually cause only the first hit to be Unblockable.

Nodes that cause all attacks to be Unblockable (like Rage or Unblockable Finale) affect all hits of the attack; because all of your attacks are affected.

Generally speaking, if the Special is Unblockable because it's an inherent ability of the champion (Corvus SP2, Diablo SP2, Thing >15 rock stacks), the entire attack is Unblockable.

Exceptions are Loki's SP2, where only the second hit is Unblockable; and IMIW where only the Blade arm of his SP1 is Unblockable.

Awakened Cyclops is a complicated one - the Beam attacks of Blue Cyke are Unblockable over a combo of 20 (but punches/kicks aren't), so SG will Evade the beams better than the physical attacks. Red Cyke has a different Sig in that his damage isn't reduced by blocking (presumably this means that they have 100% block penetration), but beams don't knock you down as they aren't actually Unblockable. So SG shouldn't have an enhanced ability to evade these.

All clear?
    If it's an unblockable special, it should all be unblockable. Clear?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    BigDog34 said:

BigDog34 said:

All clear?
    If it's an unblockable special, it should all be unblockable. Clear?
    The node itself specifically states it is the first hit, INSTANT projectile or beam that is unblockable, the rest is not. Spidies sp1 seems to be the only thing that breaks the rules for some reason, but the buffs are clear that it is not every hit in the special.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    BigDog34 said:

Terra said:

Everything you said then I hate. She has a 440% chance to evade all unblockable attacks which includes basic attacks that are unblockable.
    Its actually 550 and only against specials.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    edited July 2019
    BigDog34 said:

Terra said:

nope, it has +550% Ability accuracy, it's different. With 1 charge you normally have a 7% chance to evade with a 100% AA, but against unblockable hits you get a +550% AA, that is translated in a 38,5% evade chance, that added to your initial 7% give you 45,5% chance to evade: you need at least 3 charges to get a 100% chance to evade :)

EDIT: did the wrong math ^^"