**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Realizing Aegon as a 4* is useless!!

So I got Aegon as a 4* and was pretty excited. So many people talked about him being amazing. So I used a generic AG on him and then immediately started using Sig Stones on him. I used him some and wasn’t impressed, but I thought maybe it’s because I didn’t have him at max Sig???. So I’m pumped more Sig Stones in him. He is now almost maxed out and I still think he is mediocre at best. Some 4* champs are still usable in endgame content. (Void, AA, Blade,...)

Is it because he is a 4* maybe? I have noticed others post that he is best at Act 5+ content. Needs to be really long fights and long quests. I always find that he dies before you can really get him to a high enough combo. And that’s just from block damage here and there.

Here is where I am at in the game.
-Completed Act 5.
-100% Act 5.1& Act 5.4
-I have 43 - 5* champs.

So did I waste an AG and a bunch of Sig Stones? Is he not usable as a 4* in Endgame content (I know 4* cant be used in Act 6, but UC Monthly EQ, later paths Act 5)? At this point he is at 4/40 and I’m considering bringing him to 5/50, just hoping that makes the difference. But thought I would get opinions before doing so.

Thanks

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    bamabb said:

So I got Aegon as a 4* and was pretty excited. So many people talked about him being amazing. So I used a generic AG on him and then immediately started using Sig Stones on him. I used him some and wasn’t impressed, but I thought maybe it’s because I didn’t have him at max Sig???. So I’m pumped more Sig Stones in him. He is now almost maxed out and I still think he is mediocre at best. Some 4* champs are still usable in endgame content. (Void, AA, Blade,...)

Is it because he is a 4* maybe? I have noticed others post that he is best at Act 5+ content. Needs to be really long fights and long quests. I always find that he dies before you can really get him to a high enough combo. And that’s just from block damage here and there.

Here is where I am at in the game.
    -Completed Act 5.
    -100% Act 5.1& Act 5.4
    -I have 43 - 5* champs.

So did I waste an AG and a bunch of Sig Stones? Is he not usable as a 4* in Endgame content (I know 4* cant be used in Act 6, but UC Monthly EQ, later paths Act 5)? At this point he is at 4/40 and I’m considering bringing him to 5/50, just hoping that makes the difference. But thought I would get opinions before doing so.

Thanks

he starts off in a quest mediocre, but by the time he has a 1k hit combo he is hitting like a mac truck.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Not trying to be rude at all, but if you knew you only had a little bit of Act 5 left, and that’s the only place a 4* Ægon can shine, why would you rank him up? For me, I still have to explore 5.2 and complete and explore 5.3-4, so I will get a ton of usage out of him.

On the bright side, since Ægon 4* doesn’t hit as hard as a 5*, you will get bigger combos in shorter quests like uncollected difficulty if you have a stun immune Spidy on a biohazard node or something.

I do agree that he does take a unhealthy bit of block damage.
  • bamabbbamabb Posts: 17
    I probably should have thought through it a little more/ learned more about him. I just got him and because I saw everyone maxing him out I immediately started maxing him out. I have plenty of great 5* champs to get me through content. I mainly use certain 4* because of their utility. AA for neurotoxin, Void against regen champs. But Thinking about it Aegon doesn’t really have a unique utility. If I have 5* Ghost, Starkey, Blade. I will probably never have a use for a 4* Aegon. Like Void in certain circumstances is better than those champs just to reverse healing. There will probably never be a scenario where a 4* Aegon would be a better option than a 5* Ghost, Blade, or Starkey correct? So probably no reason to bring him to 5/50?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    It's a 4* gem. If you are done with Act 5, then you likely don't need generic 4* gems. I think you'll be okay.
  • TankRichardsonTankRichardson Posts: 87
    I think you're overthinking it a bit. If you're almost on Act 6, you will definitely being using 4* a lot less. If you are still finding a use for 4* champs, then he is still useful. If you have AW, AQ, and still want to quest, I'm sure you can find a use for him (he does great in AQ because he can handle most paths). If you have no use for him in quests, then you can still use him in arena. Either way, not a waste to rank up a top tier toon.
  • bamabbbamabb Posts: 17
    I am not sure exactly what trolling is, but I don’t think I’m doing it. Lol
    I am just trying to figure out if Aegon has a utility that makes him useful beyond just high damage. It seems to me that Aegons main purpose is these long big fights. That all seems to be endgame content, but by the time you make it to endgame content you most likely already have better options in a 5*. So what purpose does a 4* Aegon serve?

As an example by the time you make it to lol you most likely already have some great 5* options. Now a 5* Aegon I could see being very useful.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Block damage can really hurt a 4* with end game content. The best way to avoid it is to practice parrying and also evading so that you don't take block damage. I look at block damage the same way as getting hit now. But like others have said, once his combos get up, he really does destroy other champs. Check out synergies with Hemdall (if you have him) to keep him alive. Also he has a synergy with Captain Marvel (original) or Angela for better fury efficiency, and then also with Star Lord for keeping your combo even if you happen to get hit.
  • TankRichardsonTankRichardson Posts: 87
    bamabb said:

I am not sure exactly what trolling is, but I don’t think I’m doing it. Lol
    I am just trying to figure out if Aegon has a utility that makes him useful beyond just high damage. It seems to me that Aegons main purpose is these long big fights. That all seems to be endgame content, but by the time you make it to endgame content you most likely already have better options in a 5*. So what purpose does a 4* Aegon serve?

As an example by the time you make it to lol you most likely already have some great 5* options. Now a 5* Aegon I could see being very useful.

I guess if you're thinking about end game content, 4* shouldn't really be much of a thought. He is one of the best champs for a reason- yes he takes a fight or two to ramp up, but he gets better and better. I take him in AQ and he can handle almost every path. Mine is a 5*, but if you are running map 4 or 5 it shouldn't matter.

As you progress, I would say the depth of your roster is just as important as the breadth. If you're in AQ, AW, and EQ, you'll need more champs than Ghost, Stark, and Blade.
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    Most of 4* are getting slowly out of use..

Don’t get me wrong, I still have few (7?) rank up max (gr, blade, Sparky, ghost, iceman etc) but I’ve stopped to rank the rest.. I think better to focus on 5* only and do not waste resources on 4*.

Just wonder if kabam and actually when kabam will allow to rank up 6* champions to 4/5 level..
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    ...... Ægon is an god. Use him in AQ for path clearing and you may change your mind
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Last sentence cracked me up, like use awakening gem and 98 stones but didn't bother to rank5 lmao
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    I was thinking that using all those items and not taking him to 5/50 would be a waste of all of those items.

I have a 5/50 4* at sig level 70. The damage he takes while blocking is too high for me on long quests, but I've been running him in AQ to get familiar with his style.

When I run him in AQ, I have an Ivan Drago attitude about him ("If he dies, he dies") and use the remaining 2 champs to clean up paths. But if my skill gets him to the end of the map, he is hitting like a freight train in the 3rd section.

I haven't run him in my effort to 100% complete Act 5 yet because I'm running suicides to support my 5* OR. I have run his 4* version to farm pots in RoL and it's fun even with suicides. I just run him to his S3 over and over and over. The stuns are nice and long and his damage really gets rolling.

If I had a 5* Aegon, I wouldn't have R5'ed my 4*, but my 4* is a lot more useful to get used to a champ than a 3*.

I pulled OR in 4* and awakened him and started to practice with him and the I lucked out and pulled a 5*. Did I waste resources? In hindsight, sure, but in the moment I made the best decision I could make with the roster I had.