**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Omega Red, why the love?

GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
Is the reason why everyone loves Omega Red so much because he is perfect for suicides? Using him with normal masteries and I just don't see where he is all that special. Not trashing him but I'm just trying to figure out if my 4 star is worth taking to rank 5.

He doesn't do a ton of damage and can't take a hit super well either. Also, his regeneration isn't that great when compared to some other champs. It's got to be his perfection to suicide masteries make him great? Or am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Omega needs to be duped and high sig level plus on suicide mastery’s.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Doesn't necessarily need suicides...
    https://youtu.be/dqRR_0LTVSQ
  • Options
    WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    He is great for more end game content so 4* aren't as popular as due to this.
    Amazing for biohazard paths (Act 6/Map 6) especially with willpower as you are taking almost no damage but are healing, is basically double immune but when duped you can stack your spores against the enemy (which you get by being close to them from you attacking them or vice-versa) once reaching 10 and at 4/55 and sig 80 it becomes 680 damage per second standing next to them.
    Once death field is active from bleeding or sp2 (suicides) this damage stacks additionally.
  • Options
    KG05_1KG05_1 Posts: 59
    Mine is 4/55 sig 85 and he’s a monster. Once you get his sp2 death field going the spores can do crazy damage per second, even if you mess up and he’s hitting you. He’ll still take tons of damage while being close to you
  • Options
    PazinatorPazinator Posts: 69
    Is he still that great without suicides though? I just got one and debating if he’s worth it. I have a r2 6* Corvus, r5 ghost, r5CAIW and 6* Emma (who I use in AQ).

Secondary question is it worth getting suicide masteries?
  • Options
    Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    Have him 5*r4 130 sig, without suicides i dont see that he is better than others. still debating if i want him to r5, without suicides seems no
  • Options
    KG05_1KG05_1 Posts: 59
    Suicides are great unless you do wars often. Your war defenders will suffer a LOT from suicides
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    KG05_1 said:

Suicides are great unless you do wars often. Your war defenders will suffer a LOT from suicides

True, unless you use war defenders that can either negate or benefit from suicides.

As to Omega Red, he definitely shines most with suicides (I try to save up to turn them on at the start of each month for the Uncollected EQ, since he melts most content, and then turn them off after I 100% UC difficulty). However, he is still one of my favorites to use without suicides. A solid strategy (for longer fights) is to hit them with an SP2 to activate death field. This allows your max spore count to go from 10 to 30. Play aggressive to get as many spores on them as you can, then hit them with a heavy right before death field expires. This adds a degen to them AND prevents sporrs from falling off while the degen is active. Time some parry / heavies right as you rebuild your power and you can keep a high number of spores on them up to your SP3. Drop that with a high spore count and watch the MASSIVE regen. The only issue with this approach is that fights don't often last long enough. In those cases, for the first part, and when you have the high spore count after the SP2 hit them with am SP1. It will clear your spores but also do a decent regen still.

To the OP, with both Corvus and Omega Red, suicides may be worth investing in as they are two of the best champs to use with suicides. Those two together can tackle just about anything.