**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dumb thoughts

HeavyBr3athingHeavyBr3athing Posts: 144 ★★
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
When I first started on the game and the ai would throw a sp 2 after building to a sp3 I thought you could choose which special you wanted to use and would get so frustrated when I couldn't figure it out..

So, any of you had any dumb thoughts playing the game?

Comments

• HeavyBr3athingHeavyBr3athing Posts: 144 ★★
    Wubbie075 said:

A recent thread reminded me of this: It took me probably a week or 2 or so to realize I wasn't actually playing against other players in Arenas.

When they advertised it as PvP you'd be excused from thinking that lol
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    One of my thoughts lol
    "Are we just going to ignore the fact that Cap just said, 'Language?"

In other news, the title got censored.. whoops
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I once thought, “ I see so many people getting Goldpool from those crystals! Maybe I will get lucky too”

Ahahahahahahahaa...😭
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    I thought war exploration came from the “lines” being taken not the nodes or portals. Leader yelled at me when I skipped a portal to take a line not taken which I thought was helping. I said is it the lines or portals that matter? He’s said “oh.... I’m not sure”. Last time he ever got mad at me for something, knowing that there were methods to my madness, I just needed proper knowledge.

🐻
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    I also thought when I started not only that aw synergies worked but that bpcw and og bp were a deadly war combo since they had enhanced bleed... thought I was super clever.... sigh.

🐻
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    So when I started the game my first 2* was Guillotine. I loved that champ. I told myself “I will never ever ever take her off the team!” Well. Yeah. I kinda didn’t realize that 4 and 5 stars were a thing. :p
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Wubbie075 said:

A recent thread reminded me of this: It took me probably a week or 2 or so to realize I wasn't actually playing against other players in Arenas.

Don’t worry, it took me a lot longer than that lol.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★

When I first started on the game and the ai would throw a sp 2 after building to a sp3 I thought you could choose which special you wanted to use and would get so frustrated when I couldn't figure it out..

Lmao.. yeah I did the same thing... I thought why can't I throw a special 2 when I have 3 bars of power. I tried hitting all kinds of different buttons.
  • UHJ69UHJ69 Posts: 132
    When I first started, one of my first champs was a 1* Spiderman. Shortly after, I pulled a 2* Spiderman from a phc. I figured, well, I can only have three champs on my questing team, and the 2* is stronger than the 1*, so I sold the 1*. Pretty sure I did the same thing with 2* Wolverine when I got a 3* version.
  • The_Mighty_ToeThe_Mighty_Toe Posts: 132
    I didn’t realize you could swap champs in arena for more favorable matchups. Never tried until a friend watched and asked me why i didn’t bother with class disadvantage/advantage.
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276

Ditto, took me a while to realize it wasnt possible.
    Wubbie075 said:

It took me a few months, not to mention that at first I didnt play arena

I didn’t realize you could swap champs in arena for more favorable matchups. Never tried until a friend watched and asked me why i didn’t bother with class disadvantage/advantage.

I only learned that you can move the champs around on 3v3 like 6 months ago

• LrrrrLrrrr Posts: 234 ★★
    I couldn’t figure what to do with my first 3* tech sig stone. I tried so many time to apply it on rocket, i had no clue what an awakened ability was.
  • SuperGoodSuperGood Posts: 128
    edited July 2019
    I thought this game was really hard... Then I discovered masteries like Parry and Dex... it took me almost a year of playing before I got them.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Wubbie075 said:

I remember thinking the same thing until I paused the fight once and then the pieces started all coming together...
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    I though duels might negatively impact the player stats (of some kind...gold, rating...?)of my “opponent”
  • LD_Studios97LD_Studios97 Posts: 165
    I used to sell all of my three stars to get four stars
    My account didn't do to well, and I also probably sold the four star too
    Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one 😂
  • C4edmonC4edmon Posts: 26
    I thought heavys were OP because the AI in act 1 let me spam them
  • SpeakGeek345SpeakGeek345 Posts: 8
    A few things, actually.. but three really stick out.
    Selling heroes. Sold the one star Logan soon as the game let me because I didn’t like the way he looked. Also sold a couple dozen three stars when I first started getting them, and my first two four stars, HB and Iron Patriot for shards early on. (I know they’re bad, but i’m sentimental still about selling them.)
    Buying premiums. Because I thought that if I bought another one, I’d “eventually” get a better hero. Got real expensive real fast. 😂
    Comparing myself to others. I got a two star Loki (one of my favorite characters that I had been hoping to pull) from buying a beginner’s pack in the first couple weeks of playing and thought that I’d never take him off of my roster until I started seeing everyone talking about three stars, then fours, fives, and sixes until I felt like I’d never match up to anyone else.. (I found out that it didn’t matter, everyone has their rate of progress and I’d eventually get to where the six stars were if I kept playing and had fun.)
  • SpeakGeek345SpeakGeek345 Posts: 8
    Although, nothing about the Collector or Act 6 sounds fun, now that I think about it.. 😩😭😂
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    SuperGood said:

I thought this game was really hard... Then I discovered masteries like Parry and Dex... it took me almost a year of playing before I got them.

I remember fighting thor miniboss in AQ and without dex his SP2 hurt a lot
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    I recently realised that the dungeon tier rewards Page Shows how many 3, 4 or 5* i actually posess.
    Right without counting.
    Astonishing!
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★

Wubbie075 said:

I remember thinking the same thing until I paused the fight once and then the pieces started all coming together...
    YUP!! That's how I figured it out too! Except I wasn't intentionally pausing the fight.

I was so wild and crazy with my swiping when I first started playing I would constantly swipe the game off the screen (still not entirely sure how I managed that, lol), and when I'd switch back to the game the fight would be paused. So I figured I can't be the *only* knucklehead doing that, so why didn't my fights randomly pause when the other guy did the same thing. I'm not sure if intentionally pausing a fight actually occurred to me for a long time, lol.