What the heck is thi!! Useless War System

Kabam,

You really need to fix your War system. How can an Alliance loose, even after having 100% exploration vs the other alliance having less exploration?


I understand the points system, but some weightage has to be given on exploration boss kill etc?
«1

Comments

  • kus234kus234 Posts: 9
    You forgot to read that we had higher exploration, infact 100%.. what about that.. I dont think this fair at any level..
  • kus234kus234 Posts: 9
    i think the point I am trying to make is, You take into account these Attack bonus or Diversity if u have tie, other wise it should be simple, Boss kill--> Exploration.. These points are not helping rather just a nuisance..
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 2,206 ★★★★
    All the information nessecary to figure out wht exactly you lost is literally right there on your screen.

    Now, whether you like that or not is your thing. It's certainly not unfair, though.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 2,027 ★★★★
    They died alot less. Pretty simple
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 514 ★★★
    edited July 23
    kus234 said:

    i think the point I am trying to make is, You take into account these Attack bonus or Diversity if u have tie, other wise it should be simple, Boss kill--> Exploration.. These points are not helping rather just a nuisance..

    There is no such thing as tie breaker when the points aren't close. They beat you pretty handily on bonus and had almost 1k more points than you. Take the L, do better next time and move on.
  • mike0179mike0179 Posts: 14
    edited July 23
    Our alliance has learned the hard way diversity and attack bonus are just as important to winning war. You can't win having a bunch of the same defenders cause you get less points for diversity. If you can't beat the other alliances defenders on the first 3 tries you don't get attack bonuses and those add up. Try try try again.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 592 ★★★
    Snizzbar said:

    Because attack bonus is more important than 0.6% exploration I think. It certainly got them more points.

    I'm actually interested in this point .. I see that stat, but how is it calculated ? how do you "boost" it as you play ?
  • kus234kus234 Posts: 9
    I understand everyone point of view.. but again my argument is even after 100% exploration we loose vs the other alliance not even completing just does not make sense.. maybe I dont have a good solution but the point is everywhere else exploration matters.. like AQ or quests, why not in War? In AQ the more we explore the more points and at 100% we get better prize.. why in War we treat Exploration as ****
  • mike0179mike0179 Posts: 14
    dot_ditto said:

    Snizzbar said:

    Because attack bonus is more important than 0.6% exploration I think. It certainly got them more points.

    I'm actually interested in this point .. I see that stat, but how is it calculated ? how do you "boost" it as you play ?
    If you beat a defender on the first try you get the full attack bonus. If you lose but win on the second try you get less and if you beat them on the third try, it's an even smaller bonus. After those three tries you lose out on the entire thing
  • @kus234 Unfortunately you're getting hung up on looking at 1 aspect of AW. Especially when there's only a 0.6% difference in exploration. The bulk of your points after exploration come from Attack Bonuses and Boss Kills. Diversity is a nice bonus, but not gonna be a life saver if you lost too many Attack Bonuses. Simply clearing the Map isn't enough if you're losing matches along the way. Gotta win the 1st round or suffer an 80 point loss each time you don't. 160 point loss for missing the mark twice on the same node. 240 point loss for missing it 3×. That stacks up QUICK. Which is the point of the Attack Bonus system.

    The AW point system as is stands rewards winning. Which is the best way of doing it IMO. Punishment for losing more than 3× (i.e. Defense Kills giving points) ultimately is problematic. The way the system works now gives at MAX 186,150 points per war with 3 BGs. That's only achievable by getting 100% exploration, full attack bonuses (495), full diversity (150), 3 Boss kills, and no defenders dropped by the opposing Alliance. However, let's say the opposition drops all your defenders. Max you could achieve is 148,650 for a 3 BG war. If you started including Defender Kills giving points, there'd be no point cap per war. Which ultimately would create uneven ground in AW Seasons.

    So my advice, focus on those attack bonuses! They're your AW bread and butter. That's how you win wars. Not losing fights along the way. However, you lost in attack bonus by 11, and diversity by 12. So while you gained a 150 point edge in exploration, and a 250 point edge in defenders remaining, it wasn't enough to out do the 1,240 points they had on you elsewhere. Leaving you 840 points shy of what they did. There's nothing wrong with the point system. It works wonderfully. Just need to up your attack game is all. Best of luck out there.
  • PawnyExpressPawnyExpress Posts: 50
    kus234 said:

    I understand everyone point of view.. but again my argument is even after 100% exploration we loose vs the other alliance not even completing just does not make sense.. maybe I dont have a good solution but the point is everywhere else exploration matters.. like AQ or quests, why not in War? In AQ the more we explore the more points and at 100% we get better prize.. why in War we treat Exploration as ****

    You're just dense aren't ya?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,452 Guardian
    kus234 said:

    I understand everyone point of view.. but again my argument is even after 100% exploration we loose vs the other alliance not even completing just does not make sense.. maybe I dont have a good solution but the point is everywhere else exploration matters.. like AQ or quests, why not in War? In AQ the more we explore the more points and at 100% we get better prize.. why in War we treat Exploration as ****

    Because war is a competition. There's only two prizes in war: the winner gets one and the loser gets the other. AQ rewards for effort and progress: there's no way to "win" AQ: the more you do, the more you get. But in AW, there's no reward for fully exploring the map, there's no reward for killing the boss, there's no reward for placing defenders. Those are all means to an end of beating the other alliance.
  • REiiGN15REiiGN15 Posts: 101
    The other team used less revives than you
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,452 Guardian
    mike0179 said:

    dot_ditto said:

    Snizzbar said:

    Because attack bonus is more important than 0.6% exploration I think. It certainly got them more points.

    I'm actually interested in this point .. I see that stat, but how is it calculated ? how do you "boost" it as you play ?
    If you beat a defender on the first try you get the full attack bonus. If you lose but win on the second try you get less and if you beat them on the third try, it's an even smaller bonus. After those three tries you lose out on the entire thing
    I'm going to correct this a bit, because it is a point of confusion for many players. When the war begins, every node that you could theoretically place a defender on gets 240 attack bonus points put on it. Every time you die fighting on that node 80 points are taken away. When you pass through the node, you get however many are left.

    In other words, if you kill the node without dying, you get 240. If you die once and then kill the node, you get 160. Then 80, then zero.

    However, and this is the part some people don't understand, what happens if there's no defender there, because no one placed one? Well, the moment you step onto that node, you get 240 points. Why? Because you walked through/onto it without dying. It is that simple. And since there are 55 places you could place defenders and only 50 possible defenders with full participation, there are always at least five nodes that you will get the full 240 attack bonus points for. If, and this is important, you reach and walk onto the node.

    So if the other side doesn't place defenders, they aren't robbing you of points. You'll get those attack bonus points whether they place or not. These points aren't earned by killing anything. They are earned by stepping onto a node, which happens if you kill the node or if you step onto it because there's nothing defending it.

    Also, if there's a path you don't do, you can't get the attack bonuses from the empty nodes. The nodes might be empty, but you don't just get those points "automatically." You still have to walk onto the node.

    This still confuses people, so it bears repeating: you get attack bonus when you step onto a "defender node" (a node you can place a defender onto, not portals or other things). You get the bonus whether there actually is a defender or not. But if there is a defender there, you lose 80 attack bonus points every time you die (or time out) until it reaches zero. It doesn't go lower than zero.

    You should still kill it even if all your attack bonus is gone, because if you don't then first the other side gets 250 points for you leaving a defender alive, and second because you lose exploration points for not clearing that node (plus anything past that point).
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Right so what you’re saying is no matter how many times you die you should win the war if the opponent misses out one empty node?
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 97
    kus234 said:

    why not in War? In AQ the more we explore the more points and at 100% we get better prize.. why in War we treat Exploration as ****

    Because war is war. You have to kill the others and not be killed in the process, that's the main purpose, and at that game they beat you fair and square.
  • PawnyExpressPawnyExpress Posts: 50

    Right so what you’re saying is no matter how many times you die you should win the war if the opponent misses out one empty node?

    That's pretty much what he's implying. 🤣🤣
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 266
    So they set up a point system. Instead of playing by that point system which all can do. It’s not fair because you didn’t win?
    Just play by the established system. You so better. You win. Period.
  • X_Factor_AgentX_Factor_Agent Posts: 1,706 ★★★★
    edited July 23
    kus234 said:

    Kabam,

    You really need to fix your War system. How can an Alliance loose, even after having 100% exploration vs the other alliance having less exploration?


    I understand the points system, but some weightage has to be given on exploration boss kill etc?

    Oof
    You do know exploration doesn't give all the points... Right?
Sign In or Register to comment.