**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

We need gold !!!

2Β»

Comments

• DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2019

Djkrdjj said:

Has arena been shutdown?

Arena freakin sucks
    Who wants to do the same old easy fights over and over again. It’s not fun. Also,just because u want to do arena doesn’t mean every one else does. #arenaneedsarevamp
    But seriously it would be so much better if the took the Sunday class catylst event and revamped it into a gold event and hall of healing event( only one each Sunday with toned down rewards)
    It sucks but you have a good net outcome of resources that you get
    And just because you don’t like arena doesn’t mean we need to create a whole new game mode just for you
    So many other people want a gold gamemode so no it’s not just for me.
    And yes I do arena, i do the work, I just want a different way to get gold than arena
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    F. CK gold we need t2 alphas πŸ€£πŸ˜­πŸ˜…πŸ˜­πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜œπŸ˜±πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜œπŸ˜­
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 β˜…β˜…
    Op, get in arena and quit whining.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    xNig said:

I seem to have a problem spending gold...

Still sitting at 78m despite being F2P..

That's because you're lazy. I've worked my gold down to 74 million recently.

Seriously, everyone is short of something, literally everyone. Either you're short catalysts to rank up champions or you're short ISO to level up champions or you're short gold to upgrade champions or you're short crystals to get new champions. And everyone has a reason why their shortage is special. Gold is special because it is the more "fundamental" bottleneck or whatever. The same case has been made for T4B, for T4CC, for 5* crystal shards. It is the same case, just applied to whatever someone is short of.

The problem is you *literally* cannot address these shortages without creating others. If you add more gold to the game, for every player with more gold than they need this will help not at all, and for every player that is short of gold this will just allow them to use more ISO and catalysts, and then they will run out of one of those. Which will become the new fundamental bottleneck.

If you need two resources, A and B, you either run out of A and get stuck on B, or you run out of B and get stuck on A. It would be a remarkable coincidence if it all came out perfectly even. It is all but impossible for it to come out perfectly even for all of the different players of the game, across all the different rank up currencies we need.

What's more, there's another completely separate problem. You can just as easily add currency sinks as you can currency sources. So if it is fair for players short of gold to ask for gold sources, it should also be fair for players with a lot of gold to ask for gold sinks - things to spend their extra gold on. But then all those things become things the players short of gold cannot ever realistically get. You've basically just recreated the gold shortage in a different context.

More to the point perhaps, the players "short" of gold have lots of other stuff - ISO, cats - they want to spend on champions. Asking for more gold is tantamount to asking for a way to spend those things. That's no different from players with a lot of gold asking for more sources for everything else. If asking for more gold is fair, asking for more cats is fair, asking for more ISO is fair, and asking for more champion shards is fair. And after Kabam satisfies all those requests, the players short of gold today will be once again short of gold, because they will once again have less gold than cats and ISO and champs.
  • Sly1Sly1 Posts: 23 β˜…
    Arenas is definitely where the gold is. I used to grind them plus quest whenever I could and had more gold than I could spend. I used to laugh when I got gold crystals. The past few weeks I've hardly touched arenas and now I'm always broke scraping to find enough to level my guys.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I got 15 million and I’m not a whale or a big spender lol. Or a heavy arena grinder.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2019
    Probably a dumb idea but there’s an gold mastery. If you don’t do arenas but rather do quest then maybe invest in the gold mastery to slightly increase your gold income. Long way grind but one or a few more golds doesn’t hurt
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I am sitting on 1.5m+ in gold because my crystal luck is so trash I don't bother ranking up anyone πŸ˜‚
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    xNig said:

Congrats on getting out! ;)
    The Arena is part of it. The other part is spending habits. That usually gets overlooked. It takes time to save Gold, but it can be spent very quickly if it's not paced. Simply put, if you're Ranking the highest Champs and Ranks, it will take more Gold. It's simple Economics, really. If you're spending more than or equal to what you're making, you'll run out.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Arena is not the solution, if you complete most difficulties in monthly EQ and progress in story mode, you should get enough gold for most rank ups. That's not the case, getting 100-300 gold per fight while questing is pitiful. Even arena isn't a great source of gold. 1 million battle chips nets you around 1.5 - 2 million gold which is probably a 5* from brand new to rank 5.

I'm not hurting for gold but I feel other people's pain in this area. If you are not at least a moderate arena grinder you will be having gold issues.
    One aspect of the game is not enough for one-stop needs. In order to advance the most, you need to make as much use of all aspects. You're not going to get enough just by doing EQ.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

That's because you're lazy. I've worked my gold down to 74 million recently.

Seriously, everyone is short of something, literally everyone. Either you're short catalysts to rank up champions or you're short ISO to level up champions or you're short gold to upgrade champions or you're short crystals to get new champions. And everyone has a reason why their shortage is special. Gold is special because it is the more "fundamental" bottleneck or whatever. The same case has been made for T4B, for T4CC, for 5* crystal shards. It is the same case, just applied to whatever someone is short of.

The problem is you *literally* cannot address these shortages without creating others. If you add more gold to the game, for every player with more gold than they need this will help not at all, and for every player that is short of gold this will just allow them to use more ISO and catalysts, and then they will run out of one of those. Which will become the new fundamental bottleneck.

If you need two resources, A and B, you either run out of A and get stuck on B, or you run out of B and get stuck on A. It would be a remarkable coincidence if it all came out perfectly even. It is all but impossible for it to come out perfectly even for all of the different players of the game, across all the different rank up currencies we need.

What's more, there's another completely separate problem. You can just as easily add currency sinks as you can currency sources. So if it is fair for players short of gold to ask for gold sources, it should also be fair for players with a lot of gold to ask for gold sinks - things to spend their extra gold on. But then all those things become things the players short of gold cannot ever realistically get. You've basically just recreated the gold shortage in a different context.

More to the point perhaps, the players "short" of gold have lots of other stuff - ISO, cats - they want to spend on champions. Asking for more gold is tantamount to asking for a way to spend those things. That's no different from players with a lot of gold asking for more sources for everything else. If asking for more gold is fair, asking for more cats is fair, asking for more ISO is fair, and asking for more champion shards is fair. And after Kabam satisfies all those requests, the players short of gold today will be once again short of gold, because they will once again have less gold than cats and ISO and champs.

This guys gets the game. Exactly this.