Options

BEAST'S REGEN BROKEN! [Under Investigation]

DR_DR_ Posts: 4
edited August 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Beast's regen is 100% confirmed partially broken. Details as below.

Not regen situation:
- Successfully switch from freestyle to acrobatic by using sp2. Parry or block will not regen, and the green combo won't work.

Regen situation:
- Go into a fight half life, and be acrobatic automatically.

This caused me great trouble when fight in AQ, since Beast is my strongest champ so far, and I use him everyday.

He is my very first 4-star champ, that's why I know him very well, and still using him even though I know he is underrated.

This BUG has been confirmed by all the beast users in my alliance, and myself of course. I indeed feel disappointed and sorry about this.

Prove me wrong guys.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    ScottryanScottryan Posts: 475 ★★★
    I noticed this fighting a boss in war with my r5 beast. Used l2 to switch and my blocks were not causing the numbers to go up so i couldnt heal
  • Options
    I genuinely don't know whether this is fair. This causes so much trouble for us beasts players, cuz I rely on that regen so much.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    It is partially broken , so he regens under certain circumstances.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    In my testing what happens is that if you switch modes while you are in the success phase (after a successful combo and the timer is ticking down) then you cannot build a combo for that mode. If you switch modes outside of the success phase the mode switch will activate properly allowing you to build the combos.
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey OP. I just tried reproducing this, and I haven't experienced it yet. Can you let me know a specific opponent and game mode where you've seen this happen? Thanks!
  • Options
    To clarify a bit, when starting a fight with full health, and then switching to Acrobatic with a special 2, I am regenerating health after blocking an attack and landing a MLLM combo.
  • Options
    I'm going to try @CoatHang3r's suggestion and see what happens.
  • Options
    Sorry for the comment spam! Looks like @CoatHang3r is right. I'm going to take this to the team.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    I can say it happened in realm of legends versus winter soldier, but it does not seem character specific. Try activating a special attack to switch modes while the chain combo is activated. Get to two bars of power and only use the special during the 5 seconds after successfully completing a combo (should also be able to replicate the bug after an unsuccessful/failed combo during the 5 second cooldown).
  • Options
    Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    Yepp
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    I must have created my own discussion on this at the same time. I posted videos of this being broken in case that helps:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/14859/beast-regen-is-broken
  • Options
    Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    I was about to post a vid, but kabam already working on it, so no need to
  • Options
    Any updates on this?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Hopefully we can get some updates soon :)
  • Options
    Any updates?
  • Options
    Any updates?
  • Options
    K13P199K13P199 Posts: 1
    <3<3<3<3
  • Options
    Does anyone know if this was fixed with the recent update?
  • Options
    It was not fixed and seeing as how its not even listed as a "Known Issue" on the sticky thread we shouldn't be surprised.