**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Corvus bugs

Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
@Kabam Zibiit as you have told me to put it in the bugs and known issues category here it is
1.corvus interaction with physical resistance
When he applies an armor break his damage against champions with physical resistance or nodes with physical resistance is greatly reduced whether this is an intended reaction between armor break and physical resistance corvus has true damage so it should not matter anyway
2. Corvus immunity does not always work ( more prominently in map 7) he will sometimes take damage against freezerburn bleed and shock nodes and coldsnap from iceman signature ability
here is a link to another post with evidence https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/144592/corvus-taking-coldsnap-damage#latest

3. Corvus sp1 attack bonus is being considered a buff
when corvus applies an armor break and uses an sp1 he gets 100% of his base attack as a bonus but it does not appear as a buff or is described as a buff yet it still activates buffet

Please acknowledge all of the bugs above

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    1) That’s not quite what is happening and is not exclusive to Corvus; I first observed this in LoL against redhulk while using RR and you can see Brian Grant or Quickshot encounter it in LoL while using Medusa.. When +phys resist is present and the opponent is armor broken it somehow impacts critical damage rating unless the armor break is rather large like GP’s.

2)They have acknowledged in the past, they don’t acknowledge every post about it.

P.s. true damage ignores armor not resistances.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

1) That’s not quite what is happening and is not exclusive to Corvus; I first observed this in LoL against redhulk while using RR and you can see Brian Grant or Quickshot encounter it in LoL while using Medusa.. When +phys resist is present and the opponent is armor broken it somehow impacts critical damage rating unless the armor break is rather large like GP’s.

2)They have acknowledged in the past, they don’t acknowledge every post about it.

If they have acknowledged it how come it’s not on the known bugs and issues thread
    Also about physical resistance it’s not exclusive to him but if anyone with an armor break should be affected it should be him due to true damage

@CoatHang3r here won’t blame you though not many people know about it
    Kobster84 said:

@CoatHang3r here won’t blame you though not many people know about it

Interesting, wonder is resistances have always been part of true damage or were added in at a later point. These are all the OG true damage champs and resistance is not mentioned.

Kobster84 said:

If they have acknowledged it how come it’s not on the known bugs and issues thread
    Also about physical resistance it’s not exclusive to him but if anyone with an armor break should be affected it should be him due to true damage
    If the presence of physical resistance somehow skews critical damage rating when combined with armor break true damage wouldn’t necessarily factor in to the equation.

When they were the only ones with true damage the game didn’t have that many match ups with physical or energy resistance
    Plus it’s a buff, which acts differently than base abilities

Many OG champs have resistances true damage would impact we just do not see them listed, Hulk and DS immediately come to mind.

Kobster84 said:

If the presence of physical resistance somehow skews critical damage rating when combined with armor break true damage wouldn’t necessarily factor in to the equation.
    It’s actually all hits as I tested it with corvus’s first light attack no armor break 600 damage with armor break 200 damage
    This was against a resistor and adaptive node with 12 physical resistance buffs built up

When they were the only ones with true damage the game didn’t have that many match ups with physical or energy resistance
    Plus it’s a buff, which acts differently than base abilities

Many OG champs have resistances true damage would impact we just do not see them listed, Hulk and DS immediately come to mind.

I think it’s just kabam not looking back at old champs as it wouldn’t surprise me if people forgot that the old og champs had true damage
    Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

It’s actually all hits as I tested it with corvus’s first light attack no armor break 600 damage with armor break 200 damage
    This was against a resistor and adaptive node with 12 physical resistance buffs built up
    Huh, Medusa returned different results in the old test I ran with her to evidence the interaction. At the last frame of the vid the numbers are all light attacks hits which were previously ~34 before armor shatter but now ~104 once shattered while the critical damage from her light attacks went down from ~400 to ~200.
    https://youtu.be/5QB-kNOsRG0

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Huh, Medusa returned different results in the old test I ran with her to evidence the interaction. At the last frame of the vid the numbers are all light attacks hits which were previously ~34 before armor shatter but now ~104 once shattered while the critical damage from her light attacks went down from ~400 to ~200.
    https://youtu.be/5QB-kNOsRG0
    Could have to do with it not being as much physical resistance as my example?
  • If you are experiencing an issue, could you please provide the information requested in the forum bug report template. The information requested in the template is a big help for the investigations. Also keep in mind that the more specifics that can be provided the better, so if you can remember specific fights, quests, or modes that it has happened in, specific champions that it has happened against, or specific nodes that were present including that is a big help.

If you are experiencing an issue, could you please provide the information requested in the forum bug report template. The information requested in the template is a big help for the investigations. Also keep in mind that the more specifics that can be provided the better, so if you can remember specific fights, quests, or modes that it has happened in, specific champions that it has happened against, or specific nodes that were present including that is a big help.

Thank you for replying for the corvus sp1 bug counting as buffet you can test it against any buffet node
    For Corvus armor break against physical resistance https://youtu.be/CFTl5jK_f_w here is a video showcasing it
    And as for the immunity bug there is a video in the original post
    Hello? Seriously you ask me to put in the right format which I do and then you ignore it
    Kobster84 said:

Hello? Seriously you ask me to put in the right format which I do and then you ignore it

Did you?

Please include as much information from this template as possible with your report.

Device and Version: (Example, iPhone 7) Be sure to include make and model of the device you are playing on when experiencing the issue.

Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.” You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”

Mobile Carrier: (Example AT&T) If your device uses cellular data, please include information about your data provider.

Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both?

Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store or Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. (Example, 17.1.5)

Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.

Champions Affected: Which Champions are affected by this issue? What is their Rank, Level and which Signature Abilities do they have unlocked?

Active Boosts: Are you using any boosts when you experience this issue?

Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the problem you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. Include how often it happens (once, sometimes or always) and how long you've been experiencing the issue.

Screenshot or Video: If you are able to capture a screenshot or video that helps visually demonstrate the issue you are experiencing, please include it along with your report. More information on how to take a screenshot can be found here.

Kobster84 said:

Did you?

Please include as much information from this template as possible with your report.

Device and Version: (Example, iPhone 7) Be sure to include make and model of the device you are playing on when experiencing the issue.

Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.” You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”

Mobile Carrier: (Example AT&T) If your device uses cellular data, please include information about your data provider.

Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both?

Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store or Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. (Example, 17.1.5)

Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.

Champions Affected: Which Champions are affected by this issue? What is their Rank, Level and which Signature Abilities do they have unlocked?

Active Boosts: Are you using any boosts when you experience this issue?

Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the problem you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. Include how often it happens (once, sometimes or always) and how long you've been experiencing the issue.

Screenshot or Video: If you are able to capture a screenshot or video that helps visually demonstrate the issue you are experiencing, please include it along with your report. More information on how to take a screenshot can be found here.
    I provided videos and descriptions with the champion affected talked about the game mode

I’m using on iPad
    Using WiFi don’t use cellular
    And I’m on iOS 12.01
    And no boosts were used
  • xuckhamxuckham Posts: 5
    Map 7 freezer burn node coldsnap has been bugged since it was released, As long as you are not fully immune to coldsnap you take that damage. I wonder why they haven't fixed it.
  • The team is currently looking into the interaction between Armor Break and Physical Resistance as well as Corvus' immunity to damage from Bleed, Coldsnap, and Shock Debuffs. We've passed on the report about his interaction with the Buffet node. If you happen to remember any specific fights this occurred in, feel free to let us know and we'll pass that information along as well.

The team is currently looking into the interaction between Armor Break and Physical Resistance as well as Corvus' immunity to damage from Bleed, Coldsnap, and Shock Debuffs. We've passed on the report about his interaction with the Buffet node. If you happen to remember any specific fights this occurred in, feel free to let us know and we'll pass that information along as well.

I’ve noticed in some fights it requires 2 armor breaks before the damage reduction so I’m curious if it only occurs when the enemies armor rating is brought below 0
    Also thanks so much for finally replying hopefully the bugs can be resolved
  • iuliy878iuliy878 Posts: 7
    i have same bug issue about corvi in war .. when you hit sp2 that is unblockeble ..the xl champs parry all 3 hits from that sp2. And an oder thing that corvi has to have it is his missions.. no node shold take that, those crudelity has to be pasiv , the fact that one mission is important the oders dosent change much.