**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New aw maps sucks

We all know mcoc is a pay to win game, but the new aw maps are ridiculous. With the bugs and the new nodes, teams in the highest tiers will make less points than lower teams. Except if they use a shitload of potions. Try to keep the game fun for everyone, even for people who don’t pay.

Comments

• HellmutmutHellmutmut Posts: 9
    War was the only fun team game mode. Not anymore.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Why is it no longer fun. What are you having issues with?

We all know mcoc is a pay to win game, but the new aw maps are ridiculous. With the bugs and the new nodes, teams in the highest tiers will make less points than lower teams. Except if they use a shitload of potions. Try to keep the game fun for everyone, even for people who don’t pay.

some of this doesn’t even have to do with the map design. Don’t play war if you don’t want. Have your Allie switch to 2 BG
    Maybe you should clean your roster from all the characters you paid for and talk after.
    Lormif said:

Everyone has issues with the new maps and nodes.

Lormif said:

No, they actually do not, I dont, no one in my tier 4 guild is, Squishy seems to not be. Why are YOU having issues with the new nodes and maps.

some of this doesn’t even have to do with the map design. Don’t play war if you don’t want. Have your Allie switch to 2 BG
    Maybe you should clean your roster from all the characters you paid for and talk after.
    You’re making no sense and just trying to make a point using nonsense
    I could say the same.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

No, they actually do not, I dont, no one in my tier 4 guild is, Squishy seems to not be. Why are YOU having issues with the new nodes and maps.
    I’m not the only one having issues.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

I’m not the only one having issues.
    Then describe, define, those issues. People have issues all the time, most of those issues are a lack of understanding. Your post is non-constructive because you dont define HOW you are having trouble therefore no one can assist you, not even Kabam.
    First concern is you need very specific champs to bypass some node/champ combination.

First concern is you need very specific champs to bypass some node/champ combination.

Which nodes/champions and remember this was something that was in the last war as well.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

That’s one hell of a tier 4 ally if you don’t have a single player finding the new map and node combinations difficult and expensive. Maybe they do but don’t have any issues with that.

I have issues with the new map and nodes because some of the weaker players in my ally generally don’t have rosters deep enough to cover the permutations they are likely to face so it gets really expensive for them or they die early in the map.
    The knock on effect is the burden placed on the stronger players who are having to take the toughest paths, the early section mini bosses, then 2-3 of the final section mini bosses and the boss.

Massive increase in difficulty and expense vs mediocre increase in rewards.

While the OP's comments and post seem a bit out there, I think it's a little weird to say people aren't having issues with the map compared to the past seasons. We're in tier 3 and have been closely monitoring the last season difference with previous seasons - it's quite apparent the difficulty has been ramped up. Previously in our tier we would see maybe 10-12 deaths for our defenders total each war, sometimes there was outliers with the matchups but overall it was pretty consistent for months. Then the changes happened and you would regularly see double digit deaths per defender on either side. Right now in this current war, the opposing team is still stuck at the first mini bosses after the first section.

There were quite a lot of posts about the difference in difficulty on here and reddit, from a variety of groups in the top tiers showing the difference. I know Kabam had said a while back they didn't want a guarantee of groups always finishing the maps, and maybe the win to loss ratio is the same because of this but that doesn't make the increase in difficulty less true.

We went from having 7 wins in a row to finish the season 2 cycles ago, to last season losing the first 6 wars in a row. They did some adjusting to the nodes and difficulty when they saw this, which was nice. But overall, if the suggestion is that it's somehow comparable in difficulty to the seasons before it, I think anyone in a competitive tier could show you actual proof this isn't true. We have friends and communicate with other similar alliances (even those we have faced off against) and they've said the same thing. If this wasn't the case, you wouldn't have seen so many groups switch their priority to Alliance Quest and even recruit on that. There's a ton of posts even on here you can see where people in the higher groups decided to change to guaranteed rewards for AQ and let war fall where it may. I know we stopped using items for war unless it was super close last season, and we continued to do so this season.

Maybe OP can provide some specific examples for nodes he thinks aren't fair or overtuned, I personally hate psychic thorns even though I have a symbiote supreme who can handle it. But I had to rank him up because I didn't have anyone on my normal attack team who could deal with that node, even after it was tuned down. I'm interested to see where groups fall after this season with the new rewards/tier breakdown - we finished in platinum 3 the last three seasons, i'm just sharing our experience and those we faced off against who struggled as well. If we're looking at just the kill ratio for defense, there was absolutely a shift in difficulty.

No one in this thread said that there was "no one having issues with it", it was claimed everyone was having issues with it by the OP, to which the counter was "not everyone". "Not everyone" is not equivalent to no one but to !100%. I can say my alliance went from having on off streaks to winning every single fight in the off season.

"No, they actually do not, I dont, no one in my tier 4 guild is, Squishy seems to not be. Why are YOU having issues with the new nodes and maps."

That sounds a lot like "no one is having issues with it" to me dude. Pretty dismissive of a comment, but i'm not gonna argue semantics with you since you're backtracking now.

And it's honestly really hard to believe that if you were locked into tier 4 on the off season that you "won every single fight" in the off season. Every single fight? No one died fighting the boss? You guys all one shot every single fight for 2 weeks? If groups were tanking their maps I could maybe believe that, or not placing defenders that they normally used in war...look, i've played this game for over 4 years now, I don't think there's ever been a war we didn't have at least one death on our side whether it was the off season or not.

But back to the first part...maybe the OP should have said "a lot of people" instead of "everyone" but it doesn't make it less true. I'm speaking from experience in tier 3 and platinum level for multiple seasons, gold 1 before that since they introduced war seasons in the first place. The difficulty has increased overall. Its a little hard to take you at faith when you're claiming something that I haven't heard from literally anyone in your tier or mine, on any platform where people discuss this.

Back to the OP tho, since I can guarantee we're not gonna agree on a single thing here: @Hellmutmut is there a specific node you're having trouble with? what tier are you guys?

If that "sounds a who lot like" to you then you are not paying attention. He made an absolute statement 100%, I countered that with a relative statement !100%, or 0-99.9999%

Also when I said every single "fight", I was talking about the wars themselves, that should have been clear by me prefacing it with "my alliance went from having on off streaks" but I could have been clearer.

And yes saying "everyone" is less true than "a lot of people", 100% is not the same as 0-99.9%

Also who said the difficulty has not increased? You seem to do a lot of assuming in your post, you should stop that, dont make up arguments from other people, this is known as a strawman fallacy..

As for the OP I have been trying to get him to state his issues from the beginning, but he does not want to.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Thecurler said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

That’s one hell of a tier 4 ally if you don’t have a single player finding the new map and node combinations difficult and expensive. Maybe they do but don’t have any issues with that.

I have issues with the new map and nodes because some of the weaker players in my ally generally don’t have rosters deep enough to cover the permutations they are likely to face so it gets really expensive for them or they die early in the map.
    The knock on effect is the burden placed on the stronger players who are having to take the toughest paths, the early section mini bosses, then 2-3 of the final section mini bosses and the boss.

Massive increase in difficulty and expense vs mediocre increase in rewards.

Stronger players have always had to take the harder paths. I don't like war at all anymore but think the new map is more balanced in difficulty as opposed to the old one. The old map you had maybe 4 players that had really difficult paths and the rest were either incredibly easy or much less difficult at best.

I got tired of running path 5 and having to listen to someone that ran path 1 make a comment if I didn't solo 29. Now I feel the harder fights are far more evenly spread across the map at least.

Lormif said:

"No, they actually do not, I dont, no one in my tier 4 guild is, Squishy seems to not be. Why are YOU having issues with the new nodes and maps."

That sounds a lot like "no one is having issues with it" to me dude. Pretty dismissive of a comment, but i'm not gonna argue semantics with you since you're backtracking now.

And it's honestly really hard to believe that if you were locked into tier 4 on the off season that you "won every single fight" in the off season. Every single fight? No one died fighting the boss? You guys all one shot every single fight for 2 weeks? If groups were tanking their maps I could maybe believe that, or not placing defenders that they normally used in war...look, i've played this game for over 4 years now, I don't think there's ever been a war we didn't have at least one death on our side whether it was the off season or not.

But back to the first part...maybe the OP should have said "a lot of people" instead of "everyone" but it doesn't make it less true. I'm speaking from experience in tier 3 and platinum level for multiple seasons, gold 1 before that since they introduced war seasons in the first place. The difficulty has increased overall. Its a little hard to take you at faith when you're claiming something that I haven't heard from literally anyone in your tier or mine, on any platform where people discuss this.

Back to the OP tho, since I can guarantee we're not gonna agree on a single thing here: @Hellmutmut is there a specific node you're having trouble with? what tier are you guys?

If that "sounds a who lot like" to you then you are not paying attention. He made an absolute statement 100%, I countered that with a relative statement !100%, or 0-99.9999%

Also when I said every single "fight", I was talking about the wars themselves, that should have been clear by me prefacing it with "my alliance went from having on off streaks" but I could have been clearer.

And yes saying "everyone" is less true than "a lot of people", 100% is not the same as 0-99.9%

Also who said the difficulty has not increased? You seem to do a lot of assuming in your post, you should stop that, dont make up arguments from other people, this is known as a strawman fallacy..

As for the OP I have been trying to get him to state his issues from the beginning, but he does not want to.
    I think you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today man. You're picking at the OP's statement yet you don't want to take responsibility for your own words here - specifically your comment when you say no one you know is having any issues with the nodes. Are you now implying that your comment wasn't meant to show that the difficulty hasn't changed? Because that's quite a different statement than you initially made. And sorry, but I still find it a little suspect that you're claiming you won every single war in the off season, when you were locked into the same tier you ended with. Unless the other groups weren't trying or using their normal champs for attack and defense, which we didn't encounter in our tier. If that truly is the case then you guys got really lucky and got some good shards.

Beyond semantics and your use of %'s incessantly, what exactly was your point then? That not everyone is having these issues? Ok, weird flex because I also agreed the OP should have used better words or said "a lot of people," which in my and many others experience is still true. But your replies still seem to be indicating that the difficulty hasn't changed or increased compared to previous seasons before these changes in the last two. Is that what you are sticking with?
    Umm, what is wrong with saying no one I know is having trouble with the new map? Yes I am not just implying, but stating directly that it was not meant to show the difficulty had not changed, it was meant to show that no one I knew was having difficulty with it. My statement has not change, your assumption of what I meant being incorrect is the only issue here.

Does not matter if you find something "hard to believe", it is true none the less.

In your statement you stating 100% instead of !100% (everyone vs alot) is the same (not less correct). They are opposites, and I have issues when people missrepresent what other people state. I would recommend cracking up some basic logic books because saying, I, me, my friend, my guild, what ever is not having issues with the new map does not indicate that the difficulty did not increase, just that it did not increase to the point where we are having issues with it.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

I think you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today man. You're picking at the OP's statement yet you don't want to take responsibility for your own words here - specifically your comment when you say no one you know is having any issues with the nodes. Are you now implying that your comment wasn't meant to show that the difficulty hasn't changed? Because that's quite a different statement than you initially made. And sorry, but I still find it a little suspect that you're claiming you won every single war in the off season, when you were locked into the same tier you ended with. Unless the other groups weren't trying or using their normal champs for attack and defense, which we didn't encounter in our tier. If that truly is the case then you guys got really lucky and got some good shards.

Beyond semantics and your use of %'s incessantly, what exactly was your point then? That not everyone is having these issues? Ok, weird flex because I also agreed the OP should have used better words or said "a lot of people," which in my and many others experience is still true. But your replies still seem to be indicating that the difficulty hasn't changed or increased compared to previous seasons before these changes in the last two. Is that what you are sticking with?
    Umm, what is wrong with saying no one I know is having trouble with the new map? Yes I am not just implying, but stating directly that it was not meant to show the difficulty had not changed, it was meant to show that no one I knew was having difficulty with it. My statement has not change, your assumption of what I meant being incorrect is the only issue here.

Does not matter if you find something "hard to believe", it is true none the less.

In your statement you stating 100% instead of !100% (everyone vs alot) is the same (not less correct). They are opposites, and I have issues when people missrepresent what other people state. I would recommend cracking up some basic logic books because saying, I, me, my friend, my guild, what ever is not having issues with the new map does not indicate that the difficulty did not increase, just that it did not increase to the point where we are having issues with it.
    Where in anything did I state it was 100% of people again? If you recall, I actually said the OP should have used different language. There's really no need to be rude and snide about being logical or cracking books. I did say I have a hard time believing your claim that no one you know (or even your alliance) aren't having issues with it, or that you didn't lose a war during the off season. As another person on this thread said, "That’s one hell of a tier 4 ally if you don’t have a single player finding the new map and node combinations difficult and expensive." Considering the mountains of proof provided by groups in tier 4-3 and above on this forum, reddit, discord and youtube, your personal anecdote is very hard to believe even in the context of the off season - unless every group you faced didn't use their normal teams. And in my tier, neither our group or anyone we faced seemed to do that as they wanted the rewards (especially since the buff happened for individual rewards during the off season).

You seem stuck on trying to prove your point with weird math flexes, yet it's hard to take what you are saying at face value when you claim something I have literally not seen from anyone else in a similar group on any platform for game discussion.

Anyway, since this is going nowhere and you seem to just want to argue, I would still love to hear from @Hellmutmut on what exactly they are getting stuck on, as that would be more productive than this conversation.
    I never stated you claimed 100%... I stated you said 100% was the same as !100%... That is not the same statement... Some advice stop trying to imply things that are not there. Stop trying to assume things that are not said. go off what is said, if what is said is not clear ask.

Also you not seeing something is antecdotal, stop assuming you know everything.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

In related news, no one i know thinks cracking up some basic logic books is an actual thing they'd be interested in doing.

Guys in my alliance seem to die a whole lot quicker and more often in season 10 than in seasons 1-9. Technically I don't "know" them, and only a few have mentioned "new map sucks" but no one had explicitly stated "i am having problems with the new map." So yeah! Despite a precipitous drop in AW participation, season scoring, war rankings and general interest in our mere Intermediate Level 10 map, No One I Know Is Having Difficulty With The New Map.
    Lormif said:

I never stated you claimed 100%... I stated you said 100% was the same as !100%... That is not the same statement... Some advice stop trying to imply things that are not there. Stop trying to assume things that are not said. go off what is said, if what is said is not clear ask.

Again, please show me where I said 100% was the same as !100%. You are very frustrating to me, because you seem to think every statement anyone makes is absolutely literal (as much as Drax!) and nothing should be inferred beyond the words themselves, especially not context. If you didn't mean to infer anything from your statement, but others read it that way (and it wasn't just me on this thread who did so), then clarify or reevaluate what you stated.

There is one person here assuming they know everything, i've seen it from you on thread after thread in this forum, and I think the disagrees would show this as well.

As much as my comment is anecdotal to you, I referred to many others actually showing evidence of their experience in the new war map since the changes took effect last season. So far, you have provided anecdotal experience that your alliance or those you mentioned aren't having issues, and claimed you didn't lose one war during the off season. You still didn't address that part either. Were the groups you faced bringing in easy defenders and throwing those wars? If you were locked into the same tier you were in during the season, and you guys didn't win every war then, what exactly changed when the off season started?

"

Everyone (100%) vs Alot of people(!100%) "it doesn't make it less true", if it is not less true then it is equivalent.

Lormif said:

Again, please show me where I said 100% was the same as !100%. You are very frustrating to me, because you seem to think every statement anyone makes is absolutely literal (as much as Drax!) and nothing should be inferred beyond the words themselves, especially not context. If you didn't mean to infer anything from your statement, but others read it that way (and it wasn't just me on this thread who did so), then clarify or reevaluate what you stated.

There is one person here assuming they know everything, i've seen it from you on thread after thread in this forum, and I think the disagrees would show this as well.

As much as my comment is anecdotal to you, I referred to many others actually showing evidence of their experience in the new war map since the changes took effect last season. So far, you have provided anecdotal experience that your alliance or those you mentioned aren't having issues, and claimed you didn't lose one war during the off season. You still didn't address that part either. Were the groups you faced bringing in easy defenders and throwing those wars? If you were locked into the same tier you were in during the season, and you guys didn't win every war then, what exactly changed when the off season started?

There is inferring, then there reading into things that are not there. You are doing the second. I infered 100% is the same as everyone, because those are the same things. You inferred that because I was not having problems then I am saying the difficulty level had not been adjusted upwards. Those are not the same.

I cannot help how you infer things, that is on you not me unless I did something to cause that inference. In this case I did not.

As for disagrees that is not a measure of accuracy in any way, it is a popularity contest. I have been wrong, and I have admitted the times I have seen I was wrong.

how am I supposed to know if they are throwing their easier defenders? we saw the same types of defenders as last war, less diversity trying to take advantage of new tactics. The off season is not an accurate representation of what the competitive nature of the war season will be, but then again I was not the one who brought it up as one.
    Lormif said:

"

Everyone (100%) vs Alot of people(!100%) "it doesn't make it less true", if it is not less true then it is equivalent.

Lormif said:

There is inferring, then there reading into things that are not there. You are doing the second. I infered 100% is the same as everyone, because those are the same things. You inferred that because I was not having problems then I am saying the difficulty level had not been adjusted upwards. Those are not the same.

I cannot help how you infer things, that is on you not me unless I did something to cause that inference. In this case I did not.

As for disagrees that is not a measure of accuracy in any way, it is a popularity contest. I have been wrong, and I have admitted the times I have seen I was wrong.

how am I supposed to know if they are throwing their easier defenders? we saw the same types of defenders as last war, less diversity trying to take advantage of new tactics. The off season is not an accurate representation of what the competitive nature of the war season will be, but then again I was not the one who brought it up as one.
    "You inferred that because I was not having problems then I am saying the difficulty level had not been adjusted upwards."

So what did you mean? Are you now saying that the difficulty did increase and more people are having issues? You came out before giving examples to show it didn't, as I and others read it. So if that wasn't your purpose what was?

And it's pretty easy to look at the opposing team and see if they have placed weaker defenders and brought weaker attackers than compared to a normal matchup during the season. At least for anyone who has played this game for a good amount of time, you can immediately tell if it's a bunch of rank 3 five star champs or throwaway 6 star champs, you can look at the mini bosses and see how difficult of a defender they are, you can look at the team's profile and see if any of their shown champs are in that war or not...does your team not do that? I mean, there's got to be a logical reason why you guys ended in the tier and season rank you did, got locked into the off season and suddenly won every single war during it, right?

It's pretty disingenuous to say "No, they actually do not, I dont, no one in my tier 4 guild is, Squishy seems to not be" and then turn around and gaslight, saying that you weren't inferring the difficulty wasn't the issue and it was the OP's issue instead that was the problem. Come on man, we weren't all born yesterday. You doublespeak better than most politicians i've seen, I'll give you that. The simple fact that you made those statements and still haven't said whether you think the difficulty has changed compared with past seasons would tell us this much. And now you're gonna say you really had no idea why you guys won a streak of every war during the off season? LOL you were so sure that the OP was at fault here, but suddenly have no knowledge why your situation would end up that way, it's a little hard to believe.

Lormif said:

"

Lormif said:

"You inferred that because I was not having problems then I am saying the difficulty level had not been adjusted upwards."

So what did you mean? Are you now saying that the difficulty did increase and more people are having issues? You came out before giving examples to show it didn't, as I and others read it. So if that wasn't your purpose what was?

And it's pretty easy to look at the opposing team and see if they have placed weaker defenders and brought weaker attackers than compared to a normal matchup during the season. At least for anyone who has played this game for a good amount of time, you can immediately tell if it's a bunch of rank 3 five star champs or throwaway 6 star champs, you can look at the mini bosses and see how difficult of a defender they are, you can look at the team's profile and see if any of their shown champs are in that war or not...does your team not do that? I mean, there's got to be a logical reason why you guys ended in the tier and season rank you did, got locked into the off season and suddenly won every single war during it, right?

It's pretty disingenuous to say "No, they actually do not, I dont, no one in my tier 4 guild is, Squishy seems to not be" and then turn around and gaslight, saying that you weren't inferring the difficulty wasn't the issue and it was the OP's issue instead that was the problem. Come on man, we weren't all born yesterday. You doublespeak better than most politicians i've seen, I'll give you that. The simple fact that you made those statements and still haven't said whether you think the difficulty has changed compared with past seasons would tell us this much. And now you're gonna say you really had no idea why you guys won a streak of every war during the off season? LOL you were so sure that the OP was at fault here, but suddenly have no knowledge why your situation would end up that way, it's a little hard to believe.
    I have said 3 times the they raised the difficulty. When I said I am not having trouble with it I meant I am not having trouble with it. Trouble is relative. Difficulty is relative. I can recognize that the general level of difficulty has risen, but not to a point where *I* am having trouble with it. What is so hard about this?

The champions I fought were not rank 3 5*s, they were rank 4 and 5 r*s and rank 1 and 2 6*s.

As for your disingenuous accusation, my statement was 100% accurate. Again you are infering things that are not there. That is on you, not me. There was nothing disingenuous about it. I cannot control what you read into everything because I cannot be so litteral as to cover every single possibility that you may try to infer. It is impossible. Again, before this post I have stated it multiple times, so please stop stating falsehoods.