**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Stealth spidey web not loading

@Kabam Miike please look into this, there seems to be a bug where stealth spidey won’t load the web you choose before the fight and instead he loads the default flashbang web as shown in the video

Comments

• DecklanceDecklance Posts: 1
    Good Day,

In AW attack, an alliance mate was tackling node 20 with his stealth spiderman. Prior to the fight, he had specifically toggled the pre-fight ability to choose web-foam cartridge.

However, during the actual fight, at the beginning of the fight there was a worded display to indicate 'Flash Bang Loaded'.
    This display was consistent in resulting in his ending combos with a Light attack NOT triggering the slow debuff but the vulnerability debuff instead. Thus subsequently not shutting down and preventing the unstoppable buffs from triggering.

I am unfortunately not able to upload a video here as it shows the process of the pre-fight selection and actual fight as well.
    This issue seems to only occur in alliance war and is not an issue in normal quest fights. I have instead captured screenshots to illustrate the issue.

Would appreciate assistance from Kabam to look into this.

Thank you

• khanage808khanage808 Posts: 8
    Hi, I’ll piggy-back this post as I also have some issues with the webshooters pre-fight mechanic:

1). If you lose connection and have to restart the fight, you do not get a choice and it defaults to flash-bang regardless of previous selection.

2). As this is a new feature, it’s easy to forget to make a selection prior to going into a fight... then get nailed expecting slow debuff to function!

3). No option to choose a different webshooter for an Arena fight or Duel, This severely limits the ability to practice with SSS.

Suggestion - perhaps make the choice mandatory at the point you select Fight, not before. This should overcome all of the issues above. Thanks for a great game.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Hi, I’ll piggy-back this post as I also have some issues with the webshooters pre-fight mechanic:

1). If you lose connection and have to restart the fight, you do not get a choice and it defaults to flash-bang regardless of previous selection.

2). As this is a new feature, it’s easy to forget to make a selection prior to going into a fight... then get nailed expecting slow debuff to function!

3). No option to choose a different webshooter for an Arena fight or Duel, This severely limits the ability to practice with SSS.

Suggestion - perhaps make the choice mandatory at the point you select Fight, not before. This should overcome all of the issues above. Thanks for a great game.

Making the choice mandatory will mean people will have to use it when they dont want to. That will not fix it, it will break it.
  • khanage808khanage808 Posts: 8
    @Lormif At present, if you don’t choose one of the three abilities, it defaults to flash-bang anyway. Making the selection mandatory ensures you always get the choice during arena, duel or after a loss of connection.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I’ve had problems with Human Torch’s pre-fight ability also. I have been closing out of and restarting MCOC before selecting the pre-fight ability and this has worked for the handful of times I have done it. I cannot say this is 100% as I haven’t tested it enough times but maybe other can disprove this through testing until fixed.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi,

We are looking into this issue with Spider-Man Stealth's pre-fight ability.
  • DecklanceDecklance Posts: 1
    hi @Kabam Lyra, could I check if you have come to any conclusions after the investigations into the above issue? Would appreciate some feedback on this, so we can also be aware when Stealth Spidey could be used for AW Attack. Thank you.
  • Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109
    It’s pretty frustrating to heavily invest in getting a champion designed to give us utility to combat the latest round of war/questing meta only to have him broken upon arrival. It’s even more frustrating to find out he’s broken in a war fight that can alter the course of a war. Most frustrating though is that now I have to specifically plan to check the forums on a daily basis to figure out when I can actually use the champion.

A week with no follow up from mods or the development team shouldn’t happen either. Please consider updating us.
  • ZENZEN Posts: 151
    edited August 2019
    I just happened to R4 my Spiderman Stealth suit and he's bugged. i selected web-foam as well and didn't activate when the fight started. Any update on this?
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I loaded the web foam cartridge for a fight but didn’t use stealth suit for the fight. When I went into the next fight and used stealth suit the web foam cartridge was not loaded and went to the default instead. Is this how he’s supposed to work? Seems like a poorly designed mechanic if you decide not to use him for a fight after selecting his prefight ability.
    I understand that the prefight charge doesn’t reset but shouldn’t the web foam still be loaded?
  • can you do this choosing thing to al passive champs, or just this one?
  • RollingxbigshotRollingxbigshot Posts: 106

can you do this choosing thing to al passive champs, or just this one?

So far just human torch and stealth spidey are the only ones I know who has a pre fight ability
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

So far just human torch and stealth spidey are the only ones I know who has a pre fight ability
    guilotine 2099 will have one too, I hope they get this sorted out.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Guilly 2099 and invisible woman have one aswell, I believe this bug has been acknowledged and has happened with ht aswell, just not fixed yet
    I went into an aw fight with stealth suit, selected the pre fight web foam ability, and then looked at the local node on the champion. When I pressed fight, web foam was not loaded but flash bang was. I have video evidence of this bug.

edited October 2019
    I force quit so now I can’t reactivate web foam because I no longer have a charge. Fun and interactive bug filled game

https://youtu.be/OPy9khrcfvs
    I have also noticed that if you select the prefight and leave the fight menu then the pre fight ability for stealth suit that had been selected doesn’t get loaded. Same with if you selected a pre fight ability and didn’t use that champ for the fight but used stealth suit later on in a quest, then it still loads the default pre fight ability
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    He has been broken for ages now, don't remember the mods giving an ETA for a fix..
    edited October 2019
    Hopefully they actually look into it
  • Honestly, it's working fine for me. I used all 3 web cartridges just yesterday experimenting in RoL with my 5* R4 Stealth Spidey. @Rollingxbigshot maybe this is localized to AW? See if it works in Solo Quests because mine does. If it is just AW, that's quite strange. If my Stealth Spidey wasn't locked in AW Defense, I'd try it again now to confirm. I think a couple Alliance mates have him, I'll see if they're having trouble with the Pre-Fight ability. Also, are you using Android or iOS? I use an Android device (Galaxy S9+).
  • We'll drop a line on this! We know it came up back in August but since then we haven't seen much of it happening anymore, however, this is super helpful to the investigation into it!
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Vydious if it helps I’ve been seeing this issue almost exclusively in alliance based game modes, it seems to be working fine in general quests

iOS 12.4
    iPhone 7
    WiFi and cellular (EE)
    Most up to date Mcoc version
  • Chr1sChr1s Posts: 8
    Is there a problem with Spider-Man stealth because I select a mechanic to start the fight and it gives me his default every time
  • Chr1sChr1s Posts: 8
    In alliance war to be specific in any regular quest I haven’t had this issue
    Chr1s said:

In alliance war to be specific in any regular quest I haven’t had this issue

Did it do this? (Check out the video above)
  • Hey there, we have a fix that should resolve this issue in an upcoming update. In the meantime we would recommend that, if you are about to take Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) into a fight and activate his pre-fight ability, you not minimize or put the game into the background until you've entered the pre-fight screen and activated the pre-fight ability. This will help to keep this issue from occurring.