**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Kinda of a serious question here ...

How will 6-star champions be able to recover health exactly?
    After they are hit, they will have some kind of icon that indicates that they are ready to recover HP? Will they get a regen buff? Or instant regen?
    I don't want to think that these will be somekind of unstoppable mid combo or anyting ...

It's none of these! It won't be a buff, but a brand new mechanic. We haven't gotten it down quite yet (I need to make sure the team has everything in stone before I say anything), but it will have to do with hitting the opponent to regain some of the health lost.
  • Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    6* I like that idea. but why in the world would you make it so hard to rank a hero all this time. Every two weeks a new hero is added but it takes forever to rank the ones you already have.

I liked the 3* because I actually maxed them all. 4* I have 20 maxed out of my 86. only 23% of my 4* champs. Kind of crazy. Its cool to release 6* but make ranking up what have a ton easier and make ranking the new 6* a challenge.
  • CORON3LCORON3L Posts: 1
    6 stars??? Really??? How insane, how crazy is that... Think about it, the year is 2030, and everybody wants to find a 20 star Star Lord in the shards cristal... Ridiculous!!!

I think 5 stars is the limit! There is a 6 stars hotel, for instance?

Why dont you change the level that the 5 star champs can rank up, maybe 8 instead of 5... Give extra 5 star shards when a champion reaches the maximum duplication level, anything but this 6 stars champs...
  • Okay understood so will we be seeing 5* or 6* version of our top players like
    1) Star-lord
    2) Thor
    3) Black widow
    4) wolverine
    5) captain America WW-11
    6) DD CLASSIC

OR we are stuck again with 6* magic or 6* Mordo or better yet 6* NC or 6* spidey.

How the future looks for champs like Thor, BW, wolvie and DD??
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I'm psyched for this to happen, can't wait to r5 my 5*s and get my first 6*. I remember when 5* were introduced and getting a 4* to r5 seemed impossible, this is no different.
    I've been playing this game so long, the collector had a tattoo of me on his arm. The new crystals look great, about 80% of my 2* are max sig, about half of my 3*s. This should be a great time for all of us. Really looking forwards to it.
  • ChimpChimp Posts: 15
    When will you increase the amount of T4CC that we can hold before they go in to stash? Up it from 8 to like 12 or 15?
    We need this more than ever with the ability to rank these champs higher up
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Mhykke wrote: »
    When people brought up the idea of 6 star champs, I thought they were just either making a joke or mentioning a really bad idea.

As has been stated, we currently do not have the ability to max 5 stars, and now 6 stars are announced? I understand that T5 basics are being added and we'll be able to max our 5 stars, but from what I understand, 6 stars will be playable in about 5 months. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculously fast. Upgrading your 5 star in the next 5 months and already they'll be obsolete due to the new 6 stars.

So when will 7 stars be added? And 8 stars? And 9 stars?

I've never complained about the game, and have spent a good deal of money on the game because I enjoyed it. But this may be a deal breaker. Extraordinarily bad timing.

Obsolete is a very strong word here. Did 5-Stars make 4-Stars Obsolete? 6-Stars are not going to be easy to obtain, and then will be more difficult to Rank Up. We have lots more planned before 6-Stars ever make it into Player's hands, and that includes making 5-Stars more accessible.

Actually, there are quite a few 5*'s who are obsolete (KK, Colossus, Groot come to mind). And yes--5*'s did make quite a few of the 4*'s obsolete for elite content.

The real problem is that, unless you are a player at the very top of the game or someone who has been blessed by the 5* RNG genie, you sit on 8-9 T2a and a host of crappy 5* rank-up choices. With this announcement, it is a more than rational response for many to just throw in the towel.

Dr. Zola

This is exactly where I am, I have 9 t2a cats and 10 absolutely useless 5* champs that I wouldn't upgrade if you have me another 20 t2a for free
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Knowing this why would anyone waste t5b or t2a now? You know they will be the lower rank needed materials

This is why we're telling you all so far out. This will let you make informed decisions when deciding on which Champions to invest your time and resources into!

i literally ranked to 5* to rank 4 this week. I"m really unhappy with this plan. WILL T2A be MORE accessible?
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    Knowing this why would anyone waste t5b or t2a now? You know they will be the lower rank needed materials

This is why we're telling you all so far out. This will let you make informed decisions when deciding on which Champions to invest your time and resources into!
    You do realize that we CANT save those resources because they will expire!!!
    Increase our stash since we know not to waste resources on our 4*'s anymore. And still unable to use them on most our 5*s
  • Animejay70 wrote: »

i literally ranked to 5* to rank 4 this week. I"m really unhappy with this plan. WILL T2A be MORE accessible?

Absolutely! We're working on some things that you'll start seeing soon. Again, this is quite a ways away, and lots might change in the Contest in that time.
  • JayT1996JayT1996 Posts: 95
    Once 6 stars come out , are maxed 4 stars gonna be pretty much useless ? I understand this is a money grab but damn Daniel .
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Terrible idea. 5* take forever to duplicate so good luck pulling a 6* twice unless you play the game the rest of your life.
  • RbvojtikRbvojtik Posts: 113
    This is a premature release. Usually Kabam lasts longer.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Animejay70 wrote: »

Absolutely! We're working on some things that you'll start seeing soon. Again, this is quite a ways away, and lots might change in the Contest in that time.

Yeah this is something you should have specified on a lot. 5 months is NOT far away.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Most of the champs are not available as 5*'s yet .... please get that in pace with the 4*'s first before introducing 6*'s

By the time that 6-Stars hit the Contest as available for players to use, most of the 5-Star Champions will have been added to the 5-Star Crystal (if not all of them)

I am more concerned with being outmatched by them in content coming this fall as stated in your announcement. It's August, Fall is almost here. How on earth will we get enough resources to r5 a 5* before we start seeing 6*s in quests? Also is Kabam reconsidering their decision to not release select champs as 5* versions now that 6* are on the horizon? Thanks in advance for your response moderators.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Terrible idea. 5* take forever to duplicate so good luck pulling a 6* twice unless you play the game the rest of your life.

For this reason they said we will get 5 star shards more often
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    What about t2 alpha? Easy ti get like t1!?
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★

Lots might change? This is the scariest post I've ever seen lol.....what does that even mean?
  • Draco2199 wrote: »

Lots might change? This is the scariest post I've ever seen lol.....what does that even mean?

Sorry! Didn't meant to scare! I meant things like events that might help with Ranking Up, other ways that make Tier 4 Class and T2A Catalysts more accessible, etc.
  • IronBlaze09IronBlaze09 Posts: 114
    edited August 2017
    This is clearly a huge change to the whole game in the same way that patch 12.0 was. Will you be giving out rank down tickets so that we can experiment with new champs. This will be very useful given that Act 5 will be featuring these 6* champs and these quests may require the wide variety of champions to beat this new content
  • What about t2 alpha? Easy ti get like t1!?

I don't think they'll be as easy to get as Tier 1 Alphas, but we are looking into making them more accessible as well.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »

Sorry! Didn't meant to scare! I meant things like events that might help with Ranking Up, other ways that make Tier 4 Class and T2A Catalysts more accessible, etc.

You guys still haven't mentioned gold, surely there must be SOMETHING going on. 6* will be even more expensive as you say