**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

RNG Fun

2»

Comments

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I guess both side go to extreme, some think RNG is simple probability whilst some think it’s Tom Cruse Minority Report.

Algorithm probably somewhere in the middle, whereas it takes some factors into calculation and let the filtered result into constrained random sampling.
  • RoystorRoystor Posts: 45

Yup.. just don't fall down the 'the game knows and won't give me what I need' rabbit hole

Why not? Is it that hard to believe? Algorithms more complicated than that get worked into programs all the time, and if kabam has proven anything to us, it's that money is a higher priority than integrity and player satisfaction. People seem to forget so quickly; they've gone to some lows to squeeze us in the past.
    The game knows you are opening crystals. How is it supposed to know who you are going to rank?
    Easy, they have reduced the probability of techno.
  • RoystorRoystor Posts: 45
    It's like when you have a mystical waking gem and it comes out of everything but mystical.
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    Look on the bright side. You got the catalyst you needed.😁
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Honestly, if there was such an algorithm, Otriux would have found it at this point😂
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    ~puts on tinfoil hat~ I myself do not believe in their RNG it's rigged
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I have a tech problem myself. Anytime I open frags or whole crystals I am left with tech being at least 50% lower than the rest of the frag pools. I know it’s just bad rng but feels very consistent which is super frustrating.
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    Did you open or spin the crystal,well i always spin if in 2 or 4 crystal my luck doesn't work then i stop open crystal till next day .
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Ridiculous.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★

Ridiculous.

Ridiculous is having to explain a joke...

Ridiculous.

Ridiculous is having to explain a joke...
    In that case, retracted. Hahaha. It's not out of the realm considering. XD
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Is it so hard to think that part of the algorithm says check lowest T4CC supply, then give lower odds for pulling that class? Or give a boost to the odds of giving the classes you have the most of in your inventory? Not so difficult to do that, and does not require anything that Kabam does not already know. Same goes for AGs, etc. Check for what is in your inventory, then give those that you already have... same algorithm could be used in all these cases.
    Madcat said:

Is it so hard to think that part of the algorithm says check lowest T4CC supply, then give lower odds for pulling that class? Or give a boost to the odds of giving the classes you have the most of in your inventory? Not so difficult to do that, and does not require anything that Kabam does not already know. Same goes for AGs, etc. Check for what is in your inventory, then give those that you already have... same algorithm could be used in all these cases.

It doesn't check anything. Whether you Spin or Open them, it's an instantaneous process. Crystal A accesses Pool B on the server, and Outcome C is generated. That's it. There's no analysis of your Inventory along the way. Is it hard to imagine? Anything can be imagined. It's just hard to fit within the confines of what we already know.
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    I need one t4 science catalyst only 1500 frags and it took me two months and 53 crystals but that"s the life of RNG. like you I'm stacked on cosmic.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★

Madcat said:

It doesn't check anything. Whether you Spin or Open them, it's an instantaneous process. Crystal A accesses Pool B on the server, and Outcome C is generated. That's it. There's no analysis of your Inventory along the way. Is it hard to imagine? Anything can be imagined. It's just hard to fit within the confines of what we already know.
    Uh, you obviously know nothing about programming. Very easy to imagine and very easy to do. You can even write this in a simple Excel formula, lol. Might want to check your "facts" before posting in support of Kabam blindly.
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★
    edited August 2019

Madcat said:

No analysis of your inventory? Ever had a pop-up ad urging you to top up? It knows exactly what you have and what you don't.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Sorry to hear you were disappointed and didn't get what you were looking for @Jestress. Drops are just random and sometimes it may work out that way. It's not at all influenced by what you have in your inventory.

The rest of this discussion isn't constructive so it will be closed.
This discussion has been closed.