**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

VTD or venom

Both 5* ready to go r3, VTD awakened, venom is unduped

VTD or venom 122 votes

Venom the Duck
53%
LeNoirFaineantHulk_77CFreebloodyCainSecondSkrillerJadedXillymanphillgreenTerraMityAntSiddhantKwatraCropDusterCliffordcanTwmRAhitlawCassyOnmixOrdalcaTimrosDONZALOOG1234 65 votes
Venom
46%
DrZolaRaganatorCrkwestNanoDroidWayntosjojodeth101Lvernon15SamdroxtaarSixshot1SammyJankisSpiderCoolsDonnymeijTaZ_4178BahamutPeterQuillKerneasJumpthesharkshashankchromezeezee57LordRaymond3 57 votes

Comments

• King__Hyperi0nKing__Hyperi0n Posts: 7
    BOTH ARE WEAK LOSERS YOU NEED HYPERION HYPERION WILL SAVE YOU
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Venom the Duck

Lol. The duck will save him probably more. He has damage output and regen ;)
  • EndarkenedEndarkened Posts: 61

Already have hyperion at r3, but thanks for the insight lol
  • EndarkenedEndarkened Posts: 61
    interesting the votes are so close.

Personally like the ducks damage output but not a fan of ramp up champs, however when those regens and furies stack it's hard to argue.

Venom on the other hand is always ready to go, obviously gets better through the fight don't have to plan which buffs to store.

This is my current 5* roster, any other champs you would prioritise?

• Leon91Leon91 Posts: 58
    Venom the Duck
    I had the same question last month. I went for VTD, no regrets at all, totally a Game Changer, Im still going to Rank 4 Venom asap, but VTD can be ramped up the way you want, if you want regen, dmg or power gain. I defeated Ultron act 5 boss with VTD in my first attempt with VTD sp2.
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    Venom
    Haven't played with VTD much but when venom's ture strike and unblockable sp kicks in its game over.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Venom
    Venom is the better option long term, but if you want a shorter term option for things like act 5 go vtd
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    That's a great dilemma to have. I have Venom at r4, and he is an amazing utility knife for all sorts of quests. I use him in AQ and monthly EQs all the time.

VTD is one of my favorite characters, and I have him as a 6 star. With the right RNG a monster of a champ to play that simply melts any and all defenders. The fact that he is good against bleed immune champs as well made me vote for him.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Venom
    To use a baseball analogy, the recent series of buffs turned Venom into a Hall of Fame closer.

No one demolishes opponents like he does at the end of a fight; his ability to true strike much of the BS auto evade and autoparry is outstanding.

Dr. Zola
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    Those are two very different champions. Here's a quick pitch for both:

VTD:

- Pros:

* Arguably the most versatile champ in the game
    * Great for medium to long fights.
    * You choose your buffs
    * Bleeds turn to degens when opponent is immune

- Cons:

* Minimum of 4 matches to be fully ramped up
    * Subpar damage if you dont choose offensive buffs
    * Only good in short fights after he's ramped up a bit

Venom:

- Pros:

* Hits like an 18 wheeler
    * Great for all fight lengths (very short "ramp up")
    * Bleeds and armor breaks can do some damage
    * Nullifies evades of all Spiderverse champs
    * Arguably the best finisher in the game (He gets True Strike or Accuracy when opp. at 18%. One of those two, cant remember rn)
    * Very annoying defender
    * Easier to play

- Cons:

* Cannot inflict degen or other DoT debuffs
    * Buffs are random
    * Does not ramp up through quests (and has a lower ceiling than VTD)
    * Does not have VTD's regen or powergain
    * Great for longer fights, but not as good as a ramped up VTD

So basically, choose Venom if you want a more basic champ with great versatility and high damage output right off the bat. Choose VTD if you want a more complicated champ but with a higher potential, better versatility, and the ability to choose your playstyle.

I think the two main aspects outside of overall ease of use you want to consider is their ramp up times and versatility. While VTD does take more rounds to ramp up, once he's fully ramped, he's just the better champ: and he stays ramped up. Venom on the other hand needs to be ramped over and over again if you decide you want to maximize his damage by converting his buffs into temporary furies. This directly impacts his versatility as you have to choose between a temporary damage boost and (random) utilities. And in shorter fights, you might not even be able to get the max number of buffs. However, a fully ramped VTD will always have (up to 10 chosen) buffs available and you can even choose not to trigger them via opting to use sp1 and 2 instead. In shorter fights, VTD will eventually have the upper hand since he starts fights WITH those buffs active.

Either way, you cant go wrong. Both are XL champs with tonnes of advantages
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Personally though, I would R3 both. They even synergize with each other
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Venom
    If you want a quester, VtD. If you want a boss killer, venom. Venom does have more damage output, but not as much survivability as VtD. My problem with Duck is that I never can seem to get regen or fury buffs, so he's not worth it.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Venom
    Venom is a harder counter for a lot of champs, like spiders. Especially SG who works over any true strike buff users. He also has the ability to nullify buffs and regen and place armor breaks on opponents which is nice when facing champs like Emma, KM, or Ghost. Plus he has a lot of really good synergies too. VtD is ok, but he doesn’t really have any hard counters. I wouldn’t use him to specifically counter anything in the game.