**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will Champion of the Universe list be updated?

With more champions (and some of them being godly) being released, I really do hope the Champion of the Universe lists gets updated otherwise the Champion is just going to get phased out.

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He’s not on the shortlist of champs to be buffed and isn’t new enough to be in the new balance after 6 months thing so if he ever would get a buff it will be possibly years from now
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,363 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    I asked that question in Champion's spotlight the day he was released:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/631481/#Comment_631481

The mods were conspicuously quiet on the subject...

I also think that The Collector, Thanos, and Champion himself should be there. Although that last one would be based on ego, rather than evidence.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    I don't think it will, and I don't really think it should ...
    Out of the contect, it would be a rework of an ability. People would get mad and demand Rank down tickets
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    Lol, gimme a break. There’s tons of older heroes who need to be revamped instead of buffing The Champion.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I wouldn't nessecarily call it a buff, though. It's more of an update to that one ability of his.

It would make sense to keep the list up to date imo.

It would be a buff.

Lormif said:

I wouldn't nessecarily call it a buff, though. It's more of an update to that one ability of his.

It would be a buff.
    Oh boy... Yes. Probably. Maybe. Technically?

I said "I wouldn't [...] call it" one, not that it wouldn't be one. Semantics are fun, but we already danced that dance.

Say something unnesscary somewhere else.
    When you say "wouldnt call it X", that statement means you dont consider it to be X. Also it was necessary, because you claim was directed at someone stating he is not in lined to be buffed, it is in line with the conversation.
  • RulllorRulllor Posts: 155

I asked that question in Champion's spotlight the day he was released:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/631481/#Comment_631481

The mods were conspicuously quiet on the subject...

I also think that The Collector, Thanos, and Champion himself should be there. Although that last one would be based on ego, rather than evidence.

Oh mans, this not looking good for champion.

I wish I never r5 him now. What waste
  • RulllorRulllor Posts: 155

He should always be scouting for new competition. That’s how a champion stays the Champion. Magneto gets to fight new metal opponents all the time... Just sayin.

Agrees but I think update ever champ is too much maintenance work for kabams

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

It would be a buff.

I said "I wouldn't [...] call it" one, not that it wouldn't be one. Semantics are fun, but we already danced that dance.

When you say "wouldnt call it X", that statement means you dont consider it to be X. Also it was necessary, because you claim was directed at someone stating he is not in lined to be buffed, it is in line with the conversation.
    Phew... Okay...

Look, this ability is more of a reference to his character turned in game ability.

Increasing the advantage he gets from facing one of the opponents on the list would absolutely be a buff in my eyes.

Keeping the list of champions he considers the strongest combatants of the contest updated in regards to the ever evolving roster of champions in said contest would not be a buff in my eyes.

You can disagree with that. And I'm okay with that.

If you're interested in an exchange, then ask me why I think that. Ask me to explain my point.

That's how conversations work.
    All I did was countered your "I would not consider it a buff" statement. But now that you want to be like this, conversations work in multiple ways, not just me asking you to explain your point. IF your point has no logic to it (not saying that about yours here) then there is no reason for me to ask... In those cases a simple counter is sufficient and it is your job to explain why.

That being said, the game does not go off seatins tier list, just their own, and they roughly consider champs pretty similar, a least that is what they said, with some exception (the current list.)
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    this wouldn't be buffing the Champion, this would be changing tags

and tbh we need more champions classified as the "The Contest's Greatest Fighters" because we get a lot of good champions now and if more champions don't get the tag, then The Champion and possible future characters with this mechanic will be affected
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Stance said:

The list can be considered as kabam's god tier list :)

Cyclops: Allow me to introduce overselves
  • Jerk311Jerk311 Posts: 55
    That's the list that was voted on for the $1 crystal awhile back. We picked/voted for the top champs from each class and they narrowed it down to 2/class.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    Ghost, namor, cull, captain marvel movie and domino should be added to the list
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    That’d be cool, but up to Kabam I guess. Hard to think of a way to do that without directly changing the champion though. Plus they’d have to admit that some champs are better than others, which was already a surprise when they did that with the Champion.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

It would be a buff.

Phew... Okay...

Look, this ability is more of a reference to his character turned in game ability.

Increasing the advantage he gets from facing one of the opponents on the list would absolutely be a buff in my eyes.

Keeping the list of champions he considers the strongest combatants of the contest updated in regards to the ever evolving roster of champions in said contest would not be a buff in my eyes.

You can disagree with that. And I'm okay with that.

If you're interested in an exchange, then ask me why I think that. Ask me to explain my point.

That's how conversations work.
    All I did was countered your "I would not consider it a buff" statement. But now that you want to be like this, conversations work in multiple ways, not just me asking you to explain your point. IF your point has no logic to it (not saying that about yours here) then there is no reason for me to ask... In those cases a simple counter is sufficient and it is your job to explain why.

That being said, the game does not go off seatins tier list, just their own, and they roughly consider champs pretty similar, a least that is what they said, with some exception (the current list.)
    Are you only on the forums to start unnecessary arguments
  • CriffordCrifford Posts: 17
    Thank you for all the responses! I was just hoping Kabam can give a definite answer (Y/N) or perhaps like we will look into it.