**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please please please fix the AI hitting specials or dexing mid combo on block

2»

Comments

• Lormif said:

_GRINDER_ said:

@Lormif where have they acknowledged this as an issue ? All they've stated is that AI can do that.. now if I have missed something then I would definitely want to see that .

Also I neve backoff after the 2nd hit .. after 1st hit itself the defender is able to launch his hits/specials

They stated that you can do it as well and that they are looking into it in the very same thread. Keep looking, it is easy.

And you dont havent leaned to back off when there is a chance of bad things can happen then that says a lot about you.
    Please stop defending our overlords. This guy is making great points. Letting them touch the back of your throat isn't going to get you special crystals in your vault.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Adapt, it is easy to avoid the behavior, dont grind out 4 hit combos into their blocks, limit it to one or 2, or hit slowly enough you can back out if they launch a special or heavy.

If you tell people to "adapt," your own words, then you are defending Kabam. You're saying its not a bug, oversight, or unexpected change, and we all need to deal with it.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    I knew I wasn't imagining things!
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    This is actually the biggest reason I am not gonna rank 5 my sentinel since he relies on hitting into block(hes unawakened)
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Game mechanics are completely screwed right now, sentinel in variant 2 has such a gap between m and first light hit the ai can do anything, they can Dex evade or special or just combo you back, after I launch and l3 I'm getting combod before I can block, and I'm having. Defenders 3 hit combo me while I hold block then go straight into another combo, or 3 hit combo to l1 while I hold block, the hit stun and block stun length are messed up
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Jestress said:

This is actually the biggest reason I am not gonna rank 5 my sentinel since he relies on hitting into block(hes unawakened)

He still works most of the time, but I find that this happens usually when you have the opponent pinned to the wall.
    Ya it def still works but I had to revive maybe 5 times during exploration of variant 3 so that inconsistency is gonna always be a hindrance until I get a tech awakening gem
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Jestress said:

fact: AI was never able to dex or fire special while hitting into their block.
    fact: after Act 6 was released, AI was able to dex or fire specials while hitting into their block.
    fact: kabam never mentioned this in patch notes, and never mentioned it as a “fix” of any kind.

But but but but they don't make any changes to ai behavior without telling us, don't you remember?

/s
  • This is actually the biggest reason I am not gonna rank 5 my sentinel since he relies on hitting into block(hes unawakened)

Feel your pain. Cost me a ton of energy refills in Variant 3. once he’s awakened it’s not too big a deal - still not nice ofc - but he’s my next R5, currently my favourite champion. Korg has to get his R5 first - one for the team 😂
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Are people having this issue with all devices? I've yet to have the AI throw a special while I'm hitting their block. Not saying it doesn't happen, just odd that I haven't seen it.
  • Hey guys, as we mentioned HERE, we're continuing to investigate this reported issue.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to contribute to that discussion by sharing details of which Champion you were using and which one you were fighting against when you noticed this happening.

As soon as we're able to provide an update on our investigation, we'll be sure to let everyone know in that discussion. To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this one.
This discussion has been closed.