**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is cap IW top 5 in mcoc?

Comments

• TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Batman05 said:

I use blade and stark spider for everything. Stark clears out fight so easy. I don’t know how you think he’s flimsy. And blade is still awesome.

Hes only flimsy if you parry or block attacks, I use sparky for a lot of stuff and I dont take that much dmg at all.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I've had cap at r5 for quite awhile now.. He's certainly one of my favourite champs (alongside AA and GR) and I would say if he's not top 5, he's definitely top 10. At max sig I would say you could argue he's in the top 5. Incredible utility with a reasonable damage output to boot. At the end of the day tho peoples idea of the top 5/10/15 will likely change as their roster does, and they acquire new champs.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    My AWA squad
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    cap at max sig is a utility beast, top 5 for mine no doubt! Easy to play also and can be placed on nearly any team with no need for synergies, only real bit of content he’s not great for is LOL
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    My alliance uses multiple Beardo's. He's my personal favorite champ, though for me he's just outside of the top five. My list:
    1. Ghost (insane damage, counters evade, immune to everything without having to have a skill champ, can get openings whenever she wants, can phase many annoying specials and can phase SP3s, has very few situations that she can't cut through)
    2. Quake (Doesn't have to touch the opponent, thus negating the majority of problems)
    3. Omega Red (double immunities, insane regen, massive DoT that only Ghulk is immune to, no damage back)
    4. Corvus Glaive (guaranteed damage, most fights are over before any problems can arise, immune to death, true strike w/ Proxima)
    5. Hyperion (insane damage, power gain, lots of debuffs with SP1 to reduce healing, can get specials without actually hitting the opponent, poison immune, regen)
    6. Beardo (he would be higher if he wasn't so reliant on blocking/parrying and using heavies, which you can't due in some situations. Other than that, and damage back, and evade, you give him the right team and he can handle basically everything)
    7. Thing (in Endgame content with massively powered-up opponents, he's got protection half the time, a huge amount of damage, counters Unstoppable somewhat, and you can play extremely sloppy and you'll still kill the opponent before they kill you)
    8. Captain Marvel Movie (insane burst, indestructible for the duration of most fights once you get her going)
    9. Nick Fury (if it bleeds, it's dead. Can't evade, can't autoblock, can't block. Fastest kill on LOL Rhulk)
    10. Namor (crazy damage, takes no damage while attacking which means he can handle a ridiculous amount of Fun and Interactive damage)
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    JohnHS said:

My alliance uses multiple Beardo's. He's my personal favorite champ, though for me he's just outside of the top five. My list:

1. Ghost (insane damage, counters evade, immune to everything without having to have a skill champ, can get openings whenever she wants, can phase many annoying specials and can phase SP3s, has very few situations that she can't cut through)
    2. Quake (Doesn't have to touch the opponent, thus negating the majority of problems)
    3. Omega Red (double immunities, insane regen, massive DoT that only Ghulk is immune to, no damage back)
    4. Corvus Glaive (guaranteed damage, most fights are over before any problems can arise, immune to death, true strike w/ Proxima)
    5. Hyperion (insane damage, power gain, lots of debuffs with SP1 to reduce healing, can get specials without actually hitting the opponent, poison immune, regen)
    6. Beardo (he would be higher if he wasn't so reliant on blocking/parrying and using heavies, which you can't due in some situations. Other than that, and damage back, and evade, you give him the right team and he can handle basically everything)
    7. Thing (in Endgame content with massively powered-up opponents, he's got protection half the time, a huge amount of damage, counters Unstoppable somewhat, and you can play extremely sloppy and you'll still kill the opponent before they kill you)
    8. Captain Marvel Movie (insane burst, indestructible for the duration of most fights once you get her going)
    9. Nick Fury (if it bleeds, it's dead. Can't evade, can't autoblock, can't block. Fastest kill on LOL Rhulk)
    10. Namor (crazy damage, takes no damage while attacking which means he can handle a ridiculous amount of Fun and Interactive damage)
    Domino pretty stiff there mate
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    CapIW is an absolute beast. I'm at t2 for AW, take path 4 then 9 in sect2. Between him and Fury I rarely need anyone else, the 3rd is usually just for whichever CapIW synergy will be more useful. If you are a fan of parrying, or just want that safety net you can not go past him. Sig wise, under 80 still useful, under 120 regular but RNG won't be on your side when you need it, over 150 and it feels like they always activate.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★

JohnHS said:

Domino pretty stiff there mate
    She's one of my top champs. I just couldn't fit her on that list. She's 11th I think.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I have a 6/2 CAIW and a 6/2 Corvus both unawakened. Both top 5 champs, cap gets the edge because he's more versatile, yes even unduped. Dude basically cleared all of micro variant for me on heavy attacks alone.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Inasmuch as there are always about 10 in the top 5 of everything I would say yes.
  • DalBot said:

So many people here rate champs by "OOOH, HIT HARD.... DROOL!!! 🤤🤤🤤"

If you want a champ that does everything and does it well, CapIW is your guy. EASILY a top 5 champ overall. Doesn't need synergies to shine, makes his teammates better so you can build to others strengths, best block proficiency in the game, nullify unstoppable champs PLUS glancing ability. All of that Unduped! Plus his SP2 with 4-6 charges is absurd. Duping him is nice but anyone who says he NEEDS high sig is lazy. He's amazing at low sig and maybe the most versatile champ there is at high sig.

Don't listen to the cadre of "Ghost/Corvus or bust" clowns. CapIW is a Swiss army knife and all around badass

This right here. I don't need to add a single thing. You covered it all @DalBot . I chose to R5/65 CAIW over Blade, SES, Magik, and Ghost for a reason, he's a 1 man wrecking ball. The Swiss Army Knife reference is spot on (I've been calling him that for ages myself, lol). 0 regrets on that call.

Ghost still does wicked damage at R4 when loaded up full synergy. Blade was a game changer when I got him ages ago, but CAIW became my new favorite. Ghost WAS next up for R5, but I recently acquired Domino and have the synergy team. So now it's a toss up between those 2 for my next R5/65.

Honestly, the whole concept of Top Champs in the game is subjective and ultimately based on personal preference. Sure there's universally known great champs. However, every champ has their Achilles Heel matches. There's literal direct counters to many of the would be 'God Tier' champs. So as always, no replacement for a well rounded roster. However, if you have CAIW, he can cover a lot while you're building to that, lol. To each their own when comes to stating who's the best for what.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    It’s hard to sort champs this way with how diverse the nodes and challenges are.

For me yes when you weigh overall utility and shear damage output. He isn’t the highest damage dealer there is but is up there. Shrugs off all debuffs, nullifying unstoppable/heal reversal/armor break.

Has some useful synergies as well but those rarely get talked because of all the other added utility.

But ya when you weigh utility to damage and overall time to kill I think he makes it From my perspective.
  • RonD9RonD9 Posts: 232
    I have both Cap IW & Omega Red at 5/65 and max sig. Also have Hyperion at 5/65 sig 40. With that said, if you gave me every champ at max sig as an option to make them rank 5, Cap IW is still my first choice because of his versatility. He doesn’t to any one thing the best (except for certain matchups), but he does it all at a high level. Was my first 5/65 and hypothetically with all the options available, he would still be my first choice. I understand arguments for Quake and Ghost... and also have them as 5 stars as well, but I would still choose Cap IW (for me personally). Side note: Been playing OR a ton and he is ridiculous with double edge suicides! Also use Cap when running suicides on same team and it hardly dents his health. Best first 5/65 (awakened) IMO.
    0din said:

The problem with CAIW is that he is a Swiss Army knife. Good at a lot of stuff but not the best at it. I want the best. Haha

Sounds like you're lazy and just want a "PUSH BUTTON SMASH" champ instead of one who requires some actual skill and nuance.

Take any of your other favs against the Champion 6.2.6 and tell us how it goes. Damn near every other champ there are nodes to make them average at best. Cap has an answer for damn near anything you throw at him. Plus he makes every champ you use with him that much better.
    _ASDF_ said:

If you feel burdened bringing synergies then you need to practice with her. Wasp is useful and Antman can be too. But really ghost destroys everything and can end a fight just as easily as cap with 100% health. She’s not even on the same planet as Cap. He’s a mere mortal.

So what's Ghost good for in fights with safeguard or rage or other low damage caps? She's got a lot of tools but too many fights that can nullify her.

Cap not so much
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    0din said:

I must say Integral is right. No one uses him on war attack

I must say he’s not lol a lot of people use him on war attack. He has the best heal reverse, block proficiency and one of the hardest hitting sp2 in the game.
    Do these 2 fights faster and more efficiently than cap with any of your top tier r5s and post it here? Let’s see if they any of are “the best” at it lol

Variant aggression regen
    https://youtu.be/M1up-Auys5k

6.2.1 mutant path
    https://youtu.be/omfxVityLog
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    There are people with “every worthwhile champ” at r5 that are complete scrubs. So to say you have champs ranked up doesn’t mean anything. You end up sounding like you have no idea what you’re talking about. Anyways if you’re arguing that cap isn’t useful or no one uses him in aw aq or to clear content I highly doubt you are playing at a high level where people actually use him and have any content cleared past act 4-5.