is it fair to punish players?

ytzbq3l3ig3u.png

1st off let me say that I am glad that KABAM was able to fix this exploit and I feel it is fair that they take back any unearned rewards but is it fair to punish players who took advantage of KABAM's bad code? They did not use a mod - they only played the game as it was presented to them (and before you ask, no I did not get these rewards having already completed the heroic and master levels 100%). This seems very heavy handed and unfair to me. To force these player to lose the gold and/or items used in conjunction with these rewards plus face a potential ban because KABAM failed to properly test their upgrades seems like a Schoolyard Bullies move to me. Am I wrong to feel this way?
«1

Comments

  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    NO
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I think this qualifies under their game, their rules. Fairness doesn't really apply
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Any smart player who may have done this would have sat on the resources to see what happened, cause obviously something was going to or at least there'd be an announcement. Choosing to rank up champs gotten from this was a dumb decision in my mind. Judging from the announcement, they're lucky they weren't banned for it.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Ya it's totally fair. It's just like my bank analogy....if you have an extra 10k in your account that was a "bank mistake", it's not yours and you can't use it. No difference here
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    danielmath wrote: »
    Ya it's totally fair. It's just like my bank analogy....if you have an extra 10k in your account that was a "bank mistake", it's not yours and you can't use it. No difference here

    Except who are you ACTUALLY stealing from? This in no way would take from someone else
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Ya it's totally fair. It's just like my bank analogy....if you have an extra 10k in your account that was a "bank mistake", it's not yours and you can't use it. No difference here

    Except who are you ACTUALLY stealing from? This in no way would take from someone else

    That's absurd. If you are able to rank up a bunch of champs without earning them, it hurts the honest players in stuff like AQ and AW.
  • BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    edited August 2017
    danielmath wrote: »
    Ya it's totally fair. It's just like my bank analogy....if you have an extra 10k in your account that was a "bank mistake", it's not yours and you can't use it. No difference here

    I agree that they should be able to take the rewards back or with your very bad analogy, they should not be able to take their 10k back along with another 5k that was in your account and then close your account and kick you out of the bank because they accidentally put the 10k into your account in the first place!
  • GargameshGargamesh Posts: 66
    Am I the only one here not knowing what happened? What exactly did the glitch do?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    BCdiscman wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Ya it's totally fair. It's just like my bank analogy....if you have an extra 10k in your account that was a "bank mistake", it's not yours and you can't use it. No difference here

    I agree that they should be able to take the rewards back or with your very bad analogy, they should not be able to take their 10k back along with another 5k that was in your account and then close your account and kick you out of the bank because they accidentally put the 10k into your account in the first place!

    If you spent that 10k you can get into a lot more trouble then just the 10k getting taken back
  • Dirtybird49_Dirtybird49_ Posts: 2
    so when are you going to fix the lag and game disruption i have spent at min 1,000 units this aq cylce because of it fix that
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    so when are you going to fix the lag and game disruption i have spent at min 1,000 units this aq cylce because of it fix that

    If you're spending that many units you should play a lower map
  • They fixed this bug very fast, but other bugs like vision (age of ultron) and classic vision specials dealing no damage or powerdrain are not important for kabam.
    This makes me think that it is better to leave the game after playing it for more than 2 years, let kabam do what they want with this shity game
  • JabbawokkyJabbawokky Posts: 139
    Whether its in the game or the forum you have to worry about other players policing moreso than the moderators. To avoid it altogether if you know its not right or could put you in a situation later, don't do it.
  • GrubGrub Posts: 211 ★★
    Guys from the screenshots I have seen it's not that a guy got the rewards 2 or 3 times more than they should have. People farmed up to 50k 5* shards, 250 5* sig stones, 50 t4b etc. they maliciously abused the system. Do I think those thstvran it a couple extra times have to worry about Being banned.....No I think not. Those that abused it like mentioned above might need to do some major worrying the next few days.
  • How about players farming 4*s chests from Web-slinger special quest? Those contained close to 70* shards, another full run on it would have earned yourself about 120+ 4* shards ( Could be more). Using a few more refills, boom, you form a 4* crystal.

    So is that constituted as an unintended glitch, and in the eyes of the Game Team, an exploit? Would love the mods to clarify on this as I think there's a little grey area where 'farming rewards' might be mistaken for exploit in this particular situation
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    danielmath wrote: »
    BCdiscman wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Ya it's totally fair. It's just like my bank analogy....if you have an extra 10k in your account that was a "bank mistake", it's not yours and you can't use it. No difference here

    I agree that they should be able to take the rewards back or with your very bad analogy, they should not be able to take their 10k back along with another 5k that was in your account and then close your account and kick you out of the bank because they accidentally put the 10k into your account in the first place!

    If you spent that 10k you can get into a lot more trouble then just the 10k getting taken back

    THIS ISNT EVEN A BANK

    And EVERYONE HAD THE EXTRA 10k SO WHERE ARE THEY GETTING THAT MINEY TO CARELESSLY GOVE AWAY?!
  • SHIELDSHIELD Posts: 90
    edited August 2017
    So Kabam can exploit the auto evade bug for a year and cost the player base in all likelihood hundreds of thousands of dollars, but a few hundred people get some extra 5* champs and they threaten bans? I get that this was an exploit and against TOS technically, but sitting on countless bugs that cost players money is just as bad. If Kabam were a player held to their same TOS they'd be in violation constantly.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    BCdiscman wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Ya it's totally fair. It's just like my bank analogy....if you have an extra 10k in your account that was a "bank mistake", it's not yours and you can't use it. No difference here

    I agree that they should be able to take the rewards back or with your very bad analogy, they should not be able to take their 10k back along with another 5k that was in your account and then close your account and kick you out of the bank because they accidentally put the 10k into your account in the first place!

    If you spent that 10k you can get into a lot more trouble then just the 10k getting taken back

    THIS ISNT EVEN A BANK

    And EVERYONE HAD THE EXTRA 10k SO WHERE ARE THEY GETTING THAT MINEY TO CARELESSLY GOVE AWAY?!

    Can you proof read before you click post comment please
  • Kabam Mike please take a minute to remember that the error was not on the summoners part but on kabams. Not that getting extra rewards is fair, and those people should lose their excess rewards, I agree, but strong arming your fan base is unnecessary. The fact of the matter is you did not explain any of this in an email, facebook post, tweet or other manner. It was simply said that you were working on getting the game back up. We the customers just lost out on potions, time in game, rewards and other prizes because of the many times the game was shut down abruptly. Many people in my alliance were shut down mid fight in aq and lost half their health, while the only compensation they received was a 30 min timer for todays aq. Kabam used to consider their fan base a lot more important than they do now and would compensate when an error on their part caused their customers to lose out. Now we get told that no compensation will be given and threatened with bans if it so happens someone benefitted from Kabams mistake.
  • DecksieDecksie Posts: 31
    I completely agree with the bank analogy. You weren't entitled to the rewards so they should be removed.

    However I disagree with the ban. You can't ban someone because of your own incompetence.
  • GrubGrub Posts: 211 ★★
    If an automated teller is broken and give you some extra cash and you realize it after or the bank contacts you saying we're taking back the money... no harm no foul.
    You abuse the **** out of the broken ATM and steal hundreds of thousands the bank ain't just going to take the money back, you going to jail.

    The permanent bans are for those who abused this glitch in scenario #2. Regardless of how the glitch came about your intent was clear.
  • JamezBongJamezBong Posts: 96
    If someone casually using energy refill (2or3 maybe) to finish the quest (with or without knowing the bug exist) what would happen to him ?

    And no.its not me, im finishing weeks ago
  • BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    The bank analogy is a horrible and misleading one. It is much more like a soda machine that you put your money in (or energy to run those lines). It was supposed to spit out a single Pepsi but instead gave 5. Now you want to come back at those players and take back the extra sodas (that is fair) but you shouldn't be allowed to also take all the sodas that they paid for (or the iso and gold that they also spend ranking up champs) or ban them from ever buying soda again all because your machine was broken!!!!
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    If you didn't know the bug existed, you likely didn't use the extra rewards. So I'd assume they just take them and that's that.
  • JamezBongJamezBong Posts: 96
    Guess kabam so biased ...
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    BCdiscman wrote: »
    The bank analogy is a horrible and misleading one. It is much more like a soda machine that you put your money in (or energy to run those lines). It was supposed to spit out a single Pepsi but instead gave 5. Now you want to come back at those players and take back the extra sodas (that is fair) but you shouldn't be allowed to also take all the sodas that they paid for (or the iso and gold that they also spend ranking up champs) or ban them from ever buying soda again all because your machine was broken!!!!

    I don't think any perma bans will be handed out, but it would only be for the people that kept going back to the soda machine until the thing was totally empty. Abusing the glitch instead of just noticing it.
  • GooptarGooptar Posts: 2
    Kabam once again made a mistake but for once it has been in our favor . I received nothing just like the support I have asked for multiple times nothing. Just like fixes for my $900 dollar LG V20 phone nothing but yet you would like to punished those to were playing the game at the time you made a mistake SHAME ON YOU !! This game has been a money grab for a long time and it is a shame that you don't just reward everyone for YOUR mistake instead of punishing those for again YOUR mistake. I understand my complaint just like my help emails will fall on deaf ears but if you really cared you would first of all respond to help tickets whether you feel they are warranted or not and you would say kudos to those who were rewarded for your mistake and throw the rest of us a bone.....
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    danielmath wrote: »
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    BCdiscman wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Ya it's totally fair. It's just like my bank analogy....if you have an extra 10k in your account that was a "bank mistake", it's not yours and you can't use it. No difference here

    I agree that they should be able to take the rewards back or with your very bad analogy, they should not be able to take their 10k back along with another 5k that was in your account and then close your account and kick you out of the bank because they accidentally put the 10k into your account in the first place!

    If you spent that 10k you can get into a lot more trouble then just the 10k getting taken back

    THIS ISNT EVEN A BANK

    And EVERYONE HAD THE EXTRA 10k SO WHERE ARE THEY GETTING THAT MINEY TO CARELESSLY GOVE AWAY?!

    Can you proof read before you click post comment please

    THIS ISN'T EVEN A BANK

    EVERYONE HAD THE EXTRA 10k SO WHERE ARE THEY GETTING THAT MONEY TO CARELESSLY GIVE AWAY?!

    BETTER?
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    All Kabam wants to do is punish and cost players money.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    If you're worried you'll get banned, i doubt you will unless you were just running it over and over. Nobody is getting banned for running a few paths. Now if you were running a path 20 times....you might need to worry.
This discussion has been closed.