**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sounds like ranking down is possible (not an rtd post tho)

I've been told many times by support and a supervisor that ranking down champions is something that "cannot be done". Not that they just won't, but that they don't have the ability.

The statement from Miike about the exploit and extra rewards makes it sound like that capability is one they definitely have.

In my case, I made an honest (and stupid) mistake. I distractedly selected a 4* to rank instead of the 5* version of the champ. They were side by side on the screen and... Dumb stuff happens. I "froze" my account once I noticed, not changing anything else or running any quests/arenas. I contacted kabam and waited, patiently. As days went by, I worked thru the form responses and continued to explain my situation and request elevated support. Anyway, lots of emails and about a week of just logging in to receive daily rewards/crystals later... I was met with a brick wall of "it's not a capability we have".

I offered to sell the 4* and forfeit the resources gained from the sell to prove I wasn't trying to game the system. Offered to buy an rtd if that was the only way it'd work. Offered anything I could think of to make it work. No go. "not a capability we have".

Idc how you feel about all this. It sucked. It was my fault.. It was dumb... but it could have been an easy fix.. And it's what a helpful, appreciative company would do

So why is it so easy to reverse upgrades for all the players (hundreds? thousands?) that used exploit resources to rank/level while I'm told it's impossible?

Comments

• MrWigglesMrWiggles Posts: 54
    I thought the same exact thing man
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    There is a difference between what Support can do and what the Dev Team can do.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    I think someone in the old forum said they got it reversed. That was before the "Aquisition" though.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Support can unrank champs. They did it in the past, but only when another exploit like this one happened.
    They can't unrank champions if nothing wrong happened
  • Dev team, game team, support team... I asked about the abilities of all. Also asked to have my ticket escalated to whichever group could have handled the request. I froze my progress for a week to ensure other changes wouldn't occur on my account. I assured them I would wait patiently and work with them in any way I could to facilitate the rectify the issue.

Also requested a roll back of my account to a time before the ranking occurred. They've been able to do roll backs in the past. I've seen the before and afters of alli-mate's rosters.

There was zero reason NOT to help me out. And either way, I was given false information about the issue and the capabilities of kabam teams. There's obviously no issue of "can't unrank" a champ.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Sorry to hear about your luck but kabam support is horrible. Sometimes I wonder if it isn't purposely so. I've never gotten any resolution from them. Between all of the bugs and awful support I'll probably step down a tier in alliances. I'm tired of paying for missed parrys among other things. I'll miss the rewards but not paying for broken mechanics.
    I can't comment on Support or their decisions. I know that with most Customer Service, it is sometimes circumstance-based, and sometimes discretionary. Meaning, they have a protocol to follow at certain times, but you may encounter people who go out of their way to help you. I don't know the circumstances of your request, or who handled what. What I do know is that there are responses that they are typically trained to give, and occasionally people go out of their way to help. Quite plainly, they can't Derank every Champ people request. What I do know from comments is that Tickets are not available to Support because there were a limited number available. If that was the response you were given, that would make sense. Obviously those who develop the game have the ability because they designed it, and can under extenuating circumstances.
  • Oswaldo72383Oswaldo72383 Posts: 249
    Got it! Reverse bug, give everyone their items back, and throw in some unrank gems as to make amends for the biggest screw up in the games history.
  • No, there was no discussion of a limited number of tickets being available. I deal with many different support companies in my day to day. I definitely understand the capabilities and tied hands at lower levels and also the work/patience it takes to be understood in order to go up the chain to find the right person.

I was told several times how bad they feel for me... How much they wanted to help. That's when the march up the ladder kicked in. Until the doors were closed and I was told false information and shooed away.

It was a huge missed opportunity to show they care for customers and are willing to work with them to give them a good overall experience with their product.
  • It'd be cool to hear from @Kabam Miike on this one. It's my one big mistake and I think I did everything right on my part afterwards to try to get it rectified. The recent news highlighting their capability to do this is enlightening but am still very disappointed by my experience in trying to get it fixed.

If yall are going to be busy mass ranking down, can ya throw my 4* Mordo into the mix but lemme get those cats back? Hahaha
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    They will not do it. There was a guy in an alliance of mine who made the mistake of staying logged in on his iPad. He came back later to find that his kid had signed into the game and ranked up his 4* unduped SheHulk to 4/40. He immediately contacted Kabam support and got the same answer.
  • Wow lol. That poor guy.

I'm assuming I'll be totally shot down if I even get a response here. But wanted to make sure and point out how dumb it is and how they misinformed me as to what they can and can't do. It seemed the opportune time since they're going to be ranking down so many champs.

There's just no logical reason to not help me. I realize it's not the same thing... But kabam made a simple mistake with the exploit rewards and now they're going back and fixing it. I made a mistake in my ranking and would like to have it fixed as well. It's a reasonable request that was met with shady claims and inadequate support.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Rank Down Tickets
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    They can do it when they need to but not when YOU need them too. Thats the first thought in my head , " you said 100 times this can't be done." Kabammed!
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    They've done it before with the dimensional rifts too when they accidentaly sent players 10000 crystals instead of 10000 shards and people ended up with sig 200 5* dormammus
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 278 ★★★
    Would it have been better if they told you they COULD do it but were not going to? Same result man. Support for this game is beyond terrible.

In this case I actually understand why they wouldn't though. I'm sure your case was a legit accident, but it's impossible for them to make a distinction from those who did something by accident vs those who are trying to game the system. If they made an exception for you, it'd be unfair for the rest.
  • In NY case, super easy to see what was up. It was mystic cat quest day. I ran it a million times to get enough cats for the r2. My 4* Mordo was at R4 and had been there forever. Sure didn't need mystic t3s for him. It was level up that day as well. I coulda r5 him at any point during the day... But instead ran the t3 quest over and over for the 5*.

Then waited u til aq rewards came in because I needed some more t4b iirc. Either way, the entire day was spent furiously trying to get resources for the 5* rank up continuation. And why would I r5 a champ I have a 5* of that's ready to go r3?

Like I've said, there's no good reason to not help me out other than "hahaha ur gonna have to work for more resources bow". If there was an explanation, I'm sure Miike would have come in and mentioned it when u @'d him.

As far as gaming the system. It's a non issue. Ranking down one champ and ranking the other doesn't ruin the game for anyone. It doesn't give an unfair advantage. At worst, someone may not be happy w an r5 and wanna try to 5* out? Sure, deny them. That's fine, even tho they don't mess up any game balance. And before the geniuses come in and accuse me of that, my 4* wasn't used at all after being ranked. I skipped a war to avoid looking like I had some sort of buyer's remorse.
  • Also I don't know why there has to be an "exception" made. What's wrong with fixing a simple mistake? Kabam literally just did that with the exploit and will be reversing accounts that benefitted.

If i accidentally buy the wrong drink from the gas station, it's pretty simple to go in and switch it out. Order the wrong thing from Amazon? Contact support, send it back. Nbd. That's all this is.
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Also I don't know why there has to be an "exception" made. What's wrong with fixing a simple mistake? Kabam literally just did that with the exploit and will be reversing accounts that benefitted.

If i accidentally buy the wrong drink from the gas station, it's pretty simple to go in and switch it out. Order the wrong thing from Amazon? Contact support, send it back. Nbd. That's all this is.

If they fixed every "simple mistake" that opened a Ticket, the frequency of mistakes would go up because Players want to Rank someone else without earning more Resources. It's about precedence.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    It's really not. Everything doesn't always have to be a conspiracy or trying to game the system. If he made a mistake and immediately noticed without using the champ at all, they should do it. Support is there to provide support when they can, not to tell us no on every single request so they don't have to do more work.
  • I don't think that would be the case at all tbh. That's also a huge assumption about the players. Who's going to spend all the time dealing with support just to change ranked champs on a whim? What a colossal waste of time for little to no benefit.

There are plenty of rules/protocols that could/should be in place for such a thing to occur. I can't send back my Amazon box after x amount of days... And I'm sure I couldn't swap out a soda at the gas station if I didn't immediately go back in before leaving the property.

In my case, the first ticket was sent immediately. As soon as I was like "Hmmm that pi looks a little offOMG WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!" It was very easy to see how and what had occurred, had anyone at kabam given me more than lip service. Why not allow/process a rank down in that case? What bad precedent would it set? The precedent of adequate and helpful support services?

If you want to keep people from needlessly harassing support and/or burying them under tickets, that's understandable. A one hour time limit, or even less, would be sufficient to curtail anyone trying to play games.

It really seems like this would be an issue the entire player base would get behind. Even if you haven't done some dumb mistake in game, you may. I hope you don't. But wouldn't it be better for the player base as a whole to have the ability to fix those mistakes when they were proven to be a real, actual flub? This isn't asking much lol. It's simple customer service and a simple transaction. And it could be a simple failsafe for everyone.

You really have to work hard to make this a "bad thing".
    edited August 2017
    You would be surprised how many people would try to take advantage of Support if they Deranked every Ticket.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    You would be surprised how many people would try to take advantage of Support if they Deranked every Ticket.

You're not listening (reading?). His was immediate, he didn't use Mordo for a week and decided he didn't like him. They can see that his Mordo wasn't used in content. There don't have to be blanket answers, each case can be and is unique. I'm in customer service, I would lose my job if I told every customer I couldn't help them when I really can. Three class cats and five basics costs more than $100 based on the values they have set. That's an expensive mistake to not be able to reverse in a situation like this.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Well the game team could just come up with a solution. They'll just add a "are you sure you want to rank up this 4*?" box and call it a day.
  • With respect, I don't think you know how many tickets a day they get, much less how many rank down requests.

But again, it's very simple to put protocols in place for these types of things. A simple investigation into my case would reveal all that was necessary to see what was going on.

My god I even offered to sign a non disclosure agreement if they'd do it. Do you know how absurd that is? Not the agreement, but that a common player has to wrack his brain to come up with that idea just HOPE To get support for a legit issue.
    What I've already said is I'm not aware of what their protocol is, but there is most likely one that prevents precedence. With the amount of people that write in asking to Derank, they're most likely told to say no. Otherwise people would open Tickets endlessly. I understand what you're saying about the circumstances. It's still the same request. I'm not sure if that is the case because I have no information on it, but with the amount of people who post on the Forum about Tickets and Deranking, that's a large possibility. I also don't know what Support is and is not able to do. We're not talking about Support removing said Rewards. We're talking about the team. There is a limited amount that Support can and cannot do.
  • You would be surprised how many people would try to take advantage of Support if they Deranked every Ticket.

You're not listening (reading?). His was immediate, he didn't use Mordo for a week and decided he didn't like him. They can see that his Mordo wasn't used in content. There don't have to be blanket answers, each case can be and is unique. I'm in customer service, I would lose my job if I told every customer I couldn't help them when I really can. Three class cats and five basics costs more than $100 based on the values they have set. That's an expensive mistake to not be able to reverse in a situation like this.

Thank you. Most just seem to dismiss this altogether, but I did try hard to be obviously trying to help my own situation. I even offered to sell the 4* to prove my honesty lol.

It's still mind blowing that instead of getting behind this, people would rather try to project bad intentions en masse.
    chunkyb wrote: »

Thank you. Most just seem to dismiss this altogether, but I did try hard to be obviously trying to help my own situation. I even offered to sell the 4* to prove my honesty lol.

It's still mind blowing that instead of getting behind this, people would rather try to project bad intentions en masse.

No one is projecting bad intentions. I'm explaining why I think you received the response you did. I have no personal judgment on you. Things happen.
  • Welp we made it longer than most before the normal forum **** started. Kudos to (some of) us.
This discussion has been closed.