**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champions of different rarities gain power at different rates

Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96
edited September 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
It was brought to my attention by another player that the same champion at two different rarities (4 star/5 star/6 star) will gain power at different rates from one another and that this has apparently been the case for a while. This is not listed anywhere in the game and serves no discernible purpose gameplay-wise for this variance to exist.

I did some testing and will post video and screenshots here for you to decide. The purpose is solely to highlight the clear difference in power gain rate despite the same opponent and the same actions being taken. Below are screenshots of 6* R1 Red Hulk and 5* R3 Red Hulk each at 12 hits with no blocked hits taken with different power against RoL WS, as well as 6* R2 Corvus Glaive and 4* R5 Corvus Glaive at 25 hits and 5 parries at different power also against RoL WS. There is also a Youtube link to a video showing each of the fights to prove that the fights were each done the same way.

https://youtu.be/8lxSIUmvHyo

Comments

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
  • Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96
    MikeHock said:
    Interesting, glad to see there are other summoners who have also observed this. I tried to make my testing as controlled as possible, you can see the video as well as the screenshots to judge for yourself, but I think this is something we need to hear from the team on since the thread you linked to was never settled beyond some user theory crafting.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Bump. This is a question that needs to be answered. No where ever has there been an indication that 6*s should get less power or be worse than 5*s in any aspect (besides harder to dup). This along with Kabam realizing how bad gates are has me regretting taking my 6* undupped champ over a 5* dupped champ. Please give some clarity on this as it makes 6*s much less valuable.
    I realize I made this post on a weekend which typically are slower days for the mods (because they need days off too) but I’m gonna bump this now that it’s Monday morning since it was never addressed. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
  • FYI, the other thread mentioned earlier no longer updates in General Discissiin list (probably because creator there may be Chat-Locked now ?). So even though others who were part of that thread can add updates, it doesn't refresh it back to recent posts.

So hopefully Kabam can address this (either confirm or refute it) here in this thread.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Very interesting, this thread needs a bump and I'm following this with great interest.
    I've never actually reflected on how power is gained before, and if there's a difference between different tiers of the same champ. Just getting to know how the power gain is actually calculated would be very helpful and interesting!
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Only if Kabam was open with us, this is quite silly...
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    This is very interesting, I really wish kabam would give us an answer on this. I’ve noticed the power gain difference before, but for some reason always thought it was champion specific, not rarity/tier related.
    Kabump. Hopefully this isn’t another thread doomed to the fate of “open and honest” communication from the team.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    I too would like to see this looked into, since it would make the decision to rank a 5* over a 6* much easier.
  • The_WatcherThe_Watcher Posts: 148
    Correct me if I'm wrong but with same setup and same number of hits taken, WS also should have gained same power, but when against 2* IMIW, he seems to have gained a little more power than against other star versions.
    Zeezoos said:

Hi all, I raised a support ticket and have had the following response:

“Please be informed that power gain rate is increased ever so slightly with each rank, so 6-stars will have a lower power gain rate than 5-stars because rank 2 is like the highest you can get at this point for a 6-star.”

From the very small sample, this appears to match what is shown, with the 6*r1 and 4*r1 IMIW gaining power at the same rate.

This is very interesting because a few of the people I’ve been discussing this with such as @DJSergy have mentioned that power gain has to do with rank, but when comparing my 6* R2 Corvus to a friend’s 6* R1 Corvus it seemed like power gain was identical for both rather than my R2 gaining power faster than his R1.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    Thank you @UmbertoDelRio and @Zeezoos

The support response is interesting and a little counterintuitive, but at least it’s something.

Things still look inconsistent between different champs, though.

Dr. Zola
    If that is true that different rarities gain power at different rates, I wonder what the rationale is behind such a design.... and why it’s never been mentioned to the player-base.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    MikeHock said:

If that is true that different rarities gain power at different rates, I wonder what the rationale is behind such a design.... and why it’s never been mentioned to the player-base.

Not rarities, ranks. What support is saying is that a rank 1 6* will gain power at a rate lower than a r2 6* and a rank 3 6* faster than a rank 2. And since 6*s beyond rank 2 is rare at the moment you see the differences more then the similarities.
    Lormif said:

MikeHock said:

Not rarities, ranks. What support is saying is that a rank 1 6* will gain power at a rate lower than a r2 6* and a rank 3 6* faster than a rank 2. And since 6*s beyond rank 2 is rare at the moment you see the differences more then the similarities.
    Thank you for the correction and clarification.