4* Arena's pretty pointless now

2

Comments

  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    winterthur wrote: »
    I would be very happy to win 4* as 4* arena is pointless according to OP. I wish 99% of players are like OP.

    Would be you happy winning 4* burning thousands Units? That's one point.
    And 5* Arenas should a fact, it's other point.

    What you say makes no sense. But typically only the 4* feature arena requires the use of constant refills to get champions. I think what the OP and @winterthur are referring to are basic champs which are easily attainable without using units.

    The basic arena too. Please don't try rewrite the recent history, neither the reality for one is the same for everyone.
    Many people was upset because the Android blackout screwed the whole refill and boosts invested for them. That's the reality.
    Preaching in the boards everyone is Batman, and it's plenty of people claiming 3* are useful because "they can" do rol, lol and whatever with it, but reality everyone (except the 0.1% with 500k) should burn items to do it, but many will not admit it because every kid should pretend they're pros masters.

    Reality is, 4* basics could be easily attainable for someone with 500k profile, but someone dying for grind 4* basics (specially now that 4* have been deprecated) is because is urging of 4* basics and will be far from the "easily" fairy tale.

    Sounds like you need to invest in your teams then. I average over 30,000 points per match in basic 4* arena using my 4/40s. Even more using my 5/50s.
    Of course, using a team 4* 4/40 you can score 30k.
    Now add a bunch of teams 4* 4/40 and it will be easy, but anyone will realize they actually don't need grind for a 4* basic if they already have a bunch of 4/40.
    It's for people "needing to invest in their teams". The point is very clear.

    Heck, I have almost 15 teams 3* maxeup so I could grind for any featured 3* easily, but I don't do it because they're irrelevant and it's will be "easy" BUT I should invest Many Hours anyway and my time have value (because I'm not a kid). And that happen despite 3* featured arena could duped them, but them basic 4* it just one SIG stone.
    That's the point bro.
  • I_am_Groot wrote: »
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    winterthur wrote: »
    I would be very happy to win 4* as 4* arena is pointless according to OP. I wish 99% of players are like OP.

    Would be you happy winning 4* burning thousands Units? That's one point.
    And 5* Arenas should a fact, it's other point.

    What you say makes no sense. But typically only the 4* feature arena requires the use of constant refills to get champions. I think what the OP and @winterthur are referring to are basic champs which are easily attainable without using units.

    The basic arena too. Please don't try rewrite the recent history, neither the reality for one is the same for everyone.
    Many people was upset because the Android blackout screwed the whole refill and boosts invested for them. That's the reality.
    Preaching in the boards everyone is Batman, and it's plenty of people claiming 3* are useful because "they can" do rol, lol and whatever with it, but reality everyone (except the 0.1% with 500k) should burn items to do it, but many will not admit it because every kid should pretend they're pros masters.

    Reality is, 4* basics could be easily attainable for someone with 500k profile, but someone dying for grind 4* basics (specially now that 4* have been deprecated) is because is urging of 4* basics and will be far from the "easily" fairy tale.

    Sounds like you need to invest in your teams then. I average over 30,000 points per match in basic 4* arena using my 4/40s. Even more using my 5/50s.
    Of course, using a team 4* 4/40 you can score 30k.
    Now add a bunch of teams 4* 4/40 and it will be easy, but anyone will realize they actually don't need grind for a 4* basic if they already have a bunch of 4/40.
    It's for people "needing to invest in their teams". The point is very clear.


    I disagree, basic arena is your second chance at a hero that maybe you missed or have not been lucky enough to pull from a PHC crystal. For example, I wanted Hood so I went and got him last week. Same thing with other champs in the past too. You should always be investing in your team, especially if the cost is minimal (granted it takes a lot of time grinding the arenas). I'll be going after Archangel next because newer champs for the most part outrank the old guard of champs.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    The 4*'s are now valued as 3*s. As a high level account 4*s are pointless to go for now and there are no 5* arenas so for me and other whales it just pretty much ended the game for us.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    winterthur wrote: »
    I would be very happy to win 4* as 4* arena is pointless according to OP. I wish 99% of players are like OP.

    Would be you happy winning 4* burning thousands Units? That's one point.
    And 5* Arenas should a fact, it's other point.

    What you say makes no sense. But typically only the 4* feature arena requires the use of constant refills to get champions. I think what the OP and @winterthur are referring to are basic champs which are easily attainable without using units.

    The basic arena too. Please don't try rewrite the recent history, neither the reality for one is the same for everyone.
    Many people was upset because the Android blackout screwed the whole refill and boosts invested for them. That's the reality.
    Preaching in the boards everyone is Batman, and it's plenty of people claiming 3* are useful because "they can" do rol, lol and whatever with it, but reality everyone (except the 0.1% with 500k) should burn items to do it, but many will not admit it because every kid should pretend they're pros masters.

    Reality is, 4* basics could be easily attainable for someone with 500k profile, but someone dying for grind 4* basics (specially now that 4* have been deprecated) is because is urging of 4* basics and will be far from the "easily" fairy tale.

    Sounds like you need to invest in your teams then. I average over 30,000 points per match in basic 4* arena using my 4/40s. Even more using my 5/50s.
    Of course, using a team 4* 4/40 you can score 30k.
    Now add a bunch of teams 4* 4/40 and it will be easy, but anyone will realize they actually don't need grind for a 4* basic if they already have a bunch of 4/40.
    It's for people "needing to invest in their teams". The point is very clear.


    I disagree, basic arena is your second chance at a hero that maybe you missed or have not been lucky enough to pull from a PHC crystal. For example, I wanted Hood so I went and got him last week. Same thing with other champs in the past too. You should always be investing in your team, especially if the cost is minimal (granted it takes a lot of time grinding the arenas). I'll be going after Archangel next because newer champs for the most part outrank the old guard of champs.

    You could do it just if you want as the hell a champ. For example I grinded for Hood too, and for GG, well the 6* bomb was not dropped but it's not the point.
    But the fact is when someone have already invested in their rosters, it's easy grind for a new champ, but it's irrelevant too, specially if that Tier was deprecated.

    We're agree grind take a lot of time, but Time is not a cost minimal. Time and effort is not cheap.
  • Draco2199 wrote: »
    The 4*'s are now valued as 3*s. As a high level account 4*s are pointless to go for now and there are no 5* arenas so for me and other whales it just pretty much ended the game for us.

    I disagree...4*s will still have value as 6*s will be very tough to get. I think 5* arena may be an eventual possibility though.
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    The 4*'s are now valued as 3*s. As a high level account 4*s are pointless to go for now and there are no 5* arenas so for me and other whales it just pretty much ended the game for us.

    I disagree...4*s will still have value as 6*s will be very tough to get. I think 5* arena may be an eventual possibility though.
    I think the 5* arena will also drop when they release 6* champs. 4*s will become useless then.

  • FAL7EN wrote: »
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    The 4*'s are now valued as 3*s. As a high level account 4*s are pointless to go for now and there are no 5* arenas so for me and other whales it just pretty much ended the game for us.

    I disagree...4*s will still have value as 6*s will be very tough to get. I think 5* arena may be an eventual possibility though.
    I think the 5* arena will also drop when they release 6* champs. 4*s will become useless then.

    I think 4*s will still have value even then. Unless they make 6*s easy to get (aside from duping a 5* I have heard no other way to get 6* shards) then it means people will still be playing to get 5*s. There are some good 5*s out there, but I imagine many will still prefer using specific 4*s with regen for AQ.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    The 4*'s are now valued as 3*s. As a high level account 4*s are pointless to go for now and there are no 5* arenas so for me and other whales it just pretty much ended the game for us.

    I disagree...4*s will still have value as 6*s will be very tough to get. I think 5* arena may be an eventual possibility though.

    6*s will be very tough to get for low level account, the higher spenders like me will get them probably at the same pace as the 5*s
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    The 4*'s are now valued as 3*s. As a high level account 4*s are pointless to go for now and there are no 5* arenas so for me and other whales it just pretty much ended the game for us.

    I disagree...4*s will still have value as 6*s will be very tough to get. I think 5* arena may be an eventual possibility though.

    6*s will be very tough to get for low level account, the higher spenders like me will get them probably at the same pace as the 5*s

    How often are you getting 5* crystals right now? Just curious...
  • realiTicrealiTic Posts: 96
    4* arena will never be pointless to all, it will just be pointless to high end players.
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459
    edited August 2017
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    The 4*'s are now valued as 3*s. As a high level account 4*s are pointless to go for now and there are no 5* arenas so for me and other whales it just pretty much ended the game for us.

    I disagree...4*s will still have value as 6*s will be very tough to get. I think 5* arena may be an eventual possibility though.
    I think the 5* arena will also drop when they release 6* champs. 4*s will become useless then.

    I think 4*s will still have value even then. Unless they make 6*s easy to get (aside from duping a 5* I have heard no other way to get 6* shards) then it means people will still be playing to get 5*s. There are some good 5*s out there, but I imagine many will still prefer using specific 4*s with regen for AQ.

    They will make 6 star shards available for some type of currency. No way they don't.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614
    Just to throw my 2¢ in… a great 4* easily beats an ok 5* any day of the week

    Voodoo and Star Lord EASILY outpace any of my 5*s with only Hawkeye and Ultron having potential uses in the near future
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    This is actually going to discourage elite players from participating in those 4* arenas while they have their own uncollected arena. This is to reduce the cut off and make the game much more balanced

    That's totally possible.

    Why go for a 4-star when they can, in the future, get a 5-star or 6-star version of the hero?

    The big question is how far in the future are the "elites" willing to wait for a random chance to get a 5/6-star version of the hero? And for the players who believe that they have no problems hitting top 800, is that random chance worth the wait? What happens if they fail? What if they get Iron Patriot again instead of the hero they wanted?

    And what if the arena structure doesn't change (i.e. no 5-star arenas)?

    Equally possible is that winning anything big from any 4-star arenas by newly minted veterans become even more difficult to do, similar to how it is now.

    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

  • For me everybody mistake. 3s Become obsolete because every week people can open 1/2/3 4s heroes. But 4s can't become obsolete because 5s can't be available 1/2/3 for week. You can open 1 for month. If been a increase of red fragments you can maybe open 2 for months. The process is too slow. If you applicate this to 6s is easy to understand if 4s become obsolete this is not before 2019. Is very simple for me. How you can have a full rooster of 5s r4 for make Aq and Aw (attack + defense)???
    Maybe kabam gets Alpha2 in new season Aq rewards (i ask in this forum......i wait @Kabam Miike answers....) but we don't know nothing. The process sound too much slow
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646
    Why go for a 4-star when they can, in the future, get a 5-star or 6-star version of the hero?
    The big question is how far in the future are the "elites" willing to wait for a random chance to get a 5/6-star version of the hero? And for the players who believe that they have no problems hitting top 800, is that random chance worth the wait? What happens if they fail? What if they get Iron Patriot again instead of the hero they wanted?

    And what if the arena structure doesn't change (i.e. no 5-star arenas)?
    The answer is because they'll be facing 6* in Act 5, AQ and Monthly Quest and 4* will be a sad joke for them.
    For me everybody mistake. 3s Become obsolete because every week people can open 1/2/3 4s heroes. But 4s can't become obsolete because 5s can't be available 1/2/3 for week. You can open 1 for month.
    They've stated 4*s and 5*s (and materials) will become more available. And it should happen (a lot) otherwise this change will kill the game due to the impossible progression.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075
    4*s are slowly becoming obsolete. The sooner you accept this fact, the better it is. Sure I can do a lot of things in this game with 4*s but why would I bother using them when I have 5*s who are slightly better than 4*s at equivalent rank. I can do master with 3*s. Does that mean I will use 3*s to clear it every month? Hell no! It's too much of a pain. Same will apply with 4*s once 5*s become more available (as Kabam has said) and the "good" champs are all in the basic 5* crystal (as it is happening). I don't think anyone will pick a 4* when given a choice between a 4* and 5* variant of the same champ (do ever use your 3* "God-tier" champs for normal questing?)
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 695 ★★
    people put too much stock in star rating..a maxed 3* can take out a 5* star with ease in some cases..it all comes down to who your opponent is, the masteries they have and plan and simple if you can fight or not..with that being said 4* can and will be a factor in MCOC even with the supposed introduction of 6*
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075
    bm3epps wrote: »
    people put too much stock in star rating..a maxed 3* can take out a 5* star with ease in some cases..it all comes down to who your opponent is, the masteries they have and plan and simple if you can fight or not..with that being said 4* can and will be a factor in MCOC even with the supposed introduction of 6*

    Yea sure. I'll use a 3* for all fights instead of 4*s so that it takes longer to finish each fight
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 695 ★★
    edited August 2017
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    bm3epps wrote: »
    people put too much stock in star rating..a maxed 3* can take out a 5* star with ease in some cases..it all comes down to who your opponent is, the masteries they have and plan and simple if you can fight or not..with that being said 4* can and will be a factor in MCOC even with the supposed introduction of 6*

    Yea sure. I'll use a 3* for all fights instead of 4*s so that it takes longer to finish each fight

    omg..comprehension..did I say use all 3*..I said that some maxed 3* can take out certain 5* with ease..that's if you are a good player..of course 4* are better than 3* but if you can't fight it will still be obsolete.. it's easier to rank 4* vs 5* and a duped 4* is better than any unduped 5*
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075
    bm3epps wrote: »
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    bm3epps wrote: »
    people put too much stock in star rating..a maxed 3* can take out a 5* star with ease in some cases..it all comes down to who your opponent is, the masteries they have and plan and simple if you can fight or not..with that being said 4* can and will be a factor in MCOC even with the supposed introduction of 6*

    Yea sure. I'll use a 3* for all fights instead of 4*s so that it takes longer to finish each fight

    omg..comprehension..did I say use all 3*..I said that some maxed 3* can take out certain 5* with ease..that's if you are a good player..of course 4* are better than 3* but if you can't fight it will still be obsolete.. it's easier to rank 4* vs 5* and a duped 4* is better than any unduped 5*

    I can still do all event quests with 3*s. Does that mean 3*s are not obsolete and I should still be investing resources into them? No
    It's the same thing for 4*s. I can do quests with them but why should I bother when I have access to better champs?
    Regarding dupe: would you advice people to invest in their duped 3*s instead of their 4*s? I know I won't. Just like new players were advised to focus on their 4*s previously, now they should starting paying more attention to 5*s. 5*s will become more available soon and getting dupes won't be that much of a problem as well

    You gotta play smart and start planning for the future or else you'll fall behind and soon find yourself hunting for more 5*s/catalysts to rank up 5*s and trying to catch up with others with matured rosters of 5*s
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646
    bm3epps wrote: »
    people put too much stock in star rating..a maxed 3* can take out a 5* star with ease in some cases..it all comes down to who your opponent is, the masteries they have and plan and simple if you can fight or not..with that being said 4* can and will be a factor in MCOC even with the supposed introduction of 6*

    I'm in middle Tiers, even in this tier I have never seen people attacking in AW and AQ with 3*s.
    But in the forum everyone is Bruce Lee.

  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Thank you all for keeping this constructive!
  • Ethans8279Ethans8279 Posts: 120
    edited August 2017
    6* champions are for the high tier players, who have already collected almost all good 4* . If Kabam is going to release the T5 basic cc in act 5.3 and 5.4, they will have the chance to rank up their 5* 4/55 champions. IMO they just want to take care of old and new players. For low tier and middle tier players, they can still grind 4* champions and 5*shards in basic arenas , because they still don't finish all in-game quests such as story quest, RTTL,ROL,LOL etc. They need to understand that they have to build a roaster using 3* and 4* champions in order to get a higher total hero ratings, to be high tier players .For those high tier players, they can absolutely say that 4* would be useless after the release of 6* champions.But the low and middle tier players, they will not get a 5* or 6* very easily, unless they invest money and time in the game like a whale. I do believe that some of the high tier players have invested a lot in the game, therefore they have the priority to get the 6* champions. Kabam keeps telling us to spend more , so that we would get more.
  • Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 104
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Thank you all for keeping this constructive!

    I'm not nearly as high as you (270k), but I have about 11 maxed out 4*s and I'm not spending any resources on 4*s, especially when t4cc's are quite rare for players like me. A bunch of people in my alliance who have less maxed 4*s are only focusing on their 5*s now. Now kabam claims 5*s will be easier to get and rank, so that's even less of a reason to use 4*s.

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,384 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    The 4*'s are now valued as 3*s. As a high level account 4*s are pointless to go for now and there are no 5* arenas so for me and other whales it just pretty much ended the game for us.

    That's a bit dramatic. They're going to introduce the means to Max 5*'s before 6*'s are playable. Even longer until people will amass enough to build a Roster. There will be changes between now and then. 4*'s are not obsolete. The game is always changing. It's just the nature of how it evolves. We pretty much knew they would introduce them sooner or later. It's just a heads up as to what's coming in the future, and we are nowhere near having them make the rest of the game pointless.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    The 4*'s are now valued as 3*s. As a high level account 4*s are pointless to go for now and there are no 5* arenas so for me and other whales it just pretty much ended the game for us.

    That's a bit dramatic. They're going to introduce the means to Max 5*'s before 6*'s are playable. Even longer until people will amass enough to build a Roster. There will be changes between now and then. 4*'s are not obsolete. The game is always changing. It's just the nature of how it evolves. We pretty much knew they would introduce them sooner or later. It's just a heads up as to what's coming in the future, and we are nowhere near having them make the rest of the game pointless.

    Well they better give enough resources to max out 5 5*s first cuz I had
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    The 4*'s are now valued as 3*s. As a high level account 4*s are pointless to go for now and there are no 5* arenas so for me and other whales it just pretty much ended the game for us.

    That's a bit dramatic. They're going to introduce the means to Max 5*'s before 6*'s are playable. Even longer until people will amass enough to build a Roster. There will be changes between now and then. 4*'s are not obsolete. The game is always changing. It's just the nature of how it evolves. We pretty much knew they would introduce them sooner or later. It's just a heads up as to what's coming in the future, and we are nowhere near having them make the rest of the game pointless.

    Are you grinding the arenas for 4*s?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,384 ★★★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    The 4*'s are now valued as 3*s. As a high level account 4*s are pointless to go for now and there are no 5* arenas so for me and other whales it just pretty much ended the game for us.

    That's a bit dramatic. They're going to introduce the means to Max 5*'s before 6*'s are playable. Even longer until people will amass enough to build a Roster. There will be changes between now and then. 4*'s are not obsolete. The game is always changing. It's just the nature of how it evolves. We pretty much knew they would introduce them sooner or later. It's just a heads up as to what's coming in the future, and we are nowhere near having them make the rest of the game pointless.

    Well they better give enough resources to max out 5 5*s first cuz I had
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    The 4*'s are now valued as 3*s. As a high level account 4*s are pointless to go for now and there are no 5* arenas so for me and other whales it just pretty much ended the game for us.

    That's a bit dramatic. They're going to introduce the means to Max 5*'s before 6*'s are playable. Even longer until people will amass enough to build a Roster. There will be changes between now and then. 4*'s are not obsolete. The game is always changing. It's just the nature of how it evolves. We pretty much knew they would introduce them sooner or later. It's just a heads up as to what's coming in the future, and we are nowhere near having them make the rest of the game pointless.

    Are you grinding the arenas for 4*s?

    Yes. They're not useless. They won't be for a long time. People aren't going to have mass amounts of 6*'s when they arrive. I still use my 3*'s. 3*'s get 4*'s. 4*'s get 5*'s. 5*'s will get 6*'s.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    The 4*'s are now valued as 3*s. As a high level account 4*s are pointless to go for now and there are no 5* arenas so for me and other whales it just pretty much ended the game for us.

    That's a bit dramatic. They're going to introduce the means to Max 5*'s before 6*'s are playable. Even longer until people will amass enough to build a Roster. There will be changes between now and then. 4*'s are not obsolete. The game is always changing. It's just the nature of how it evolves. We pretty much knew they would introduce them sooner or later. It's just a heads up as to what's coming in the future, and we are nowhere near having them make the rest of the game pointless.

    Well they better give enough resources to max out 5 5*s first cuz I had
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    The 4*'s are now valued as 3*s. As a high level account 4*s are pointless to go for now and there are no 5* arenas so for me and other whales it just pretty much ended the game for us.

    That's a bit dramatic. They're going to introduce the means to Max 5*'s before 6*'s are playable. Even longer until people will amass enough to build a Roster. There will be changes between now and then. 4*'s are not obsolete. The game is always changing. It's just the nature of how it evolves. We pretty much knew they would introduce them sooner or later. It's just a heads up as to what's coming in the future, and we are nowhere near having them make the rest of the game pointless.

    Are you grinding the arenas for 4*s?

    Yes. They're not useless. They won't be for a long time. People aren't going to have mass amounts of 6*'s when they arrive. I still use my 3*'s. 3*'s get 4*'s. 4*'s get 5*'s. 5*'s will get 6*'s.

    But you're immortal bro, but average people will notice it's a lifetime task and will throw the table.
Sign In or Register to comment.