**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Boss Rush Domino Rant

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

I find it funny that some ppl are saying they can do it with a 3* champ so everyone should be able to. If ppl havent been playing long enough to get any counters above a 3* champ i highly doubt most of them have the skills to beat her with her abilities this fight. U would have to play a perfect match cuz a 3* would be dead if u got hit with a combo

Then don't get hit by a combo? Get better at the game? If you don't have the skill to do something, improve until you do.

There are VERY few instances in the game overall where something cannot be completed without specific champions, and even then Kabam gives a way to get those specific champions to get past the specific gate. There has never been a specific counter for a specific champion where you must have it to beat them.
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    Does my archangel need to be duped for the domino fight?
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★

It would definitely help with placing the Neurotoxins, so I'd recommend it!
  • AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    You didnt meet symbiot supreme. Do you know what i got? An Iron Patriot. Let it go.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    There is gonna be a CapIW arena soon, if you cant get 2 mil points in the basic arena and dont have the skills or the roster than not completing it is on you.
  • dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    Pls remove incinerate node
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

I find it funny that some ppl are saying they can do it with a 3* champ so everyone should be able to. If ppl havent been playing long enough to get any counters above a 3* champ i highly doubt most of them have the skills to beat her with her abilities this fight. U would have to play a perfect match cuz a 3* would be dead if u got hit with a combo

If you dont have the skills then you dont have the skills, nothing to rant about.
  • dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    I tried like 10 times with 6*thing full boosted some times he fails to trigger champion synergy (due to domino's aar) other time he dies from incinerate.
    I used 5*captain marvel but her furies failed to trigger.
    I also tried scarlet witch but rng does not nullify regen on time and when it does the she got incinerated.
    I tried ghost rider but he failed to place fate seal.
    I have archangel5*,void4*, caiw5* but they are unduped.
    Tech champs do not work at all (due to node).
    I tried using 5*quake with bw and hawkeye synergy but i figured out it can not remove already present regen.
    And my mastery setup doesnt allows me to have maxed despair.
    Im trying my best for last 24 hrs im so tired now i cant do anything more i have lost all hope.
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    Riot1234 said:

I think its pretty obvious to all the players of this game that Domino who is the second opponent in this months Boss Rush is substantially over-tuned in comparison to the other fights
    in MY opinion, the others are a fair fight and give a fair amount of competition for the amount of rewards (I really liked the invisible Woman fight in particular).
    Don't get me wrong. I think that the rest of the Boss Rush is amazing but this fight in particular made me very mad (I used my 6* Domino and just used SP3s and heavy hoping for a crit bleed and even after i got her down to 5 percent, i got some bad RNG and i got evaded so many times and before you knew it she was back at 50%)
    I really think this fight punishes people who dont have a Void, Mephisto, Dr Voodoo, etc and just serves as an unnecessary pain for those people.
    I urge KABAM to take this nerf into consideration

if you have 1% regen going on, you don't use Domino. Just doesn't make sense. I used a 4* Void and drained her quite quickly. Play smart ;)
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    AA is unaffected by ability accuracy reduction.
    Which means you’ll land every parry and land bleed/poisons at the normal rate.
    It’s really not that hard...
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    We should all have developed at least a basic grasp of fighting Domino by now - she's not new.

I'm not that skilled, but I used 5/50 Void and soloed Domino first time.

Void was in the basic arenas not long ago. Without wishing to sound unsympathetic: If you're a mid to late-game player, and you don't have him Awakened, that's not because of RNG.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Unless of course you don't have an AA .. ;)
    LOL
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    dot_ditto said:

LOL
    I suspect the majority of players that are at the point where they’re considering this event have atleast a 4*...
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @Mr_Platypus i have already completed it but i only have a 3* AA. I have 3 6* champs and 60+ 5* champs. Ive been wanting to get stark spidey and AA forever.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

There's nothing overly difficult in what I did in the posted fight. It's basically just parrying and only attacking when I have to create some space.
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    Domino was actually the easiest fight for me. I actually lost most of my champs to that debuff immune Quake. That took me by surprise.
  • OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 248
    I used my 5* domino and had no trouble taking her down
  • Neotwism said:

Well if you get hit with a full combo from a 30k Domino you’re pretty much dead even with an R5 5*.

The point people are making here is that these node combinations can be cheesed by certain champion choices and are viable even with low ranked/rarity versions. In the domino matchup for instance, if you took Cap IW in, a max sig 3* would be far better than a R4 5* at sig 20, because the point is heal reversal.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★

It would definitely help with placing the Neurotoxins, so I'd recommend it!
    Can't heal block with an unduped. A 4-55 with some good RNG can get it done, but I wouldn't want to do this with a 4* unduped.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Belfigor2 said:

i just used a 4* archangel on domino, pretty easy, quake was annoying @$ she kept stunning you with 1 quake charge on you, but symb supreme was worst enemy starting with almost 3 bars and activated sp3 5 second after fight start, had to doc oc him

Never hold block against Quake. Play intercept only with dexing if you can't. If she starts charging a heavy you are screwed. Once she gets into a special loop (she can be baited easily) it's easy, dex n destroy.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

dot_ditto said:

LOL
    I suspect the majority of players that are at the point where they’re considering this event have atleast a 4*...
    I finished the boss rush easily and have completed tough content like Act 6.2 but still dont have void, AA, corvus, IMIW and a few others anything above a 3 star so this is a legit problem people have as we are in a game that has rng as one of its main components.
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 343 ★★
    This event really wasn’t hard. I used:

VTD for King G
    SS for Domino
    Domino for Quake
    Domino for IW
    Domino for SS (He only hit me with 1 sp3)
    Stark for Taskmaster

No revives no potions. Boss Rush isn’t supposed to be a walk in the park. It’s a challenge. Sometimes you just gotta start over until you get it.
  • Whiskey_PoetWhiskey_Poet Posts: 238 ★★
    Domino fight has soooo many more counters than the SS fight. lol
    But everyone saying that some players haven't been playing long enough to have the roster, or haven't been playingblong enough to have the skill with alternate champs, etc. . . .
    Well, not everyone is supposed to be able to complete this. Some people haven't been playing long enough, don't have the roster, or don't have the skill for it. That's okay. They can catch the next one. Where is the outcry to make 6.2 easy enough for everyone to complete? Or Variants? Or LoL. lol
    Some content you don't tackle until you've built your roster and skill level. It's not meant to be tackled a couple weeks or months into the game, or even more.
    Patience, my friends, and good gaming to you!
  • PerceptronPerceptron Posts: 169
    Void Cheese is enough for domino. Must have 3/3 despair and petrify debuffs, once fear of the void active. all u need to do is survive
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I used a 4-star duped Symbiote Supreme to stop the regen before it even started, because it was an active buff

It's Domino, so there were two ridiculous evades that got me killed -- one in Assassin's range -- but it and the challenge weren't too bad.

But I will also say this, as I have said from Day 1 of the release: Domino is a garbage character. The fact that Tech characters can fail in the first place, let alone Domino being placed on a node that eliminates all ability accuracy from Tech characters, did nothing but remind me of how garbage that kit truly is
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Disagree. It’s good to have content of all difficulty levels and different champ requirements. If not, might as well make all quests the same and all champs the same and have a boring game.

You are wrong. Having a ceryain champion is RNG/luck based. How is that fair? Tell me. No amount of skill can get you past that fight if you don't have the counters.
    Seatin just did it with a 2* CAIW. You need despair mastery though.