**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Your opinion on GOLD

sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
Curious to see where most of the community lies, in terms of gold acquisition and quantity. Just to see if there is indeed the slight problem that i believe exists. All the options except from option 5 are for free to play players or at least semi-free to play players that might spend small amounts on occasion.

Your opinion on GOLD 131 votes

I don't mind grinding all arena milestones, the gold i get is enough for all my rank ups
12%
ArcDeAngelusGroundedWisdomxNigLosspikMonk1AKTEKDarthPhaldjr17Paulo_PkItsDamienKaratemike415Duck_of_DoomBogianOuxCtfz35Justin2524Dark1990 17 votes
I don't mind grinding all arena milestones, the gold i get is NOT enough for all my rank ups
4%
Indrick781JadedDOKTOROKTOPUSTehsigzorzMauledmac10smg 6 votes
I try to get gold from the arena when i have the time, the gold i get is enough for all my rank ups
18%
PantherusNZRazorDevilbuffajrphillgreenSpicyslicerSceptilemaniacMrTicTac19992008PizzabeatCupidJridenhour_3iRetr0Mathking13WoozieBlackJ4zzMeebletonHector_1475z2313457GeorgiaDawgCtuchikJollyHawk 24 votes
I try to get gold from the arena when i have the time, the gold i get is NOT enough for all my rank ups
31%
Timone147Deadbyrd9DukeMr_WiffGigantor13Blackfriar63GAM3RGUYMikeyBoi69SiddhantKwatraSpiderOdd_Kill_Switch_OnmixThecrusher_9756SgtSlaughter78BahamutReferenceIamTryingMyBestLibertyPrimeV1ToxicBladeGustavo20 41 votes
I often spend lots on crystals, i get all the gold i need from duping champions and selling excess ISO-8
0%
Osfan8 1 vote
I have no time to play arena, i get enough gold casually via quests that pop up
10%
Eb0ny-O-M4wHaji_Saabhumzah217zuffyOrcDovahkiinHammerbro_64DingaloThi101LittlePeteFred_JoeityxXSlamKingXxMasterChief1176YimiGotayMassapeal 14 votes
I have no time to play arena, and i can't seem to find a way to get enough gold to rank my champions up
21%
MrLalowTerraRockermanLibralonixNojokejaymAhitlawHendrossHzoriMichaelW92Captain_2goodGeo10megLittle_Crocodili29Colonaut123Manar198xB_Dizzle_01AleorGGhostKevin0998RiderofHellDorianGray 28 votes

Comments

• TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I don't mind grinding all arena milestones, the gold i get is NOT enough for all my rank ups
    I grind the 4 star basic arena and the 5 star featured until the 7.5mil mark and I am currently out of iso and gold :(
  • sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★

I grind the 4 star basic arena and the 5 star featured until the 7.5mil mark and I am currently out of iso and gold :(

I am in a similar spot. Thats why im wondering wether I'm doing something wrong or others experience the same issue.
  • Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 244
    I try to get gold from the arena when i have the time, the gold i get is NOT enough for all my rank ups
    I grind 4 star basic if I want the champ and usually get a decent amount of gold but still burn through it taking 5 stars to rank 3 and the rare occasion I will rank 5 a 4 star uses so much gold. ISO is also a problem which I why I grind arena so all the 4 stars I open are likely to be dupes. I haven't got too many rank 4 5 stars able to get my 5th once I get t2 alpha from SA calendar. Leveling up a 6 star took a hit as well. I'd say I'm a moderate arena grinder and doing monthly EQ tops me up but still burn through it faster than I earn it.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Curious to see where most of the community lies, in terms of gold acquisition and quantity. Just to see if there is indeed the slight problem that i believe exists. All the options except from option 5 are for free to play players or at least semi-free to play players that might spend small amounts on occasion.

It's enough if I'm only Ranking Up one champion and nothing else for a bit after, I have to cash in every Battle Chip I get btw, but if I'm wanting to Rank Up Several Champions it's just not happening. Like a lot of things in this game, Gold Drops Really need a revamp, it's still tuned to Year 1 Mcoc where something like 250 Gold from 1 Fight was a lot...
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Personally, I never tried to get gold. Never got gold issues, so that was not important to me.
    I take advantage of every lvl up event to rank up champions as well, so at least Im' constantly ranking them up
  • sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★

It's enough if I'm only Ranking Up one champion and nothing else for a bit after, I have to cash in every Battle Chip I get btw, but if I'm wanting to Rank Up Several Champions it's just not happening. Like a lot of things in this game, Gold Drops Really need a revamp, it's still tuned to Year 1 Mcoc where something like 250 Gold from 1 Fight was a lot...
    That's the point I want to make.
    In a game where ways to get champions have become more common (more shards etc.), there NEEDS to be an increase not only to the amounts of the rank up and level up materials you get, but to the ways you can earn them too.
    Its not fun to be in a situation where you have to wait months to rank up a champion you want in order to use him in endgame content, plus most of the times you will get at least 2 other champions you like and wanna rank up in that amount of time.
    Hoarding has been stated to be "unhealthy" behaviour, so we can understand that the message is "open your crystals regurarly, and enjoy the champions you get". But if there are not enough materials to properly rank up and level up our champions, that system is flawed. Not that hoarding would fix it, but if you were to get a new champion every other month, you would theoritically only have one option to invest your resources, thus making the whole item investment thing plausible with the current rewards, but also making the game much more dull and uninteresting.
  • I try to get gold from the arena when i have the time, the gold i get is NOT enough for all my rank ups
    Dont lose hope gold realms will save us soon...
    Hopefully
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    edited September 2019
    I don't need gold at all. coz there is no champ that I would like to rank up as all are equally horrible. one look at their faces n am relaxed coz thanks to rng I have nothing to fret over. 🤣. in fact I have lots of glory n t4cc t4bc. they just ask me " are u letting us out?" I say no ur all still grounded. am not going to feed u all to squibs. be patient boys.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I just realize I won’t have enough gold to do everything, so I only rankup who I will use. No 3* or 4* rankups for SA (chill alliance benefits)
  • I don't mind grinding all arena milestones, the gold i get is NOT enough for all my rank ups
    I used to be a moderately sized whale, I’d probably chuck an Odin here and there on cavalier crystals and the ISO got me a decent wedge of gold, enough to keep me going for a fair amount of time. I also have completed 6.2 and 100% V2,3 for the gold as much as the rank up materials. I don’t spend for probably quite obvious reasons now, but that aside, as a now supposedly self-sufficient player I struggle a lot with gold.

On my main account I grind 5* featured to around 7.5m, and rank rewards for the others + the MEQ and it allows me to make maybe an R3 every other week when I take my donations into account (666). I have maxed T4CC and something like 500 T4CC related crystals so if I could, I’d rank a lot more as I do have the champs to do so.

On my alt which I pretty much only play to help a friend’s alliance stay together I don’t do arena and only play very casually. On that account for me to take my Iceman to R4 I’d say I’m probably looking at about a month to afford the rank up and similar again to level him up. Now, if the only account I played was the alt, and at that level, I’d have quit the game, I’m trying to quit the account but my mate needs me and I gotta help the bros.

The second a f2p player gets their first R4 candidate and doesn’t want to grind hours of arena every week they are looking at stagnation for a huge amount of time until they can afford the rank and level up.

Tell me that’s not a problem.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I don't mind grinding all arena milestones, the gold i get is enough for all my rank ups

I have all my 5* at at least rank 2, and most are rank 3 or higher. Arena milestone grinding is definitely enough to keep you in gold if you do them consistently.
  • I don't mind grinding all arena milestones, the gold i get is NOT enough for all my rank ups
    Yeah along with the cavs..
    Mauled said:

Yeah along with the cavs..

Thanks for reminding me. Arena milestone grinding is also a great way to earn thousands of free units, some of which can be used on cavalier crystals.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    But I am not complaining. It means my rankups are a bit slower. I have a bunch of R3s still to R4 and T2A isn't coming in that fast either. How about new champs? Last few have been trash or dupes or both. So I'll just focus on the R3s for now, rest stays at R1. Haven't touched a 4* in months.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I have no time to play arena, and i can't seem to find a way to get enough gold to rank my champions up
    Arena is not a viable option for me, so I need to sell ISO-8. Not my favourite option though. The rest I get from arena crystals I earned through AQ. Still, I'm in a permanent shortage (used to be different, but rank 5/rank 3 is so expensive).
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019

Arena is not a viable option for me, so I need to sell ISO-8. Not my favourite option though. The rest I get from arena crystals I earned through AQ. Still, I'm in a permanent shortage (used to be different, but rank 5/rank 3 is so expensive).

I agree after i ranked up spidey 5* for AW diversity i was low on gold and now i been skipping lvl up event for a while bc i am low on gold...i aint paying 10 bucks a month to get half the amount of gold in one month compared to how much we got when doing gold realm every reset when it ran.

I hope they bring out gold realm again otherwise i will just have to give up the game, which i dont want to but with how things are looking i will have no choice
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    DarthPhal said:

I have all my 5* at at least rank 2, and most are rank 3 or higher. Arena milestone grinding is definitely enough to keep you in gold if you do them consistently.

I do arenas constantly. 12m in 5* feature, 4m in 4* feature, and 3-4 milestones in the other two. Every round. I’ve been doing arenas for almost 4 years. I sit on 200k gold right now.
    With 10 r5 5*, 15 r4 5* and roughly 60 more 5* below that.
    Also have 16 6* champs all 25/25 except one (jugs).

In the last three days I’ve pulled...
    5* cull, void, iwim, ronin. Saturday I put SS to r4. I have 3 r4 gems collecting dust and one science 2016 r4 gem.

I earned over 1.3k units a week right now from arenas. But I’m basically without gold.

I also know I’m not the only one. My ally runs 7x5 and we are near top 30 in aq ranks. I have to make deals with others that have gold to pay my gold donation otherwise I wouldn’t be able to do both donations and rank ups.

So before you go saying that doing arenas constantly will give everyone enough gold, think twice and rephrase it to yourself. 👍
    Jaded said:

DarthPhal said:

I do arenas constantly. 12m in 5* feature, 4m in 4* feature, and 3-4 milestones in the other two. Every round. I’ve been doing arenas for almost 4 years. I sit on 200k gold right now.

5* cull, void, iwim, ronin. Saturday I put SS to r4. I have 3 r4 gems collecting dust and one science 2016 r4 gem.

I earned over 1.3k units a week right now from arenas. But I’m basically without gold.

I also know I’m not the only one. My ally runs 7x5 and we are near top 30 in aq ranks. I have to make deals with others that have gold to pay my gold donation otherwise I wouldn’t be able to do both donations and rank ups.

So before you go saying that doing arenas constantly will give everyone enough gold, think twice and rephrase it to yourself. 👍
    You’re right. What I meant to say is everyone who isn’t running the prohibitively expensive AQ map 5 days a week even though it’s prohibitively expensive. Good catch
    edited September 2019
    DarthPhal said:

Jaded said:

DarthPhal said:

You’re right. What I meant to say is everyone who isn’t running the prohibitively expensive AQ map 5 days a week even though it’s prohibitively expensive. Good catch
    That still translates to a gold problem. Why should alliance quest cost anything at all? Would we all be okay if alliance war cost us resources to run as well?

So poke at what I said as much as you like. There’s one too many flaws in the game and system of gold earning to just say arenas are good enough.

500 gold for a fight win? Sometimes uncollected monthly quest fights are just above 100 gold won per fight. 2,400 gold for a gold crystal? It’s just astonishing that any player can look at these numbers and say everything is fine if you grind arenas.

It’s not. The gold earning system is exactly the same as it was years ago. So the game and the players progress beyond but the gold earning stands still.

But yes, let’s see more players. Like yourself, say it’s okay. Instead of helping a motion to change aspects of the game for the good. Let’s keep it in the Stone Age.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★

You can get lots of gold from playing the game as a whole. Doing quests and arenas
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

DarthPhal said:

Jaded said:

DarthPhal said:

That still translates to a gold problem. Why should alliance quest cost anything at all? Would we all be okay if alliance war cost us resources to run as well?

So poke at what I said as much as you like. There’s one too many flaws in the game and system of gold earning to just say arenas are good enough.

500 gold for a fight win? Sometimes uncollected monthly quest fights are just above 100 gold won per fight. 2,400 gold for a gold crystal? It’s just astonishing that any player can look at these numbers and say everything is fine if you grind arenas.

It’s not. The gold earning system is exactly the same as it was years ago. So the game and the players progress beyond but the gold earning stands still.

But yes, let’s see more players. Like yourself, say it’s okay. Instead of helping a motion to change aspects of the game for the good. Let’s keep it in the Stone Age.
    Gold problem? Open arena crystals. 10k gold out of a 2k crystal. Takes literally a few minutes to get 2k chips.
  • MRMOJO77MRMOJO77 Posts: 215
    I need gold. Could use alot of it... 2 to r5 and 3 to r4 takes alot...
    ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

DarthPhal said:

Jaded said:

DarthPhal said:

Gold problem? Open arena crystals. 10k gold out of a 2k crystal. Takes literally a few minutes to get 2k chips.
    Stupid comment...no I don’t open arena crystals. :trollface: Move along little one.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,406 ★★★★
    I try to get gold from the arena when i have the time, the gold i get is enough for all my rank ups
    I used to hate arena but since leaving and returning to the game I'm grinding a LOT more arena and actually really enjoying it. You get rewards, you get champion practice, you can try out different fight styles...win win win :)
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    All the arena grinding in the world will not be enough for you to keep a decent stash of gold, if you rank up (especially 5*s) all the time. If you don't prioritize your rank ups and you try to take all and every champ to R3, eventually you will hit a wall of gold shortage.

So, in my opinion, the way to keep a decent amount of gold is:

1. Grind a moderate amount of arena each month (not necessarily each week)
    2. Sell excess not-class-specific-to-your-rank-up ISO every week
    3. Prioritize your rank ups to champs that you will actually use for a specific purpose / game-mode
    4. Use class-specific ISO to your rank ups.

And you will be great. Otherwise...