**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Namor insane sp2 dmg - 222k, unawakened 4/55

I'm still quite a new and very proud owner of 5* version of Namor. He is still only at rank 4/55 and unawakened.
I was testing him for a while in a few ROL Wintersoldier fights in a team synergy with OG Magneto, Cyclop blue team, Cap Am IW and Wolverine. I was not running suicidal setup for this testing.
After he gained 2 stacks of furies after 2nd sp3, I was able to reach crazy figures of damage. Almost 222k of dmg done by a single special attack 2 combo hit!
I was lucky as he got crits in all 3 hits of the combo (53k, 56k and 113k), but still I was amazed.
Check this out:
https://youtu.be/_Q3RRewJYVk

@Lagacy has a video in his youtube channel about which science tier champ deals the highest dmg with his special attack. I think when he will deal with mutant tier champs, Namor will win it easily.

Comments

• B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Sunspot will best namor bro. He can crack 400k. Also don’t forget Havok SP3. 300k+

But nice damage. Namor is a solid champ
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

Sunspot will best namor bro. He can crack 400k. Also don’t forget Havok SP3. 300k+

But nice damage. Namor is a solid champ

Also don’t forget that Namor can chain SP3 + SP3 + unblockable SP2 + heavy + unblockable SP2 + SP1 one after the other, all the while raising maybe half a bar of power in the opponent and leaving them stunned and bleeding. I do love using Sunspot though, really enjoy characters with unique playstyles, and that perfect block is always handy :)
  • Branis41Branis41 Posts: 26
    RoninMan said:

It’s easy to reach that kind of damage when you have a mutant crit team + prowess synergy. If you’re using Namor without synergies it’s a lot more difficult to achieve crits with every hit and you won’t hit as hard because you don’t have the prowess synergy. It’s important to focus on more realistic fights. Sure it’s fun to see the big numbers but people post and talk about those big numbers like it’s something achievable in every fight.

Yes, I agree. Of course I used that synergies team to reach the highest number. I know that in real fight it's not realistic to achieve such figures. But it is fun to try different setup when there is nothing to do, I mean no AW and AQ running. It was so far the highest number of damage from a single special attack that I was able to reach so I wanted to share it here.
  • 🤫
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Good luck doing the same in war or act 6...
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Yes, domino can kill WS in 6 hits (search on YouTube), but can you do it in other content... probably not, so this post has no real meaning
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Jee... Tough crowd. You guys are not easily impressed, eh...?
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Thanks for informing Kabam about Namor's sp2 damage.

Here comes a nerf....I bet!
  • Thanks for informing Kabam about Namor's sp2 damage.

I swear I get more tense every day that passes just because kabam can't clear the uncertainty on any potential Namor nerf.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Too_qik said:

Domino is still the best mutant

Or and namor are better imo
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★

I swear I get more tense every day that passes just because kabam can't clear the uncertainty on any potential Namor nerf.
    Do what I did. Cut the spending down by a lot. I used to go crazy on crystals like $500 if that champ was god tier. But I’ve been bitten by the Kabam bug too many times. No more big spending for me
  • Branis41Branis41 Posts: 26

I don't see the reason why KABAM should degrade him. I'm pretty sure, they know about his capabilities. It's nothing extraordinary, there are some champs which deals much higher dmg, like already mentioned Sunspot or Proxima, who can deal 300k+ dmg with her sp2 (I have read somewhere 600k dmg, but I'm not sure with this figure). And what about Ghost , Hyperions sp3 etc...
    And concerning the practical use of Namors damage potential, t's something which you cant use in LoL (50k per hit is limit) or in real fights in AQ or AW. There are champs with much better damage potential.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

Personally I’m not convinced he’s in that much danger of a nerf:

Namor’s main appeal comes from his (maxed) sig ability which allows him to bypass and reflect all forms of interactive damage while he’s attacking. This was what he was designed to do, and I can’t really see this being nerfed as it takes a significant amount of resources to attain (needs max sig for 100% damage reflection), and requires a sufficiently aggressive playstyle (similar in a sense to how Ghost requires the right playstyle to convert DoT into furies).

His damage output can get to some pretty ludicrous levels (especially if you chain specials correctly), but requires a ramp up each time and pretty specific timing to achieve. In more ‘real’ situations like Act 5/6 and AW/AQ, it’s definitely not ideal to do this full ramp up every single time (as others have mentioned), but I’ve found that there’s a much easier and quicker ‘ramp-up’ and special chain which still outputs damage figures which are fantastic but definitely not Cull-level game-breaking in any way.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    RoninMan said:

It’s easy to reach that kind of damage when you have a mutant crit team + prowess synergy. If you’re using Namor without synergies it’s a lot more difficult to achieve crits with every hit and you won’t hit as hard because you don’t have the prowess synergy. It’s important to focus on more realistic fights. Sure it’s fun to see the big numbers but people post and talk about those big numbers like it’s something achievable in every fight.

I agree.

My rule of thumb is: use maximum two synergies to boost the performance of your main champion. That's how much extra you can bring in AW/AQ and what you can reasonably pull from crystals if you're a regular player. Especially if one of the synergy members is meh, most average players can't afford to lose more than one slot on a bad champion. More than two synergies is nice to see on YouTube but it gives people a distorted image of the champion. Do the same vid but this time only CAIW and Beast.