**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

iPad 1st gen crashing

Hello team,
I recently purchased a 1st generation iPad mini, and I was able to install MCOC fine from the app store, but when the game tries to load, it crashes every time. Is there a "work around" for this or, will I have to get another, newer iPad to use?

Thanks!
Strong

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Hello team,
    I recently purchased a 1st generation iPad mini, and I was able to install MCOC fine from the app store, but when the game tries to load, it crashes every time. Is there a "work around" for this or, will I have to get another, newer iPad to use?

Thanks!
    Strong

the first gen ipad mini is an unsupported device as of last June.
  • StronstVngrStronstVngr Posts: 188
    Thanks guys.. I guess I'll start looking for a newer device. What generation is ok to start with? IE: 2nd gen, 5th gen, etc.. I'm using iPad also, not iPhone.

Thanks guys.. I guess I'll start looking for a newer device. What generation is ok to start with? IE: 2nd gen, 5th gen, etc.. I'm using iPad also, not iPhone.

The mini in general is not supported, any ipad past version 3 will work currently, iphone 5+ but this is really minimum, any time you can expect thsoe lower ends to go away.
    Thanks @Lormif 👍
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,597 Guardian
    edited September 2019
    Lormif said:

The mini in general is not supported, any ipad past version 3 will work currently, iphone 5+ but this is really minimum, any time you can expect thsoe lower ends to go away.

Nope, iPad 4th Gen will have problems too (way too slow and laggy). IPad 6th Gen (2018) is fine.

And there is never enough support (likes, and replies) to various threads asking for Option Setting to help lower performance devices (flat non-3D fight backgrounds, no animation backgrounds, etc) for Kabam to think enough people want them to look into doing that.

Lormif said:

Nope, iPad 4th Gen will have problems too (way too slow and laggy). IPad 6th Gen (2018) is fine.

And there is never enough support (likes, and replies) to various threads asking for Option Setting to help lower performance devices (flat non-3D fight backgrounds, no animation backgrounds, etc) for Kabam to think enough people want them to look into doing that.
    slow and laggy is differnt from cashing an unsupported, and I pushed him away from the lower end.
    I actually found a newer iPad in a local pawn shop for two bills. So, I'm good now. 👍
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    My iPad mini 4 run strong and healthy with the game