**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

4* Drop Rates Not As Randomized?

Parodical_Sun1Parodical_Sun1 Posts: 143
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
I have noticed with more newer champions entering the MCOC, that the drop rate pulls are not as “randomized” as thought out to be. Meaning, I have 4* champs where they are at 99 maxed out signatures, but yet most of my newer champs, I have earned fighting in the battle 3 vs 3 arenas. That does not sound like odds of a randomized champ being pulled, just like I have had a 5* champ pull where only older champs were displayed to pull from. I am a F2P player and if not for the long hours fighting in the 3vs3 arenas I would still have maxed out signature champs still getting pulled back to back.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    It is random. No champion has an higher drop rate than other, in the standard regular crystals
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    @will-o-wisp : How is that remotely possible being that the odds of getting the same champ back to back which I mentioned above, to the point of them getting MAXED out signatures is contrary to what you are saying, that I have experienced, yet I am still pulling champs that have been signature maxed out, instead of the odds of getting slightly new and newer champs that I don’t have.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    It's entirely possible with RNG. Happens all the time. Also worth noting that some Champs have been around longer than others, so you'll pull them more based on time available.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Because that's just how RNG works really ... There isn't anything more to say, you open a crystal (lets say, a 4-star crystal) and get a random champion from the selected pool. That champion just happens to be one you already have ...
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    You've been more exposed to the older champs than the newer ones. They aren't in the basic pools when you were progressing. If you look at Seatins most recent free to play roster of his 4* you'll see that is is random and you're just looking for something out of nothing to justify bad luck
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    4 out of my last 5 four stars crystals were green goblin so, is pure random
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    You can flip a coin 100 times and hand it land on heads 99 times. Seems impossible but there's a probability of that happening. Same with crystals. We look at the percentages, but we should be looking at probabilities. Problem with that is most people can't understand probability so we use an inferior and less accurate percentage based system instead.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Yet again, someone describing what they think "should" happen, and the thing they described would be decidedly NOT random.

Random does not mean evenly distributed.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    ItsDamien said:

You can flip a coin 100 times and hand it land on heads 99 times. Seems impossible but there's a probability of that happening. Same with crystals. We look at the percentages, but we should be looking at probabilities. Problem with that is most people can't understand probability so we use an inferior and less accurate percentage based system instead.

A coin only have two sides on it but then again flipping a coin 99 times an getting heads 99 out of the 100 times it is toss, is a small margin percentage not a highly probability normal like drawing a pull from over 12 dozen characters and getting the same one more then 5 times.
  • Options
    GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 269

ItsDamien said:

A coin only have two sides on it but then again flipping a coin 99 times an getting heads 99 out of the 100 times it is toss, is a small margin percentage not a highly probability normal like drawing a pull from over 12 dozen characters and getting the same one more then 5 times.
    the percentage is the same, the probabilty decreases flipp after flipp.
  • Options
    still remains 50/50, it’s not cumulative.
  • Options
    Fugitive21Fugitive21 Posts: 221
    In all honesty they need to start stripping or retiring characters out of the pool. Anything OG should be in a crystal on it own.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

In all honesty they need to start stripping or retiring characters out of the pool. Anything OG should be in a crystal on it own.

You mean there should be a featured crystal for 4*? I'd be okay with that.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

100 flipps is not enough to see a standard distribution, you need 1000 flips atleast from a random pool of flippers. You are describing anecdotal results, you are ignoring that there are thousands or 10s of thousands of people flipping that coin at the same time. Their results balance out yours.