If I use a VPN for on my phone, will I get banned?

jdale57jdale57 Member Posts: 11
I use a VPN on my phone, but it obviously will show my location at the server location and not my actual location. If this could cause a ban on me for when I turn it off, that would be absurd. I would like to hear from a mod, if using my VPN will cause this?

Comments

• Its_RohaNIts_RohaN Member Posts: 68
    Good question @kabam mike plz respond
  • RentonXDRentonXD Member Posts: 132
    Guess it will still send your device guid and that would be the same as when you normally play.
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Member Posts: 347 ★★
    This. VPN isn't illegal and while it does mask your position, it doesn't interfere with the game by any means. Should I avoid using it while playing?
  • jdale57jdale57 Member Posts: 11
    True, but if they were basing it off of your GUID then a lot of users would be banned just for switching between lets say a droid and a tablet (iphone and ipad).
  • jdale57jdale57 Member Posts: 11
    That's my question @Fel_95 since I use it in my everyday life, should I be turning it off when I play? Which is slightly annoying to have to do.

@Kabam Miike
  • Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Moderator Posts: 8,269
    Hey Guys!

So, we're not going to discuss the methods on which we determine who is violating our terms of service. But, believe me when I say that if you are playing legitimately, you're safe.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Member Posts: 732 ★★★
    tk0o0tr6csvk.jpg
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Member Posts: 347 ★★
    Hey Guys!

So, we're not going to discuss the methods on which we determine who is violating our terms of service. But, believe me when I say that if you are playing legitimately, you're safe.

If you don't discuss how we can avoid breaking ToS, how can we avoid doing that accidentally? If you say "using VPN might get you banned", we'll avoid it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,298 Guardian
    Fel_95 wrote: »
    Hey Guys!

If you don't discuss how we can avoid breaking ToS, how can we avoid doing that accidentally? If you say "using VPN might get you banned", we'll avoid it.

They're not going to discuss the specific things they do to detect account sharing or cheats because if they do someone can simply cheat while avoiding doing those things. All forms of detection aside from idiot admissions are indirect methods of detection and can theoretically be evaded.

They've said in the past, several times if I recall correctly, that the use of VPNs is not against the TOS. Mistakes happen of course, but as a forensic analyst I can tell the difference between someone using a VPN and someone's access credentials being compromised and used by other people.