**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

CHAMPION BUG REPORT – Taskmaster FYDG

Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
Description of Bug: Taskmaster’s passive Photographic Reflexes ability is not correctly reducing his opponent’s Ability Accuracy. His Champion Spotlight reads:

Passive – Photographic Reflexes
• Each Unique Attack your opponent attempts decreases their Offensive Ability Accuracy by 10%, while increasing your Perfect Block Chance by the same amount.
• Each Unique Attack you make decreases your Opponent’s Defensive Ability Accuracy by 10%.
• Being Struck by a Special Attack resets both of these abilities’ effects.

Sentinel has taught us what is meant by the term “Unique Attack”. Unique attacks are as follows:

Light Attack
Medium Attack
Heavy Attack
Special 1
Special 2
Special 3

It’s reasonable to assume that in any sufficiently long fight (like ROL fights, for example), that each of the first 5 Unique Attacks are used pretty regularly. If this is the case, the opponent’s Offensive Ability Accuracy should be reduced by 10% x 5, or 50%. This would mean that in a fight with Void, Intimidating Presence (IP) debuffs would have a 50% chance to fail after throwing these 5 unique attacks.

We know that Void’s IP debuffs are affected by Ability Accuracy reduction as Domino can be a real threat to Void in AW if not played correctly. If Void is unlucky, there is a 50% chance his IP debuff or even Fear of the Void won’t trigger. This of course assumes that his IP debuffs are Offensive Abilities. If they aren’t, there’s a different discussion to be had, but the point about Taskmaster stands.
During a recent Duel Challenge, the goal was to get the most Parries against a specific Void duel target. This led to many very long battles with Void using Taskmaster. In reviewing the videos, I noticed that unless Void had a Concussion debuff on him (which carries its own Ability Accuracy Reduction), Void NEVER failed to place an IP debuff despite the description stating it should have a 50% chance to fail thanks to Photographic Reflexes. Given that this was repeated in many videos over some very long fights, I’d say there’s reasonable cause to believe Photographic Reflexes is bugged. One such video is below, but it’s not the only one I watched to test this bug.

If you watch the video but you’re unfamiliar with Taskmaster’s abilities, note that once Tasmaster has 10 debuffs placed on him during a fight, he becomes debuff immune. This means that after around 100 or so hits into the fight, IP debuffs will no longer trigger. This is not a function of Photographic Reflexes, rather a result of his “Learn the Foe” Passive ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZyocISEMmk&authuser=0

Device and Version: iPhone XR
Device Operating System: iOS 12.1.2
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Cellular or Wifi: Both
Game Version Installed: 21.2
Game Mode: Duels
Champions Affected: Taskmaster
Active Boosts: None

Comments

• Options
    Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    I ranked my Taskmaster for ability accuracy reduction from this and have found it not working as well, so would really like to get this fixed
  • Options
    Hey there, Taskmaster's Photographic Reflexes can decrease Offensive Ability accuracy and Defensive Ability accuracy but Void's Intimidating Presence isn't either of those. To put it simply, Offensive Ability accuracy is applied when performing hits, while Defensive Abilities accuracy applies when being struck in some way. Void's Intimidating Presence doesn't fall into either category and so would only be affected by general ability accuracy reductions, like those that you mentioned from Domino. Hope that helps clear things up!
  • Options
    That was very helpful @Kabam Zibiit . Thank you.
  • Options
    theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    So this was the firs post about Taskmaster is being bugged right. I can understand that voids IP debuffs are not related with offensive ability accuracy, being struck by special makes taskmasters photographic reflexes refresh, so Inflicting IP debuffs through his sp1 doesn’t count too. Because that would be an offensive ability.

That being said, people are starting to learn about how bugged taskmaster is. Yes photographic reflex ability is not working as stated. So I’m here to ask @Kabam Zibiit you have such a wonderful fast response reflexes when it comes to answer the easy question. I’m really impressed by that. But when the right question is asked, your reflexes just might be bugged, like taskmasters; because HIS UNIQUE ATTACKS ARE NOT REDUCING OPPONENTS DEFENSIVE ABILITY ACCURACY.

People are talking about this Issue getting shadow banned, my posts are not even seen in the bugs and known issues. Seriously, what is wrong? Is this kabams weak spot or something? That they are so unwillingly fix a champ they created, and compensate their player base because of their mistake? What’s the deal here?

• Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★

So this was the firs post about Taskmaster is being bugged right. I can understand that voids IP debuffs are not related with offensive ability accuracy, being struck by special makes taskmasters photographic reflexes refresh, so Inflicting IP debuffs through his sp1 doesn’t count too. Because that would be an offensive ability.

That being said, people are starting to learn about how bugged taskmaster is. Yes photographic reflex ability is not working as stated. So I’m here to ask @Kabam Zibiit you have such a wonderful fast response reflexes when it comes to answer the easy question. I’m really impressed by that. But when the right question is asked, your reflexes just might be bugged, like taskmasters; because HIS UNIQUE ATTACKS ARE NOT REDUCING OPPONENTS DEFENSIVE ABILITY ACCURACY.

People are talking about this Issue getting shadow banned, my posts are not even seen in the bugs and known issues. Seriously, what is wrong? Is this kabams weak spot or something? That they are so unwillingly fix a champ they created, and compensate their player base because of their mistake? What’s the deal here?

And you had to revive an old post to say that???
  • Options
    @theMercenary

This thread didn't get to the heart of this issue. This thread ultimate came down to how Void's abilities are classified...whether they're Offensive Abilities, Defensive Abilities, or just plain old abilities.

However, you're correct that Taskmaster is bugged. His Photographic Reflexes ability is bugged and will hopefully be fixed soon. It was listed in the Known Issues thread on 5/16/2020.

Additionally, you can find videos and more details on the bug here:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/196097/taskmaster-is-broken-and-needs-to-be-normalized
  • Options

And you had to revive an old post to say that???
    This is not a revive of an old post. This is directly related with taskmasters bug. And it’s also related with moderations playing 3 monkeys here. 🙈🙉🙊

I’m telling this again; if this was the issue about Ægon or Nick fury, we all would see a hotfix before the monthly update. But just because Taskmaster is not so popular among the community, this problem is being ignored. That being said I’m asking for a righteous compensation IF they can’t fix him. Honestly I rather their fix instead of being compensated because I love this champ.

I am not being pessimist here, I believe, I wanna believe that if they take this serious it will be fixed soon enough.
  • Options

@theMercenary

This thread didn't get to the heart of this issue. This thread ultimate came down to how Void's abilities are classified...whether they're Offensive Abilities, Defensive Abilities, or just plain old abilities.

However, you're correct that Taskmaster is bugged. His Photographic Reflexes ability is bugged and will hopefully be fixed soon. It was listed in the Known Issues thread on 5/16/2020.

Additionally, you can find videos and more details on the bug here:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/196097/taskmaster-is-broken-and-needs-to-be-normalized

Trust me man, I’m almost memorized that bug, not just at practicing with debuff immune safe guard rhino, but in content itself. Spideys evading, autoblocks triggering... imagine that blades danger sense is not shutting down opponents abilities. We all would go crazy..