**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

T5CC issue

RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
What happens to those who used the t2A to rank up champs? Before resources are removed

Comments

• IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    They'll get to keep them most likely. Welcome to the show.
  • They will be ranked down and the item will be removed. You'll be given the chance to purchase the offers again as soon as we have finished the refund process.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

They will be ranked down and the item will be removed. You'll be given the chance to purchase the offers again as soon as we have finished the refund process.

That is actually good news, but, why couldn't the same be done on those people that used the 2015 rankup gem on the wrong champs? That wasn't fair either, yet, at the time it was said it couldn't be done.
  • Mars___Mars___ Posts: 87 ★★
    @SparkAlot lol... what a timing :smile:
  • I'm glad this is being undone since it's not available for everyone, and I fully agree this just highlights the insanity of the 2015 gem 0.008% fiasco. I'm still upset about that.
  • SparkAlot said:

They will be ranked down and the item will be removed. You'll be given the chance to purchase the offers again as soon as we have finished the refund process.

That is actually good news, but, why couldn't the same be done on those people that used the 2015 rankup gem on the wrong champs? That wasn't fair either, yet, at the time it was said it couldn't be done.

The scale of the issue is different. This is not an easy thing to do, and will take some serious time and effort, but it affected a very small group of Summoners.
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    roughly 0.008%
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    edited March 2019

SparkAlot said:

The scale of the issue is different. This is not an easy thing to do, and will take some serious time and effort, but it affected a very small group of Summoners.
    Time and effort should have been put into the 2015 gem issue as well.
  • GottesfurchtGottesfurcht Posts: 14
    I did Act 6 and I bought the t5cc offer. I have just 24 hours to buy the offer after exploration act 6 for rank up 5* from 4 to 5. Will I get back the units during the next 21 hours?
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    edited March 2019

SparkAlot said:

THe frustration I have on this issue is very high. I formed a full t5 science and I opened my own thread and was advised by @Kabam Miike to contact Support. I contact support on what Miike is describing as related to a "very small group of summoners" only to receive a response from Kabam Support that says

We would first like to thank you for taking the time to submit your concern to us. We are currently experiencing a large number of contacts regarding this specific issue, and so we may be unable to answer you individually. With that being said we did want to let you know that we are currently investigating your concern. As soon as we have an update you will be among the first to know. In the meantime, if you have any concerns or questions regarding a separate matter then please feel free to submit another case to us, and we would be more than happy to look into that for you.

so which is it.... there's tons of us or theres a handful of us?
  • webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192

SparkAlot said:

i found this very self-contradictory.
    1. you admit that it is totally possible for you to reverse any rank up decision.
    2. you claim that the 2015 rank-up gem affected only a small number of summoners, much smaller than the people being affected by today's offer
    3. you are able to reverse the rank up decision today so quickly
    4. given that the number of people concerned in 2015 rank-up gem was actually smaller than today as you claimed, shouldn't we logically conclude that it should be actually easier for you to reverse the decision back then?
    5. however, you state that it would take some serious time and effort to reverse the 2015 rank-up decision. Why is that? because from all your statements, it should be easier to do so, as you only need to reverse for a small number of people, unlike today.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I think this just clearly illustrates how Kabam picks and chooses which problems to address. It’s very clear they could’ve solved the 2015 rank up fiasco but instead decided to let the exploit go and let the summoners take advantage.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Totally possible doesn't indicate the amount of work involved. That amount of work you have to weigh against the overall effect of what's happened. A small handful of people Ranking some Champs that came out after 2015 is not the same as End-Game Resources being overly-released and adding R5 5*s and R2 6*s into the game. The effect is much more damaging and shifts the overall balance a great deal more.
    battleone said:

SparkAlot said:

THe frustration I have on this issue is very high. I formed a full t5 science and I opened my own thread and was advised by @Kabam Miike to contact Support. I contact support on what Miike is describing as related to a "very small group of summoners" only to receive a response from Kabam Support that says

We would first like to thank you for taking the time to submit your concern to us. We are currently experiencing a large number of contacts regarding this specific issue, and so we may be unable to answer you individually. With that being said we did want to let you know that we are currently investigating your concern. As soon as we have an update you will be among the first to know. In the meantime, if you have any concerns or questions regarding a separate matter then please feel free to submit another case to us, and we would be more than happy to look into that for you.

so which is it.... there's tons of us or theres a handful of us?
    it's expected, kabam always contradicts itself. it's funny that we now have to cross-examine every single of their shameless lies.

Totally possible doesn't indicate the amount of work involved. That amount of work you have to weigh against the overall effect of what's happened. A small handful of people Ranking some Champs that came out after 2015 is not the same as End-Game Resources being overly-released and adding R5 5*s and R2 6*s into the game. The effect is much more damaging and shifts the overall balance a great deal more.

so in a sugar-coated way, you actually just admitted and agreed with what everyone else has been saying - Kabam doesn't actually care about fairness; they create their own double standard as to what they should care.

and we can also conclude that they are lazy, as they are too lazy to fix their own problems. And they will only do so when it concerns their money.
  • edited March 2019
    @Kabam Miike
    Could it be finished within 24 hours? Because I need those units to buy 12K units deal after 6.1 completion.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    webtswx said:

so in a sugar-coated way, you actually just admitted and agreed with what everyone else has been saying - Kabam doesn't actually care about fairness; they create their own double standard as to what they should care.

and we can also conclude that they are lazy, as they are too lazy to fix their own problems. And they will only do so when it concerns their money.
    That's not what I said at all. I said you have to examine the overall effect and determine if it's worth the time and effort. It takes a great deal of manual work to take Champs down in this case. When you look at the overall effect of one compared to the other, having R5 5*s and R2 6*s come into the game at an accelerated pace shifts the entire system, from the economy, all the way down to the Arena. When you're talking about people taking Champs from R3 to R4, or R2 to R3, that has less of an effect. Especially when it's literally the same Ranking, with a different pool of the same Rarity.
    I can build a Barn. I don't own hay or livestock, so it's not worth my time and effort. If Noah's Ark crashed into my backyard, that would make it worth my time and effort. It might be unfair that some animals don't have a home in the world, but I'm not about to build a Barn anyway.
This discussion has been closed.