**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Iceman 5*

BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
I recently ranked him to rank 3. How is he in relation to other champions? Where is he best used?

Comments

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    Everywhere lol
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

Everywhere lol

Everywhere lol

Really! Very nice!
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★

Everywhere lol

Everywhere lol

Really! Very nice!
    Yes i use him alot and especially r4 he is a beast
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    Dude he is one of the best champs in the game! Good decision by ranking him up.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

I recently ranked him to rank 3. How is he in relation to other champions? Where is he best used?

Iceman has had a bit of an up and down reputation. When he first came out, he was considered one of the best champs in the game. Triple immune, evade counter, SP3 counter, pretty good damage. Over time, many felt that other newer champs were better overall, champs like Corvus, Medusa, Domino, and Ghost. But I think he's catching his second wind as newer content starts throwing nodes like biohazard at us. Iceman is very versatile overall and that versatility seems to me to be increasingly valuable as time marches on and content gets more tricky to deal with.

Admittedly I used attack boosts, but my 4/55 Iceman was able to take down the Act 6.1.5 biohazard arc overload Crossbones boss that gives a lot of people problems. At 5/65 he probably wouldn't have needed the boosts at all. So I think you're going to be getting a lot of use from him for a long time to come.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    He's easily worth R4, even if unduped. Having his immunities is invaluable, especially against Xbones as DNA said above. I use mine in AQ Map 5 to handle the immunities paths, but also helped a ton against Human Torch in this month's EQ since he's incinerate immune.

His standard 5-hit combo attack is a bit on the low side (so I don't use him much for general questing), but his damage output is supplemented by his coldsnap and his frostbites. You get damage boosts if you use a heavy attack with several frostbite snaps, and also if you use an SP2 as frostbites expire.
  • Congrats! His Ice Armor can let him take some big hits that other Champions may have a harder time with, so he can be a good option for opponents who can get to their SP3 quickly. His Coldsnap can also prevent opponents from Evading attacks, so if you can keep chaining SP1s together, he can be a good option against opponents who are reliant on those Evades.
  • KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    He's my next 5* to go to Rank 4. He's the only 5* champ I have that's duped. And he's amazing. As others have said, he's very versatile, good for a lot of content.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Thank you all for the comments! They are very helpful especially I am a progressing player who is still working through Act 4, RTTL, and both back issues.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    edited April 2019
    You will not regret it. I am a heavy Iceman user. Triple Immune, Ice Armor, and Coldsnap make him a mainstay in my AW attack team. Just ranked mine 5/65 this month.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    My 4* Iceman is my third maxed 4* champion. He's just so good in so many situations. But he is reliant on his coldsnap and frostbite charges for his damage output, so Human Torch is a bad match-up.