**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Avengers, Assemble! "Quest for the Stones" and "Save the Battlerealm" Events are coming!

Comments

• Kingjay43Kingjay43 Posts: 2
    What's wrong with chapter two in quest for the stones in master
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    Nothing has changed, still the same BS as before. I just tried master again, it's the same as it's always been.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    Why couldn't they make an announcement on here and tell us what the changed? Everything still looks the same, its recommended 8000 for master and epic. Who in their right mind would have an OG avenger ranked that high?
  • Hey there everyone, the changes to the Save the Battlerealm Quest will be going out soon. We'll update everyone here as soon as they go live.
  • adknight27adknight27 Posts: 45
    Any advice for the MODOK in this quest, I heavy him, yet he still autoblocks everything
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★

Any advice for the MODOK in this quest, I heavy him, yet he still autoblocks everything

Yes wait for the fix that lowers the difficulty.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Can’t wait for the change because it is not even a consideration to attempt master and epic

Just checked out epic. Very big difference.
  • For anyone who hasn't seen, these changes to Master and Epic have been pushed live to everyone now. You may want to restart your app in order to see them. Thanks to everyone for being patient while we worked to get these changes into the game.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

Hey there everyone, the changes to the Save the Battlerealm Quest will be going out soon. We'll update everyone here as soon as they go live.

Nice, but, this really has us wondering, why wasn't this picked up by the testers? It seems that if anyone would have actually tried, they would have seen things are way more difficult, if not impossible for 95% of the player base, or something changed at the last minute?
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

For anyone who hasn't seen, these changes to Master and Epic have been pushed live to everyone now. You may want to restart your app in order to see them. Thanks to everyone for being patient while we worked to get these changes into the game.

Congrats. This brings the event from an F to an D-. Massive improvement!!!
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Also these "reward" crystals are the biggest slap in the face. Thanks for 20K gold, 3k 4* shards and some 4* sig stones in 6 crystals. That's really gonna get me far ahead 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • IJsmutsIJsmuts Posts: 107
    Yes, only thing Kabam needs to do now is buff those crystals and return all spent shards
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    Opened 6 crystals got 10k gold some 4* shards and some 4* sig stones. Terrible rewards. I feel bad for the guys who spent units to 100% this. Thank you for reducing difficulty but this was a very poorly planned event.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    I'm a little peed off that I ranked up Champs when in the end because they nerfed the difficulty i didnt need too, I'll live i suppose but i could have done with those resources for the void i just pulled lol
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

I'm a little peed off that I ranked up Champs when in the end because they nerfed the difficulty i didnt need too, I'll live i suppose but i could have done with those resources for the void i just pulled lol

Same here I rank cap to r3 5* just to make it a little easier, now it’s a complete waste of resources.

This whole month is just a monumental failure, last month the side event had us rolling in 5* shards, t5b and 6* shards, this month it’s gold, t4b and 4*shards. It’s like we’ve turned back the clock 24 months.

I thought kabam had learned to remove rng from side events, last months guaranteed bounty over previous incarnations rng based effort was great but now this month back to rng based crystals. People need to be rewarded equally for these events.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Any idea what the package for running the quest pre-adjustment will look like? Will it be tiered based on progress or just a basket of items for everyone who played/completed/explored it?

Thanks in advance.

Dr. Zola
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    I agree with most of guys here who say this event underwhelms.

I would rather earn intel or whatnot to get a five star awakening gem crystal than a next to nothing chance at one. This aggravates the whole sentiment of the backlash.

I would still rage and rant, but still, item earned nonetheless. Rather than clear content and cross fingers I dont get the finger from spinning last stand crystals.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Beyond00_ said:

This event still doesn't make sense.

What doesn't make sense about it? Collect a stone, complete another path. Except now you can complete the whole thing without waiting for the rest of the stones.
  • Surfin_silverSurfin_silver Posts: 23

Almost sounds like a marketing strategy...lol

Plot twist, mcoc is actually a marketing game that kabaam is playing and we are the “champions”

• Ph03n1xQcPh03n1xQc Posts: 1
    edited May 2019
    The rewards are to much random to get from too often bs (unless you are a player with few 4-5*) to rarely good stuff useful to long time player like many of us like t2 alpha or t5 basics or even 5* shards.
    The price before the downgrade has been by far too heavy in units and objects.
    Better get a good compensation for that especially during the TOP MOVIE event from the last 4 years.
  • Dixienormas2000Dixienormas2000 Posts: 72
    Why didnt they just put a greater greater crystal for 20k shards that just gave 5* or 6* shards, t2as or t5bc shards
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Why didnt they just put a greater greater crystal for 20k shards that just gave 5* or 6* shards, t2as or t5bc shards

Having seen the adjusted difficulty, I believe the original intent was for this event to have moderate difficulty with moderate rewards so a large percentage of the players would be able to get most of the rewards. And then they missed their difficulty mark by an almost astronomical level.

The devs didn't just wake up and realize they made the event too hard, nor did they suddenly get swayed by forum posts regarding the difficulty. That's just not how game devs in general and this dev team in particular work. Historical evidence demonstrates they are a data driven dev team much like most are. Given the sudden downgrade in difficulty and the huge amount of the downgrade, my conclusion is that they saw the game data and saw a huge amount of player event failures and/or a lot of giving up on the event - player disengagement due to difficulty. Those numbers must have been almost scarily high: I would guess they started off very high, and then got even worse when the second stone was far weaker than the first one.

That's the sort of thing that compels devs to make changes. It is almost certainly what compelled them to nerf the Sentinels in AQ, two weeks after they were added. My feeling is that difficulty for the top two tiers of the event has been slashed by between 65% and 80% overall. That's a gigantic reduction, and it suggests the completion rate for this event should be really high, far higher than I think we all know it actually is.