**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Time for Jessica Jones to be in the game

Hey Kabam i think its time we get her as a playable character. I think she would be awesome. All the other defenders are in.
Some real nice synergies could be created for the whole team

Comments

• Bajan_SamuraiBajan_Samurai Posts: 107
    For sure, I guess some Marvel/Netflix friction at the time made them prioritize other champs over making Jessica Jones playable but I already could imagine a good set of abilities for her that would make her function as a tank (well timed blocks and block charging to add and enhance damage resistance charges as a Science | Defensive: Tank type and specials to convert them to enhanced attack power as I described here)

Misty Knight would also be a good addition to give us at least a team of 5 Defenders (if we're not counting Punisher and Elektra, the OG DD or Kingpin) but for sure Jess's character is already designed and was added to the game as a story element/non-playable character.

I just worry that they'd skip over this month and then wouldn't be compelled to add her again. Obviously with her season 3 actually coming out during their slate covering Sue Richards and Namor, I suspect they don't intend to in June. They don't often release more than 2 champs in regular months.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    They aren't going to add the Netflix Defenders at this stage; which is a shame.

I wouldn't vote for Jessica Jones, though - they could have had far more fun seeing what Colleen Wing could do with the Iron Fist...

• Bajan_SamuraiBajan_Samurai Posts: 107
    Ghosty64 said:

Jessica Jones is a pretty bland character
    Wouldn’t really want her in the game

I can see why she could be considered bland so I'm not disputing that at all (certain champs aren't for everybody and the Netflix version of her isn't high action); I merely think she'd be worth adding because of the possibilities with her powers. A chance to use new mechanisms to achieve variations on some of the abilities already in the game (high damage reducing champs like Gwenpool, Luke Cage & Killmonger) without needing to build that champ from scratch (since they've already made the character model).

My thoughts were to
    • Use well-timed blocks to set up passive protective charges
    • Use block charging to make them stronger over time
    • Use specials to consume some to boost attack for a period of time
    • Otherwise when hit, each is consumed per hit taken reducing damage taken by some percentage depending on how many charges (up to 3 sets of 5) are amped up (anywhere between 9% and 99%)
    She's also got synergy potential (e.g. with direct ties to Luke, P.I. role like Howard) that the game team can use to spruce others up even more. I went over them in more detail here and covered ability ideas for Colleen Wing too, whose Netflix version I'd like to see added with Misty Knight's comic-based version. Disregard how they were portrayed in the Iron Fist series @Ghosty64, this is all about the abilities and inter-connectivity (think about how bland Iron Fist is, but he predates the show as a cool, classic, kung-fu character that inspired 2 versions in-game - these transcend any underwhelming short-lived TV depictions - also, Medusa: awesome in-game, The Inhumans: not-so-awesome in their show)
    Ghosty64 said:

They aren't going to add the Netflix Defenders at this stage; which is a shame.

I wouldn't vote for Jessica Jones, though - they could have had far more fun seeing what Colleen Wing could do with the Iron Fist...
    ...She was also a lame character tho

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    it would be great to have such an iconic character with a rich tapestry of source material to draw from and would surely bring delight to marvel fans everywhere.
  • Hey there, appreciate the suggestions. If you have ideas for new Champions you'd like to see added to the game, be sure to share them in the character wishlist thread.