Just finished 6.2...

Karatemike415Karatemike415 Member, Administrator, Content Creators Posts: 724 Content Creator
Usually - Kabam releases something, and I want to 100% explore it as soon as possible.

I 100% uncollected EQ every month the first day it's out - it's one of my favorite ways to play the game.

I finished Variant 2 in less than a week. (Variant 1... eh not so quick.. lol)

My first path of LOL and my final path were 10 days apart.

More relevant - I 100% Act 6.1 without feeling overwhelmed in about 1-2 weeks.

This is the first time after an initial clear of content that I want to delete the app and never think about it again. The past 2 months, I just don't know what Kabam has been doing. Just so ridiculous and upsetting.
And let me tell you something, I've been "hoarding my Itunes/Swagbucks Credit" and limiting what I spend so that I could spend on 4th of July - but to be honest, this just turned me off to the whole idea of spending money on this game.
So from a marketing/business standpoint? Kabam just lost out on a decent amount of money from a loyal customer.

I'm aware that most people won't even get the chance to have this same experience, since if they don't have an awakened Medusa or a Heimdall/Angela they won't be getting past the second quest.

Comments

• Scrubkiller_1Scrubkiller_1 Member Posts: 146
    I'm not quite as advanced as you are, but in a very similar state when it comes to my current mindset, money spent (maybe), and overall view of recent content. I think the icing on the cake was the lie (until addressed i guess) about the PI of champs in Act 6. When a company misinforms their customer base to such a degree (with an easily fixable mistake mind you), it's rather unfortunate... even if it is a mistake. Nonetheless, love the base game mechanics, very poor implementation as of late. Spent 18 revives with my r3 5* hype thinking thatd be the big challenge of 6.2... then i saw that all the other champs have the same hp and dmg of the sinister boss XD. Oh well, same boat... hope things change/get fixed. Best of luck!
    It's really not about the level of challenge itself, it's about how it's implemented and the ability for players (at said level of content) to complete said content with a reasonable amount of effort and resources. My biggest gripe is probably the * restrictions as they only limit synergies for the most part.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,534 ★★★★★
    AlexG29 said:

The restrictions are absolutely silly. Nothing has road blocked me personally yet, but I just don't get it. Let people play

The point of progress gates is to separate demographics based on progress. This is done for several reasons. Speculation, but one of those could possibly be to control the release of Resources needed to R3 a 6*. What this does is maintain balance when they are released into the system. There is a challenge factor involved, but more so it's a way to separate levels of progress.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Member Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    @Karatemike415 I fully agree with you. I had 10 energy refills waiting to complete today, but this is not fun at all. Having a Global Incinerate node? Come on, that’s just not fun. Add the gates, biohazard lane (Iceman only basically), and boss that can only be taken down by 3-4 champs (unless you have Heimdall synergy), all of which are not Incinerate immune themselves.

I am usually excited about clearing new content, but going over the maps and seeing the nodes has me frustrated. I guess I will take my time on this one.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Member Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    @kryer79

Ouch.. Yeah, I'm nowhere near your guys' level of play, but I keep up with new content on Seatin's channel and that Champion fight is just stupid. Looks like the fun factor in this game's future may be going down the toilet, in place of content that restricts as much summoners as possible.
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Member Posts: 275 ★★
    I personally think it's ridiculous that people with 4* Heimdells can not access him for synergy purposes and yet those that have him as 5/6* use him solely for that.
    It's an unfair alienation of a large demographic & it's made even worse considering that getting champs is RNG based.
  • BboychoboBboychobo Member Posts: 249 ★★
    I also think since they constantly introduce harder contest yet our champs are maxed and we cnt make them any stronger maybe some more mastery point would help and encourage us !!! just a thought !!!!
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 6,090 ★★★★★
    U shouldn't jump on people they dont really have to be at 6.2 to know there are live streams so please actually see if hes seen streams or vids before judging and 6.2.2 yes u just need a champ with fury or poison immune but u can just easily wait on that champ dont have to cry about it I'm stuck at 6.2.2 also but not crying about it to me it's fun of a challenge u need to make sure u have a counter for the incenerate on the path for boss u need either hiemdall with angela/hela synergy for fury and use quake or gulk for a easy kill or hype or medusa with revives if u dont like waiting then dont bother whining about u need specfic counters theres loads of bosses in act 6 that require a certain champ but eventually u will get that counter
  • KyrkantKyrkant Member Posts: 92

Usually - Kabam releases something, and I want to 100% explore it as soon as possible.

I 100% uncollected EQ every month the first day it's out - it's one of my favorite ways to play the game.

I finished Variant 2 in less than a week. (Variant 1... eh not so quick.. lol)

My first path of LOL and my final path were 10 days apart.

More relevant - I 100% Act 6.1 without feeling overwhelmed in about 1-2 weeks.

This is the first time after an initial clear of content that I want to delete the app and never think about it again. The past 2 months, I just don't know what Kabam has been doing. Just so ridiculous and upsetting.
    And let me tell you something, I've been "hoarding my Itunes/Swagbucks Credit" and limiting what I spend so that I could spend on 4th of July - but to be honest, this just turned me off to the whole idea of spending money on this game.
    So from a marketing/business standpoint? Kabam just lost out on a decent amount of money from a loyal customer.

I'm aware that most people won't even get the chance to have this same experience, since if they don't have an awakened Medusa or a Heimdall/Angela they won't be getting past the second quest.

Quake that Mr Sinister!!!!!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,534 ★★★★★

Shame on all who have jumped down Grounded's throat. This is an open forum and EVERYONE is free to comment.

For those of you who are sports fans, I bet no-one commenting here is a professional athlete, yet still criticise and comment on the performance of sports teams, despite having no direct experience of playing at that level.

So Grounded is welcome to comment on the same basis. Let's keep the forums friendly and helpful.

People don't even read the context of what I said before they come with the same retort. "Can't sit with us.".
    I'm going to speak either way. I talked about the purpose of progress gates. You don't need any experience whatsoever to understand the game design. I do have game experience, but where I'm at literally has nothing to do with what I said. Just the usual trying to push me out of a conversation. Didn't have time for bullies when I was a kid. I don't now.
    Let's not get offtrack, there are a number of issues that have been brought up in this thread concerning 6.2 and it's various challenges/flaws/PI increases. Please, civil speech if you can, I really do want to see at least some of these issues/points addressed :).
  • MjolinarMjolinar Member Posts: 157 ★★
    If you don’t like what he says just don’t respond to his comments. If you don’t feed it, he is just spouting off to himself. Keep the threads alive, not the trolls
  • ClydaniaClydania Member Posts: 440 ★★
    Reminds me of the time in spider-man unlimited where they added a level based restriction for you to progress further in levels. Even if you were skilled enough to pass all of the upcoming levels, you had to meet a certain level first which meant playing the game loads and using energy (which was on a timer)
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Member Posts: 180
    I actually think the globals of 6.2 are better done than 6.1. Other than the sinister and the champion boss, the rest of the content look rather enjoyable. I'm going to have a nice featured 5 star crystal and 6 star crystal opening from the rewards by the time weekend arrives.
  • Dose_ResponsiveDose_Responsive Member Posts: 150

Shame on all who have jumped down Grounded's throat. This is an open forum and EVERYONE is free to comment.

For those of you who are sports fans, I bet no-one commenting here is a professional athlete, yet still criticise and comment on the performance of sports teams, despite having no direct experience of playing at that level.

So Grounded is welcome to comment on the same basis. Let's keep the forums friendly and helpful.

People don't even read the context of what I said before they come with the same retort. "Can't sit with us.".
    I'm going to speak either way. I talked about the purpose of progress gates. You don't need any experience whatsoever to understand the game design. I do have game experience, but where I'm at literally has nothing to do with what I said. Just the usual trying to push me out of a conversation. Didn't have time for bullies when I was a kid. I don't now.
    Absolutely I agree with that. Sorry if my post insinuated otherwise 🙂.