**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

if Colossus is getting a rework then Unstoppable Colossus should do too

if Colossus is getting a rework then Unstoppable Colossus should do too, the only advantage of UC(Unstoppable Colossus), is very minima, for a premium character it should be just a little better.

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    Kabam has said only Colossus (plus OML) will get a update next month. They've said UC won't get a update/buff in the nearest future
  • MattPartMattPart Posts: 69
    They will probably improve him eventually but I would not count for this year, he was not even in the poll. In terms of abilities he is closer to Juggernaut than to Colossus and Juggernaut was not in the poll either. His moves are the same as Colossus moves, but we don't really know if those will change at all.
  • BasslineZombieBasslineZombie Posts: 14
    Synergy buff
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    I think that if Kabam were to give UC a small rework alongside the Colossus and OML rework, I'd just like to see something small, like adding one of Colossus' new immunities, or just generally SOMETHING SMALL to buff the Colossus side of Unstoppable Colossus.
    But yeah I can understand what people like Zibit are saying. Just be happy that they're buffing Colossus...
    (oh gosh they're killing our memes though... who are we going to meme once they're all revamped???)
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    Dude unstoppable colossus, as a premium character, should just have both of juggernauts
    and collusus abilities
    Am I right people????
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★

Hey All,

This time, it's all about Colossus, and UC is not on the list for a rework right now. He may in the future though.

Personally, I'm happy to see them have some more differentiation now.

One is terrible and one will be not so terrible?
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Hendross said:

Hey All,

This time, it's all about Colossus, and UC is not on the list for a rework right now. He may in the future though.

One is terrible and one will be not so terrible?
    Well you DO need to spend either 365k or 800k to have a version of him that's reasonable to use in late game content... (yes I know KT1 is doing so much content with just 3-star champs but... well let's just say not everyone is KT1...)
    So yeah I would think that the only reason you'd be getting those guys is for just him being a trophy...
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Djkrdjj said:

Dude unstoppable colossus, as a premium character, should just have both of juggernauts
    and collusus abilities
    Am I right people????

I mean, he pretty much does. He has Colossus’ armor with Juggs’ fury and unstoppable.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Unless you want an exact clone with additional unstoppable mechanics, then yes they should rework him ASAP. If you want two distinct champs, then the UC buff would have to wait
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike are we getting buffs to Venompool, KK, IP, Magneto, and Groot after the Colossus buff? Or was Colossus the only champ scheduled for a buff in the near future?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Ideally you'd have a better differentiation that one is (potentially) useful and one isn't...

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

Ideally you'd have a better differentiation that one is (potentially) useful and one isn't...

Have to agree with Miike on this one because the only Champs I have been adamant about needing a rework are the ones that are similar. Mags, CM/MM. My issue is they should have a bit more individuality.
  • MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    No one forced you to buy him. He is a trophy champ. Guaranteed you had him as a 3* to test prior to buying, so you knew what you had prior to purchase. So many champs need upgrading worse than this one...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

for a premium character it should be just a little better.

Mjolinar said:

He is a trophy champ.

This here. UC is mostly for players with loyalty burning a hole in their pockets. When he was first added, it would have taken most players a little less than forever to earn enough loyalty to get him: he was clearly not a progressional target champion, and thus not really a "premium" target in that sense.

That doesn't mean he shouldn't get buffed eventually, just that his "premium" status isn't a justification for making it a priority either. You know what you're getting when you get him, and there's no way to get him accidentally. He's a profile pic you can use in the arena.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★

Hey All,

Differentiation is fine, but the “unstoppable” should be Collosus and more!

Now he’s just gonna he some super douch who goes unstoppable now and again!

Theoretically, he should be everything Collosus is and MORE, as the reasoning to his name... the UNSTOPPABLE Collosus!
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★

Hey All,

Theoretically, he should be everything Collosus is and MORE, as the reasoning to his name... the UNSTOPPABLE Collosus!
    Sure, like all 147 of the spider-verse-people having the exact same abilities plus whatever the new champ has. Why not.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    In my opinion, there should be some distinction between Colossus and unstoppable Colossus.
    I'm not saying that unstoppable Colossus doesn't need to be buffed.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    I foresee UC to be one of the last worked champs. Many have him maxed out and use him for a paperweight and shards.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Hey All,

Then (just a suggestion) could Unstoppable Colossus (and Juggernaut for that matter) at least be given Poison Immunity seeing as one of the Benefits Cyttorak gives his Avatars is Immunity to all Sickness and Forms of Decay, this would include any possible Rust some enemy could inflict regular Colossus with.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★

Hey All,

Sure, like all 147 of the spider-verse-people having the exact same abilities plus whatever the new champ has. Why not.
    That’s completely different lol
  • SADDANSADDAN Posts: 23

Have to agree with Miike on this one because the only Champs I have been adamant about needing a rework are the ones that are similar. Mags, CM/MM. My issue is they should have a bit more individuality.
    I also think so, but, from the point of view of correct immunity, UC should also have because the two have the same organic steel skin. Just a future observation of logic kkk!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    SADDAN said:

I also think so, but, from the point of view of correct immunity, UC should also have because the two have the same organic steel skin. Just a future observation of logic kkk!
    In practice, the game cannot honor the fact that UC and Colossus are "the same" because you cannot, as in the devs will never, create one champion that is exactly identical to another champion but better in all respects. In comic book terms UC is in all respects stronger than Colossus and has no real vulnerabilities he doesn't have (that are representable in this game). In the same way that Sparky and Night Monkey are inspired by the same core MCU character with lots of overlapping abilities, those champion entities can and will be completely different in many respects.

So if UC is ever reworked, UC *could* get similar immunities to Colossus' (apparent) rework. Or he could get completely different changes because the need to differentiate them overrides the need for them to reflect origin similarities.