**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam Slow Updates

I was wondering if anyone else has felt that Kabam is taking way too long to make useful updates to old or original Champions? It seems like there are a lot of "meme teir" or outdated Champions that should be the focus of updates before releasing new Champions every month. Does anyone feel the same? For example, it is clear that Falcon, Both Caps, Iron Patriot/ War Machine and Unstop. Col are no brainers that need to be updated ASAP yet we get these stupid polls asking which 2 should be updated. Maybe Kabam should task their team with remaking these original Champions over the next month or two and then continue releasing new Champions. I don't think people would mind. My 2 cents.
P.S. Kabam..... Release Colossus OML Updates!!!

Comments

• 3 days and OML and colossus will be out
  • CapMark2CapMark2 Posts: 40
    Ginjabred- Is that finally confirmed? Last I read they claimed it "should" be released with their next full update but weren't 100. If it is true than About Damn Time.
  • Nope it has been confirmed. V25.0 will have them finally on our hands. I've been sitting on resources to potentially r4 OML for months now...and then I wasted some last week
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Kabam has a set schedule for updates (a major one every 30 days and smaller ones sometimes in this time) and the latest champions have been very good. I say their schedule is a good one, since it allows for changes to be made in time before a major update. It's a good time schedule they have imo.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    I'd rather them take time with the updates and collect the feedback from the betas and make changes vs just releasing champs regardless of the feedback. You ask for transparency and they told everyone that combined with the original updates and beta feedback, they were going to tweak them a bit more which extended the time table. Now we're complaining because the process is "slow". Y'all can't just let things happen sometimes.
    I think 2 months was more than enough time to update two champions who already existed. Should be enough to figure if they are still to weak or OP. They do a good job on new champions releases and I doubt they will slow them down as it makes them too much money. I hope Colossus isn't underwhelming though. He should have a high damage output beinf that hes insanely strong in comics.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    CapMark2 said:

I think 2 months was more than enough time to update two champions who already existed. Should be enough to figure if they are still to weak or OP. They do a good job on new champions releases and I doubt they will slow them down as it makes them too much money. I hope Colossus isn't underwhelming though. He should have a high damage output beinf that hes insanely strong in comics.

if 2 months was enough time I am fairly certain they would be out in 2 months, but it is odd with all the balancing issues and threads you want them to rush out changes that may have to be modified later due to the rush job.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    CapMark2 said:

2 months was enough time. They weren't happy with the results so they went back and made adjustments. Not sure what wasnt clear about any of that.
  • CapMark2 said:

Realistically, 2 months isn't even enough time to come up with what we want their new abilities to be. High level, yes, but without any of the first tuning passes.

Then, there's the playtesting that needs to be done internally, before we go into the Beta test. Once that is complete, we can move on actioning on the feedback of Players. Once that's done, we have to implement those changes. Depending on where we are in the release cycle (is a new version coming soon? did one just release?) that can add another month to the process.

Basically, you guys have gotten a sneak peak at what it's like to create a new Champion, and how long that takes. Reworking a Champion is not far off of what has to be done for a new Champion (minus the Public Beta Test).
    Thanks for all the responses. Does anyone know what time the update gets released on Nov. 4th?? Hope Colossus is in it.