**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

War placement started a hour early

ryman5787ryman5787 Posts: 37
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
Please inform us how we supposed to win war down guys now. We thought we had another hours so we didn't have to kick guys before AQ rewards

Comments

• MjweberMjweber Posts: 3
    Yo this is the most ridiculous thing ever. Literally had 3 hrs from the time AQ ended and get smacked in the face with enlistment starting an hour early. This is two mistakes this season. Did not even get a chance to replace members and enlist!!
  • ryman5787ryman5787 Posts: 37
    @Kabam Miike please tell me this will be another cancelled war cuz this is unfair
  • Matchmaking always starts at 3pm PST. I am looking into this, but this is the time this is intended to start.
    Yea I thought same till I looked a ingame timer we had 1 hour left so I kicked the guys to replace him and we got a war match instantly @Kabam Miike ke"
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    If I had to venture a guess, the onboard Timer hasn't updated to accommodate DST, but the server has.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    Unfortunate this happened at the most critical time since this war is the last one that'd allow movements and still let those people qualify for season rewards.
  • Hieitaku said:

Unfortunate this happened at the most critical time since this war is the last one that'd allow movements and still let those people qualify for season rewards.

That would be the next one. Number 8 is the final one that allows for that.

Hieitaku said:

That would be the next one. Number 8 is the final one that allows for that.
    Oh okay. Thanks for the correction. Glad I raised it here. 👍
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,168 ★★★★★
    INTEGRAL said:

They removed my thread about it.

Not there is stil in the bug section
    Every war is very important war. All because they didn't update the timer losing the points from defenders and attack bonuses is absolutely ridiculous and most likely a guranteed loss
  • BuffalaxBuffalax Posts: 107

Matchmaking always starts at 3pm PST. I am looking into this, but this is the time this is intended to start.

Yeah, and the week of AQ always ends at 3PM Eastern, but wait, there was Daylight Savings Time, so it got pushed back an hour! The timer said that it would end at 7PM Eastern, not 6PM. It doesn’t matter if it’s “always” at a certain time. It shouldn’t start until the timer hits 00:00:00.
    Took some screenshots with my local time.

Matchmaking still had well over 3 hours left on the timer at 6:36 AM. Came back about an hour later and placement was already at 19 hrs left. Didn't bother to take notice of that before this.

Is this lack of sync normal? I always assumed placement starts exactly as the matchmaking timer runs out and should have 24 hrs on its timer at the start.
    @Kabam Miike there was over a total of 6 hrs missing between the matchmaking and placement phases based on my observation. Really interested to see a clarification for this. We'd hate that placement also ends as unexpectedly and abruptly as it started.
    One issue has nothing to do with the other.
    You're taking the opportunity to say "I told you so!", but one issue is much more complex than the other, neither were predicted, or related, and one is much easier to fix than the other. A simple fix could be pushed to align the Timer. If problems come up that can be dealt with, then it's not an automatic reason to cancel the Season for perfection in the future.
    The issues are somewhat related. They both involve matchmaking and placement durations. Though their causes and/or fixes might be different, the fact that the game didn't do what it said it would regarding those two aw phase-related issues still negatively affected how people prepared for aw still stands.

I'm fairly certain @Kabam Miike and the rest of Kabam are collecting info on this and we'll hear from them when they have enough information and plans to properly respond to our concerns. Best to just share your observations and avoid telling the game admin and designers what to do as they should have the best access to all available information.
  • I mentioned this potential discrepancy with basically 2.5 hours still left in Enlistment, when I saw it was apparently set to end 1 hour later than it should. (nobody commented 😩)

Timer should have probably been “adjusted” after the last war ended, which would have let teams have an entire 1 day’s worth of time to see the DST adjustment back to what it normally is.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/186027/war-start-time-after-daylight-saving-change#latest

Just assumed that then since the timer was already stuck on being 1 hour off, that it would stay that way, and maybe eventually get adjusted either next week (during the next 1-day off Tuesday) or after end of season.

(although, anywhere else in world who country doesn’t just follow what the US dictates that DST should be would have to know that it may not follow their own country's DST Calendar).
    What is the possible solution here? Just not sure what else can be fair without using this war in season points as well. @Kabam Miike wanna tell my guys something other then waiting for a response if you catch my drift . Thank you for for quick response earlier bwas much appreciated.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    ryman5787 said:

Please inform us how we supposed to win war down guys now. We thought we had another hours so we didn't have to kick guys before AQ rewards

We almost had the same problem. Were about to kick a guy who was going to take a break and then matchmaking suddenly started so he agreed to stay for this war. Kabam is in rare form lol
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    After a week of events ending 1 hour later than usual, how are people expected to assume war matchmaking is starting at a different time than what the countdown timer in the game literally showed them?

So not only do we have a season where a thousand+ alliances have had their season ruined by a war that wasn’t supposed to count, we now have a bunch more alliances that missed a war entirely or have 10-20 missing defenders because they followed the countdown timer in the game... which was apparently the wrong thing to do.

Why should anyone spend additional money or resources on this train wreck of a war season? Why is it even still going?
  • Shellyshelly88Shellyshelly88 Posts: 163
    We had the same problem (ally tag T.ASC). Absolutely gutted and not fair! We were waiting on a leaver and joiner to get AQ rewards before matchmaking. Lost an hour and missed out!

Look forward to hearing back about a solution here!

Thanks, Shell
This discussion has been closed.