**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dark Empowerment Synergy

Zonix42Zonix42 Posts: 49
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
I have been testing the Dark Empowerment synergy and recording a video about it.

I am using the team:

Dormammu 5*
Dormammu 4*
The Hood 5*
The Hood 4*
Mordo 4*

If the Dark Empowerment synergy stacks additively, then my champions should have an 80% chance to revive given four synergies.

If the four 20% chances are separate, then the chance to revive should be [1 - (1 - 0.20)^4] * 100% = 59.04%.

During testing I found neither of the odds to be the truth. After dying 100+ times to ROL Winter Soldier the odds appear to be less than 20%.

What is happening? Can I stack more than one Dark Empowerment synergy?

Comments

• Options
    Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    edited August 2017
    Does it feel like the chance to proc is 34.56%?

Because that would be 20x1.2x1.2x1.2
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    "Character Rating"

You only get those percentages if you're fighting an unleveled 1* champ. Anything higher than that and the percentages drop to essentially zero.

I'm only half kidding.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    "Character Rating"

You only get those percentages if you're fighting an unleveled 1* champ. Anything higher than that and the percentages drop to essentially zero.

I'm only half kidding.

Lmao...they say Challenger rating has nothing to do with signature abilities.
  • Options
    I understand Kabam lies about different concepts, but challenger rating doesn't affect synergy percentages. Challenger rating affects only the final statistics after synergies have been used to calculate the statistics.There is a thread about how challenger rating functions here:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/2317/challenger-rating-explained#latest
  • Options
    Challenger rating shouldn't affect Dark Empowerment.
  • Options
    sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    I have wondered about this stacking forever. If the chance to revive is supposed to increase does the 10% health also increase?
    I also wonder if it works for all "non-robot villains". It is the only synergy I can think of that doesn't increase champ rating.
  • Options
    No, the 10% health doesn't increase.

Yes, any non-robot champion that has the #Villain tag has a chance to revive.

Now if Kabam could confirm how the revive chance stacks, that would be great.

• Options
    FineFine Posts: 78
    They don't stack.
  • Options
    Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    edited August 2017
    I havent seen it proc once. I think its another Kabam myth that might get a fix in 18.6.
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I'm really hoping this gets answered soon. I swear a mordo revived on me in AW once but that's the problem, I can only say it happened once
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    It happened to me in the arena with Dormammu.
    He revived twice in the same battle, which shouldn't be happening.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Dark Empowerment does allow your champion's to revive, I've been lucky enough to see my champion's revive several times.

The odds of reviving is not understood. Is the chance of revival 80%, 59.04%, 20%, or some other number?
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Zonix42 wrote: »
    After dying 100+ times to ROL Winter Soldier the odds appear to be less than 20%.

Kinda proves that it doesn't stack. 100+ times is a large enough sample size

• Options
    Collecting all the pieces for a few months to learn the synergy doesn't function as advertised is disappointing. If we can't stack more than one synergy, that should definitely be communicated to us using the synergy description.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    All I can say is that Miike has said that it's supposed to stack. If it isn't, that means it's probably bugged
    SCZ wrote:
    I.e. A team of 3 Hood, 2 dormammu would it get to 100% chance. Hood variations being 5,4,3* etc.

Oh, duh! Yes! According to the Champion Designer: "Yes, they stack. If you really want to build that for your team, though I wouldn't recommend it "

Also, the only thing that stacks is the chance to revive, not the HP regenerated, and it will still only trigger once per hero per fight.

http://community.wonderhill.com/forums/showthread.php?716268-Champion-Spotlight-The-Hood&p=3299865#post3299865

• Options
    KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176
    If you put in enough time money and work to have 3 of the strongest toons in the game in 4* and 5*, you def deserve to be able to use a functioning synergy the way it was advertised. I'd be irate to put that much work in and come out shafted on the benefits.
    That's like buying your dream home, only to walk in and find there are no walls or toilets. Holy fml.
  • Options
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    All I can say is that Miike has said that it's supposed to stack. If it isn't, that means it's probably bugged
    SCZ wrote:
    I.e. A team of 3 Hood, 2 dormammu would it get to 100% chance. Hood variations being 5,4,3* etc.

Oh, duh! Yes! According to the Champion Designer: "Yes, they stack. If you really want to build that for your team, though I wouldn't recommend it "

Also, the only thing that stacks is the chance to revive, not the HP regenerated, and it will still only trigger once per hero per fight.

http://community.wonderhill.com/forums/showthread.php?716268-Champion-Spotlight-The-Hood&p=3299865#post3299865

Wow, thank you for this. The post confirms the synergy is not functioning properly.
  • Options
    Hey All,

I'm currently waiting on some information from the Character designers on the functionality of the Dark Empowerment synergy. Sorry for the delay! As soon as I have any information, I'll share it with you guys.
  • Options
    Hey All,

I'm currently waiting on some information from the Character designers on the functionality of the Dark Empowerment synergy. Sorry for the delay! As soon as I have any information, I'll share it with you guys.

Sounds good.
  • Options
    So, is there any news about a fix?
  • Options
    Sorry for the late reply! The team has given me some information on this.

So, it doesn't look like it's broken, but the chances don't stack. They are independent of each other. 20% Chance per synergy means that bringing 5 copies of the Synergy doesn't mean a 100% chance, but 5 chances at 20%.

We did test it, and it does look like it is working correctly, but will continue to monitor it to see if anything seems out of the ordinary.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★

So, it doesn't look like it's broken, but the chances don't stack. They are independent of each other. 20% Chance per synergy means that bringing 5 copies of the Synergy doesn't mean a 100% chance, but 5 chances at 20%.

We did test it, and it does look like it is working correctly, but will continue to monitor it to see if anything seems out of the ordinary.

So that's why Dormammu revived me twice in the same battle in the arena ...
    But even with assassin mastery, he was lucky to revive twice with such low chances
  • Options
    KappaluzzoKappaluzzo Posts: 42
    So this means there is a 2x of chance for revive if I have 2 DE synergy right?
  • Options
    sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208

@Kabam Miike Sorry, this is still not clear to me.
    Example: 4*s Dorma, Mordo, Hood, NC, BP
    Do the villains (Dorm, Mordo, Hood) all have a 20% chance to revive up to three instances per fight?

I don't care what the odds are of that 20% chance happening 3 times, just want make sure I understand this correctly.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    sbb75 wrote: »

Do the villains (Dorm, Mordo, Hood) all have a 20% chance to revive up to three instances per fight?

I don't care what the odds are of that 20% chance happening 3 times, just want make sure I understand this correctly.

Lets use a simpler example. Suppose you have 2 lottery tickets, each has an independent 50% chance to win the lottery.

Independent implies the chances don't sum. So your chance to win the lottery is not 100%.

Your chance to win the lottery is: [1 - (1 - 0.50)^2] * 100% = 75%.

Quoting the original post, we should expect the Dark Empowerment revive chance to be 59.04%, or just less than 3/5 times.

I will test Dark Empowerment more later, and reply if I notice any substantial deviation.
  • Options
    NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    Zonix42 wrote: »
    sbb75 wrote: »

Lets use a simpler example. Suppose you have 2 lottery tickets, each has an independent 50% chance to win the lottery.

Independent implies the chances don't sum. So your chance to win the lottery is not 100%.

Your chance to win the lottery is: [1 - (1 - 0.50)^2] * 100% = 75%.

Quoting the original post, we should expect the Dark Empowerment revive chance to be 59.04%, or just less than 3/5 times.

I will test Dark Empowerment more later, and reply if I notice any substantial deviation.

any more thoughts on this?

i have a team of hood, dormamu, dormamu , mordo and morningstar so from the above i should have three 20% chances to revive each time dorm, MS or hood fight.
    [1 - (1 - 0.20)^3] * 100% = 48.8%.

In a small sample of 20 fights i had 2 revives. This doesn't make sense. Maybe the answer is that this synergy only sounds good but is actually ****?
  • Options
    GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291

Also i think the biggest problem here is that Synergies doesnt work in AWD, so why dont you look into that?