**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Find the Elusive Sasquatch in Northern Expeditions! [Canadian Difficulty now Unlocking at Level 55]

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

Direct quote from
    DEV DIARY: THE FUTURE OF QUESTS

The new Cavalier Event Quest difficulty will be available to those that have achieved the Cavalier title, but that does not mean that once you reach the Cavalier title, exploring, or even completing it will be a breeze. At launch, there will be a wide range of Cavalier players trying out this new difficulty, from someone that has recently achieved the milestone, to a Summoner that has countlessly beaten the Grandmaster, the power and skill level can vary wildly. Our challenge is building a Quest that can appeal to them all

No mention of level 60 in that

So one post from kabam says this then they change in the next

This isn't Cavalier. It's Road to Cavalier, and the Side Quests are not locked to Titles.
    For that matter, if there was a Level limit on Cavalier, that would be totally understandable.
    From op
    Canadian Difficulty is the first step on the road to our Cavalier Event Quest difficulty level. It will allow us to gather feedback and data, and you to share your experiences with us in regards to difficulty, rewards, and pain points.

Keep digging lol
    How does that even remotely contradict what I said?
    Read the DEV DIARY: THE FUTURE OF QUESTS
    And you will understand
    Read what I said again.
    Gods sake, kabam said they were using the next couple of months using a cavalier level to garage the difficulty needed for a full eq cavalier difficulty.
    For some one who is always on here you should have known and no I’m not trolling through for you.
    Either I’m right or your wrong I’m happy either way .
    It is not "Cavalier". It is Road to Cavalier, and it's not locked to any Title, just like Beginner to Epic is not locked to any Title.
    From the

RELEASE DATE

The first Cavalier difficulty will be available on September 2nd. I can hear the anticipation behind your screen, so to keep you sharp we are going to run 2 Side Quest difficulties while we finalize the tuning of the Event Quests, starting this July with “Canadian Difficulty”!

We are starting with our Side Quests because they are much more fluid when it comes to difficulty and rewards. While you battle against Sasquatch, we will gather data and feedback to help us ensure that everything is ready and in a good spot for September. If all goes well, you will see the new Legendary Side Quest difficulty alongside the new Cavalier Event Quest difficulty!

July – Canadian difficulty Side Quest
    August – Herald difficulty Side Quest
    September – Cavalier difficulty Event Quest launch

Now a sorry would be nice
    That's the launch for Cavalier EQ. Not Cavlier Side Quest.
  • Options

Direct quote from

The new Cavalier Event Quest difficulty will be available to those that have achieved the Cavalier title, but that does not mean that once you reach the Cavalier title, exploring, or even completing it will be a breeze. At launch, there will be a wide range of Cavalier players trying out this new difficulty, from someone that has recently achieved the milestone, to a Summoner that has countlessly beaten the Grandmaster, the power and skill level can vary wildly. Our challenge is building a Quest that can appeal to them all

This isn't Cavalier. It's Road to Cavalier, and the Side Quests are not locked to Titles.
    For that matter, if there was a Level limit on Cavalier, that would be totally understandable.
    From op
    Canadian Difficulty is the first step on the road to our Cavalier Event Quest difficulty level. It will allow us to gather feedback and data, and you to share your experiences with us in regards to difficulty, rewards, and pain points.

Keep digging lol
    And you will understand
    Read what I said again.
    Gods sake, kabam said they were using the next couple of months using a cavalier level to garage the difficulty needed for a full eq cavalier difficulty.
    For some one who is always on here you should have known and no I’m not trolling through for you.
    It is not "Cavalier". It is Road to Cavalier, and it's not locked to any Title, just like Beginner to Epic is not locked to any Title.
    From the

RELEASE DATE

The first Cavalier difficulty will be available on September 2nd. I can hear the anticipation behind your screen, so to keep you sharp we are going to run 2 Side Quest difficulties while we finalize the tuning of the Event Quests, starting this July with “Canadian Difficulty”!

We are starting with our Side Quests because they are much more fluid when it comes to difficulty and rewards. While you battle against Sasquatch, we will gather data and feedback to help us ensure that everything is ready and in a good spot for September. If all goes well, you will see the new Legendary Side Quest difficulty alongside the new Cavalier Event Quest difficulty!

You cannot be that stupid
    Need arrows.
    I don't know what you're trying to imply. I'm saying the exact same thing that Miike pointed out. Side Quests are not locked to Titles. Meaning you don't HAVE to be Cavalier to do it. You don't need to be Uncollected to do Epic. Their target is the Cavlier range, yes. What we're discussing is the idea that people are Cavaier and can't do it because they're not Level 60. Which is irrelevant. The requirement is Level 60.
  • Options
    Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Get to level 60 then lol.
  • Options

Direct quote from

From op

Keep digging lol
    And you will understand
    Read what I said again.
    From the

RELEASE DATE

Need arrows.
    I don't know what you're trying to imply. I'm saying the exact same thing that Miike pointed out. Side Quests are not locked to Titles. Meaning you don't HAVE to be Cavalier to do it. You don't need to be Uncollected to do Epic. Their target is the Cavlier range, yes. What we're discussing is the idea that people are Cavaier and can't do it because they're not Level 60. Which is irrelevant. The requirement is Level 60.
    Read it, I’ve put arrows there for you to aid you .
    They are releasing a cavalier eq difficulty in sept for those who have achieved the title ( no mention of a level requirement )
    Then later they say they are using the upcoming side events to fine tune this so the can see if they have the level of difficulty correct, they name this event coming.
    So why would you use a side event to asses the level for cavalier but exclude people with cavalier with a lower level than 60.
    It’s all there and if you check it was poster by Mike
    So are you saying that what he says there is untrue?
    There has to be something as a gauge. Do people who haven't reached Level 60 even have the time in to be used as a gauge to something that occurs monthly over time? Maybe they do, maybe they don't. Someone who picks up the game and gains some fast pointers on YouTube on how to plow through it won't have the same experience to offer feedback as someone who has been playing for years and made their way up over time. It's not even a hard thing to get to. Yet here we are saying it's unfair.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,780 ★★★★★
    @Gmail12345 your entirely wrong in this case. The dev diary clearly talked about even quest aka the monthly normal even quest. not side quests. Side quests have always been locked only behind levels and not titles where event quest is locked behind both title and level. You keep posting the dev diary but have you actuly read and understood the difference between the two?
  • Options
    richardrod33richardrod33 Posts: 13
    Level 60 requirement is a bit whack. That doesn't gauge experience or ability. It takes a lot of grinding to get to level 60, but it has nothing to do with skill. How much more skilled or experienced are you if you spent hours grinding act 4 with your rank 4 and 5 5 stars? If you are able to get to cavalier at 50, you should be able to access and try the harder content.
  • Options

Direct quote from

From op

Keep digging lol
    And you will understand
    Read what I said again.
    From the

RELEASE DATE

Need arrows.
    They are releasing a cavalier eq difficulty in sept for those who have achieved the title ( no mention of a level requirement )
    Then later they say they are using the upcoming side events to fine tune this so the can see if they have the level of difficulty correct, they name this event coming.
    So why would you use a side event to asses the level for cavalier but exclude people with cavalier with a lower level than 60.
    There has to be something as a gauge. Do people who haven't reached Level 60 even have the time in to be used as a gauge to something that occurs monthly over time? Maybe they do, maybe they don't. Someone who picks up the game and gains some fast pointers on YouTube on how to plow through it won't have the same experience to offer feedback as someone who has been playing for years and made their way up over time. It's not even a hard thing to get to. Yet here we are saying it's unfair.
    Hold on, I don’t care about what you just put. I’m just pointing out what they have said on the road map and how they are using Canadian to gauge the difficulty level for cavalier BUT at no point did they mention level 60 as a requirement.
    You argued with me and I had to get posts etc to show you and you’ve not even had the balls to admit your wrong or say sorry !!!
    No wonder you have such a bad name.
    Your next reply Or lack of reply will show People who you really are.
    Lol hes gonna reply whether hes right or not. It's the GW way.
  • Options
    Michelemako96Michelemako96 Posts: 3
    Bawa69 said:

rewards look fine...just the 6* shards 2.5k in Canadain difficulty seem a bit less....probably 5k should do it...but its too early as we don't know the level of difficulty...but all in all a good job on the rewards...

Cmon mole man event have much Better reward , this reward Is so trash for this new diffuculty and they have less the normale diffuculty this Is not a great job.
  • Options

Direct quote from

From op

Keep digging lol
    And you will understand
    Read what I said again.
    From the

RELEASE DATE

Need arrows.
    Hold on, I don’t care about what you just put. I’m just pointing out what they have said on the road map and how they are using Canadian to gauge the difficulty level for cavalier BUT at no point did they mention level 60 as a requirement.
    You argued with me and I had to get posts etc to show you and you’ve not even had the balls to admit your wrong or say sorry !!!

Buttehrs said:

@Gmail12345 your entirely wrong in this case. The dev diary clearly talked about even quest aka the monthly normal even quest. not side quests. Side quests have always been locked only behind levels and not titles where event quest is locked behind both title and level. You keep posting the dev diary but have you actuly read and understood the difference between the two?

Another one, where do you think the screen shot came from?
    It’s all in there for you to read clear as day.
    And did it say in there that they WOULDN'T have a level gate on it? Have you ever seen a side event that let you do epic if you werent level 40?
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I see no mention of 1 entry per day etc so am I correct in saying we can scout paths and do all difficulties?
  • Options
    Qfury said:

I see no mention of 1 entry per day etc so am I correct in saying we can scout paths and do all difficulties?

You can enter as many times as youd like. You can do all difficulties if you wish.
  • Options
    It is clear. You can't do Canadian unless you're Level 60.
  • Options
    Va5S7KudhaVa5S7Kudha Posts: 85
    @Kabam Miike do you get 10,000 5' shards and 1,000 6* shards per quest or is that the reward overall for doing all the paths combined? If it's the second option, rewards are better in only some areas.
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

Direct quote from

From op

Keep digging lol
    And you will understand
    Read what I said again.
    From the

RELEASE DATE

Need arrows.

Buttehrs said:

Another one, where do you think the screen shot came from?
    It’s all in there for you to read clear as day.
    And did it say in there that they WOULDN'T have a level gate on it? Have you ever seen a side event that let you do epic if you werent level 40?
    I’ve never really paid much attention as I’m level 60 but the road map clearly says “ aimed at cavalier” and clearly says “ Canadian “ and no mention of any level requirements.
    They can’t keep saying one thing and then changing it, if all the guys at cavalier level and below level 60 knew this on the road map then we wouldn’t be having this problem.
    Kabam needs to be precise and clear, it’s not like there new to this and to be honest the mods should be around a bit more for problems like this.
    I agree there. They should have clearly separated them in the diary. Most people know already that EQ is title gated plus level gated while side events are only level. That probably would have avoided all this backlash. But as usual kabam either forgets to mention it before hand or purposely omits it to build hype lol.
  • Options
    So I did a smidgen of math. If you count uncollected Canadian and epic difficulty, that's 6k 6* shards. In one month. Not counting what well get from these objectives or 5* dupes either. Or any other quests that give 6* shards. Solely those 3. 6k shards. More than half a 6*. Perhaps this bodies well for when cavalier and legendary side events are commonplace.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Oh boy another moleman expedition style side event... my favourite.

On another note... are people genuinely complaining that you have to be level 60 to play Canadian difficulty? Like really, it’s not hard...
  • Options
    ShadowX717ShadowX717 Posts: 1
    edited June 2020
    Personally I think it’s completely unnecessary to implement a level 60 requirement. If you have the cavalier title, you can easily do at least the completion of the Canadian difficulty. I’m level 55 and I’m on the 6.2.6 champion boss yet I can’t do a side quest event not because of skill, not because of characters, but because of a LEVEL requirement...

Please, please, PLEASE rethink this KABAM...