**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

How to use the 2017 rankup gems

I got the 2017 rankup gems, but I cant use it on spidygwen or carnage beacuse its asking me to use the class specific gems first. How do I bypass that so I can use the 2017 gem on 2017 champs.

Comments

• ShaaneneganShaanenegan Posts: 112

Seems to be a bug hopefully it’ll get fixed soon

How will it get fixed? Do they know about it?
  • Noodes_Noodes_ Posts: 113
    I mean, why would you want to use a generic before a class gem? Guess I do see the potential narrow scenarios because of the 2017 limitation on generic, but the system is set up to select the most narrow option as default (i.e. the class gem). I wouldn’t call it a bug at all to use the class gem. But given the newly limited flexibility in using a supposedly “generic” gem, there does seem to be an issue with that being put to the back of the line. Curious how Kabam will address it
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    @Shaanenegan out of curiousity, that class gem a 2015 one or not?
  • Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    I was just about to ask this myself! I want to use the 2015/6/7 gem, and not my normal r4 gem.

The class gem is generic, not associated with a year. So it can be used on any champ.
    Lo4eath said:

I was just about to ask this myself! I want to use the 2015/6/7 gem, and not my normal r4 gem.

Yup, i raised a ticket a few hours ago. Added a link to this post.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

The class gem is generic, not associated with a year. So it can be used on any champ.
    He was asking if the science gem was a year specific one
    Lvernon15 said:

He was asking if the science gem was a year specific one
    It isnt
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    This has been an ongoing problem since these gems came out.

Please allow us to choose what gem we’d like to use.

Just click Rank up Champions and click on her

Dude, i cant choose the gem i want to use though.

@Kabam Miike why not maybe add 3 other Options ? We got normal rank up with cats then Gem rank up why not make a option to Either scroll through gems or make a new Tab on rank up for each gem to choose from?

Thats what i was about to suggest. Though i know nothing about coding & not sure how difficult it will be, but having either an arrow pointing left & right to choose all available gems. Or maybe just a choose gem option (like when we use item on a champ & choose generic or class sig stones or arena boosts) where we click choose gem & select the ones we can use.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★

then im pretty sure it would cost no gold
  • Ideal fix would be to allow Rankup Gem usage along same lines as SigStones or Awakening Gem. Directly from Inventory, or from Champ pop-up box under their Use Items.

At a minimum, could work exactly like those others, ie from Inventory would pop-up a list of available Champs to use the Rankup Gem on.
    Or from Champ pop-up would just be available from that Use Item button if that Champ qualified, like Awake Gem Usage does.
    (although would have to show a Gold cost, for those that require Gold, on the APPLY button).

Or for better/complete implementation, would show list of ALL your Champs that are of the qualifying YEAR and Class for the Gem -and- who are either at Current or Lesser Rank, and then could just have “disabled/grayed” status for those that are below the currently needed Rank for that Gem.
    Or maybe even 2 different “unavailable” status types, one showing (as in above) from those champs you have but currently below rank, and another showing any other potential Champ that you don’t even have on your Roster yet (that would qualify if you ever were to get them).
    **will be nice way to see who all the potential champs are, to know who else you may want to use it on in future instead.
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★

@Kabam Miike why not maybe add 3 other Options ? We got normal rank up with cats then Gem rank up why not make a option to Either scroll through gems or make a new Tab on rank up for each gem to choose from?

Cut them some slack man. They’re having a hard time moving acid wash hulk buster from AQ, this is a step up for them
    Mcord117 said:

If you are willing to use a generic on a champ why would you not opt to use a class specific first? I really don’t get the thought process, although I could be missing something

The generic is only for 2015/16/17 champs, the class specific for all champs. I would rather use the class specific on a champ released post 2017 since the options to use the generic are extremely limited.