**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Magneto name is MAX not Eric, Kabam pull "facts" from the movies?

Comments

• BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    Jaded said:

Belfigor2 said:

What's wrong with pulling things from the movies? His helmet stopping him from being mind-controlled was only introduced in the movies yet that being in the game is ok?

what? I know magneto use his helm to focus his own ability block people like xavier, but yea it does not directly block it, but Juggernaut skull cap(his inner helmet) is made from same material as Magneto and it protect him
    How come in the 90s animated series (which took things directly from the comics) Xavier was able to mind control Magneto while his helmet is still on?
    That’s simply not true, many times in the cartoon it comes up that professor X can’t control magneto when he has his helmet on. Isn’t it at the start of the series...? Albeit a few episodes there that introduced magneto and the x-men’s background stories a bit.
    hmm I haven't finished the series but in the first season early on, Xavier was able to show war flashbacks that traumatized Magneto after which he retreated while Magneto still had his helmet on. are there any episodes later on that show him not being able to mind control Magneto with the helmet? I'm only in season 2
  • I’ve never read a comic in my life, my connection with this game is the movies so that’s my bible.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★
    Belfigor2 said:

Belfigor2 said:

What's wrong with pulling things from the movies? His helmet stopping him from being mind-controlled was only introduced in the movies yet that being in the game is ok?

what? I know magneto use his helm to focus his own ability block people like xavier, but yea it does not directly block it, but Juggernaut skull cap(his inner helmet) is made from same material as Magneto and it protect him
    How come in the 90s animated series (which took things directly from the comics) Xavier was able to mind control Magneto while his helmet is still on?
    never watched x men cartoons, but you are saying the writers were comic books nerds? all keeping every official handbook of the marvel universe book at hand? Are you saying juggernaut skull cap comes from the movies?
    Movies and TV series borrow from Comic Book cannon. Not everything on those shows will be 100% to what their comic book counterparts were/are.

Take for instance the Fantastic Four. You have 2 different sets of origins from the 3 different movies. The Jessica Alba movies is more true to how they got their powers for them, but completely inaccurate on how Doom got his. It's all about adapting to the big screen and making the story flow.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Belfigor2 said:

Belfigor2 said:

The universe of Marvel Contest of Champions is not based on any one source material. It is heavily inspired by many sources, including the Comics, Film, and Television. The Contest exists in its own Universe, and while something may be true in one universe, it may not be here.

PS. This Event Quest was written by a very accomplished and notable write of Marvel Comics :wink:

so according to Kabam Magneto name is Erik?

That’s a yes.
    So now i start to wonder if Spider man is peter parker or Ben Reilly in the game :P
    Both are the same. You didn't read clone saga. Go and read it. You will probably see the light and never ever come back with these small earthly problems.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Belfigor2 said:

That’s simply not true, many times in the cartoon it comes up that professor X can’t control magneto when he has his helmet on. Isn’t it at the start of the series...? Albeit a few episodes there that introduced magneto and the x-men’s background stories a bit.
    hmm I haven't finished the series but in the first season early on, Xavier was able to show war flashbacks that traumatized Magneto after which he retreated while Magneto still had his helmet on. are there any episodes later on that show him not being able to mind control Magneto with the helmet? I'm only in season 2
    Yeah, there will be more episodes that will explain more. I love the series. Watched it many times through in the 90s, and again with Disney +.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Belfigor2 said:

The universe of Marvel Contest of Champions is not based on any one source material. It is heavily inspired by many sources, including the Comics, Film, and Television. The Contest exists in its own Universe, and while something may be true in one universe, it may not be here.

PS. This Event Quest was written by a very accomplished and notable write of Marvel Comics :wink:

so according to Kabam Magneto name is Erik?

My real name isn't Kabam Miike, but I answer to it as well. Magneto's real name isn't Magneto, but he answers to that. Having many aliases means you can go by many names.
    Do you respond to “Kabam Miike” at comic con booths?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Belfigor2 said:

Mauled said:

I’ve never read a comic in my life, my connection with this game is the movies so that’s my bible.

I hope you dont think Egypt look like it after Transformer 2 then :p
    movies are just for fun, the writers cant stay within the facts that are written in stone it seem
    Different universes, different facts. Is it really that big of a deal?
    This is from earth 616

Belfigor2 said:

This is from earth 616

Megaman X in earth 616?
    Yep
    Belfigor2 said:

This is from earth 616

Megaman X in earth 616?
    Yes! Have you read the new X-Men run?
    You are not updated enough.
    Belfigor2 said:

Belfigor2 said:

Belfigor2 said:

Mauled said:

I’ve never read a comic in my life, my connection with this game is the movies so that’s my bible.

movies are just for fun, the writers cant stay within the facts that are written in stone it seem
    In my book the movies does not matter, nothing in them counts, as I said, they are just for fun, so if Kabam took facts from the movies it would be like if a surgeon looked at pewdiepie(or any other random youtuber) on how to remove a kidney and did it that way :P

If it is a mistake, then that is fine, but I really dont want them to start bringing in "facts" from the movies.
    the comics are just for fun! And even in the comics they call him Erik!
    yea the comic books are for fun, but they are often factual which the movies never are
    I showed you the proof still you are arguing needlessly.
    Belfigor2 said:

Belfigor2 said:

Belfigor2 said:

Mauled said:

In my book the movies does not matter, nothing in them counts, as I said, they are just for fun, so if Kabam took facts from the movies it would be like if a surgeon looked at pewdiepie(or any other random youtuber) on how to remove a kidney and did it that way :P

If it is a mistake, then that is fine, but I really dont want them to start bringing in "facts" from the movies.
    yea the comic books are for fun, but they are often factual which the movies never are
    then look at the panel above that shows the comics call him Erik
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited November 2020
    Belfigor2 said:

Mauled said:

I thought people only watched transformers for Megan Fox and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley?

The point is there’s two very distinct generations in this genre - the people like me who think superheroes are cool and appreciate the stories that the MCU has built up and the hardcore comic book lovers.

I could wax lyrical about the differences between Harry Potter books and films but there’s no real point, I just appreciate that Warner Bros gave JK Rowling the chance to portray my favourite childhood book series to the big screen.
    Belfigor2 said:

Belfigor2 said:

Belfigor2 said:

Belfigor2 said:

Mauled said:

what is the authors name? as mentioned im not up to date with xmen, but not all writers know the complete history of what they are writing about.
    and im not arguing with you lol
    it is a conversation.....people can still have a conversation in 2020? ;o
    Jonathan Hickman.
    Belfigor2 said:

Belfigor2 said:

Belfigor2 said:

Belfigor2 said:

Mauled said:

what is the authors name? as mentioned im not up to date with xmen, but not all writers know the complete history of what they are writing about.
    and im not arguing with you lol
    it is a conversation.....people can still have a conversation in 2020? ;o
    Hickman is the author but Erik is used in many more comics. Please go read some.