When to open gift?

KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
Will there be a ingame note "now you can"? I know already from an alliance mate that uf you open it early, you get coal, but when is the proper time? In a country where I live, Cgristmas is the evening of 24th, in most english speaking world it is 25th morning and for example the eastern christians have christmas on 12th of January!

Just please send us a note when the time comes. Thanks :smile:

Comments

• crossshattercrossshatter Member Posts: 250
    Same time of now on the 25th of December
  • FineDogFineDog Member Posts: 403 ★★★
    My guess is Dec 25 at 10am Pacific Standard Time (aka Kabam Time). You will probably get an in-game message though.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Member Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I didn’t realize it till it was too late.
    @Kabam Miike will we still get the Christmas gift if we open it early?
  • redsoxpatsfan89redsoxpatsfan89 Member Posts: 164
    I believe if you open it early, it says holiday magic may make it better.....aka you still get the same thing
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★

Don't open it! The message was very clear about that! Santa will not be happy if you do. (Also, go back and read the message again... It tells you the answer)

Thank you, I checked. I feel like a dummy now :smiley:
  • nolcuNnolcuN Member Posts: 159 ★★

@Kabam Miike im dumb and opened it not realizing it’s a Christmas present (don’t celebrate) will I still get my free gift on Christmas Day? I’m Sowwy

Well, because you asked nicely... I'll put in a good word with Battlerealm Santa. I'm sure he wouldn't hold it against you.
    At least christmas will be cozy warm for hin 😂
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Member Posts: 2,048 ★★★★★
    Don't open it. The gift will be automatically be converted to rewards sometime (I forgot the date)
  • MotheawesomeMotheawesome Member Posts: 22
    @Kabam Miike while you talk to Mr. Santa may you also tell him to make AW Season 23 last 3 week? I’m asking for a friend 😂
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Member Posts: 3,211 ★★★★★
    I saw the warning and I knew what would happen but for some reason having a claim button in my inventory gives me memory loss
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Member Posts: 855 ★★★★
    I Guess who opened will still get holiday gift but in lesser quantity like 50-75%

@Kabam Miike im dumb and opened it not realizing it’s a Christmas present (don’t celebrate) will I still get my free gift on Christmas Day? I’m Sowwy

Well, because you asked nicely... I'll put in a good word with Battlerealm Santa. I'm sure he wouldn't hold it against you.
    Put the good word for me too. I just didn’t read anything either
  • Odinson9Odinson9 Member Posts: 118

Don't open it! The message was very clear about that! Santa will not be happy if you do. (Also, go back and read the message again... It tells you the answer)

I claimed it and never opened it and still got coal???
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Odinson9 said:

If you claimed it, you get coal. Simple enough. Just dont do it.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Member Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Damn bro the coal pfp is tempting though...
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

Damn bro the coal pfp is tempting though...

JUST THINK OF THE REWARDS! WHAT ABOUT 5 STAR HERO CRYSTALS (Im not sure if thats what it is going to be)
  • Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Moderator Posts: 8,269

Odinson9 said:

If you claimed it, you get coal. Simple enough. Just dont do it.
    You need to claim it. Just don't open it.
  • TBuchanan24TBuchanan24 Member Posts: 82
    My friend opened it. I couldn't stop laughing. It clearly say dont open it. I'm pretty sure you will still get the reward. They should give half of the reward for not reading. I mean you do read the nodes right?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★

Should you open the X-Mas present early?

Ask anyone with the "Button Pusher" title and see what they think.

That's my favorite title lol. Much better than whatever the extra rewards were.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Member Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

Should you open the X-Mas present early?

Ask anyone with the "Button Pusher" title and see what they think.

That's my favorite title lol. Much better than whatever the extra rewards were.
    nah
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,257 Guardian

You need to claim it. Just don't open it.

What happens if we don't claim it?
    If you don’t Claim it, same as what happens to anything you don’t claim.
    Mail Msg w/ item hangs around for some # of days.
    After that, anything still unclaimed as of when Mail Msg disappears on it's own will still remain in STASH-REWARDS for an additional number of days (depending on what it is, reward, gift, milestone, etc)
    Lastly, after that, if still unclaimed from Stash, it just vanishes, gone forever.
  • Intensity108Intensity108 Member Posts: 327 ★★
    See I don't understand.
    I claimed the gift from the mail and I look in my inventory (and assume that is where it is).
    I see a lump of coal.
    So, here I was, curious to why there is a lump of coal in my inventory.
    I decide to go to the place where all questions can be answered, the global in-game chat.
    I asked around and they told me that you get coal IF YOU OPEN THE PRESENT!
    Yet, I did no such thing. I claimed it, and it was already coal? Another one of my alliance members has had the same thing happen!

@Kabam Miike if you could be so nice to use your Christmas Spirit and turn peoples's coal who were wronged by The Grinch back into a Christmas Present, it would be very appreciated and would certainly brighten my holidays! <3
  • cx23433cx23433 Member Posts: 465 ★★

See I don't understand.
    I claimed the gift from the mail and I look in my inventory (and assume that is where it is).
    I see a lump of coal.
    So, here I was, curious to why there is a lump of coal in my inventory.
    I decide to go to the place where all questions can be answered, the global in-game chat.
    I asked around and they told me that you get coal IF YOU OPEN THE PRESENT!
    Yet, I did no such thing. I claimed it, and it was already coal? Another one of my alliance members has had the same thing happen!

@Kabam Miike if you could be so nice to use your Christmas Spirit and turn peoples's coal who were wronged by The Grinch back into a Christmas Present, it would be very appreciated and would certainly brighten my holidays! <3</p>

That's Unfortunate
  • CromCrom Member Posts: 27
    That's to bad. But it does say....ah nvm
  • MrParadoxMrParadox Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2020
    @Kabam Miike i didnt really read the message and opened it and got coal, will we still get any items on the 25th by any chance
  • H3t3rH3t3r Member, Guardian Posts: 2,882 Guardian
    Imagine the gift opens and everyone gets a 1* santa lmao.