**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is 6 star punisher 2099 worth r2?

BradencoyBradencoy Posts: 22
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips

Is 6 star punisher 2099 worth r2? 23 votes

Yes
73%
TheManMythLegendbuffajrMagrailothosAspenBrokenKill_GreyDonrefreSpeedro420Charlie21540TheLegionMasterShenkScrubhanCrcrcrcWill3808anaLysis_EdisonLawDamien94 17 votes
No
26%
Jombie75MikeyBoi69StingerbkUnsilentThoye3Barani7da 6 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Yes
    It depends on the person ranking them. If you're a very highly skilled player who can intercept and bait specials for days, then he'd not really that great. If you view your opponent's Special Attacks as an opening, rather than as a threat, then he's probably not the champion for you. For the same reason, there are particular opponents (like Thing) who he's a bad choice for.

If you're a player who's got a bit less skill than that, then he's far more useful, as his ability to prevent you from your opponents Special Attacks is really rather good.

His damage is certainly respectable now; and can be boosted effectively if you extend his Armour Break debuffs with Red Skull.

What he does phenomenally well is to limit the opponents ability to gain Power when struck (for a large proportion of the time). It may not sound like much, but bear in mind that Power is pretty much the basis of the threat from the majority of opponents. And whilst his Power Control only affects Defensive Power Gain (so it's useless against Hyperion or Aarkus), it's also completely passive; so can't be shrugged off,

Dr Doom? Man-Thing? Not so difficult when they've got hardly any power. And who needs crits anyway, when they can't negate your passive +150% Attack?

Magic? If she procs Limbo once, she'll be doing well.

Void? Ten hits on every Special-1 clears those debuffs pretty fast (this works less well against Nick Fury or Thing, sadly...)

Buffet or Masochism? They'll never get health back, *as long as you've got Battery charge*.

Lifecycle? With a guaranteed stun off every Heavy Attack* you'll have no troubles...

So anyway, mine is R2 (only my second R2 champ); and he's been really useful in a lot of scenarios. He lacks any immunities or any real utility abilities; but I'm definitely happy with him. He's definitely a useful champ to have in your collection, even if he won't be the solution to every scenario.
  • Hey @Bradencoy, we have various sections in these Forums to help us keep everything organized in a way that allows everyone to find existing discussions about specific topics more easily.

I've went ahead and moved this thread from General Discussion to the Strategy and Tips section as I felt it was the most appropriate place for it.

When posting new discussions in the future, please take a moment to review the different sections and choose the most appropriate one. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please feel free to reach out via Private Message.