**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Angela confirmed for buff

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

So angela was just confirmed for one of the upcomming buffs. Will there be more? Why was angela of all chosen? Seems a bit weird

Angela , I think was chosen because she can make an immediate impact on someone’s roster , as she was one of the first 6*s in the game . A little value update is good for her. Her damage is good just lacking utility
    Technically speaking a value update doesn’t add utility, just enhances preexisting pieces and bumps damage. Atm she is damage and buffs and not much else (although there is some use in her simplicity). Hoping they maybe lend her a millstone for that dull blade and give her a bit of hard utility.
    You are right , but the right value update can effect a champ pretty significantly look at yellow jacket , and look at king pin. A tune up is just numbers. An update is numbers improvement & minor ability changes.

well they said yj and kingpin were getting an updates, while Mike said angela is getting a numbers buff, like terrax or mole man
    Did he say that? If so I missed it.

March 2021 should have 2 Updates & 2 Tune-Ups. April should have 2 Reworks. May should have 2 Updates & 2 Tune-Ups.

Tune-Up – Numbers improvement, no ability changes

Update – Numbers improvement & minor ability changes

Overhaul – Full champion rework

Previous Champion Buffs

Value update = Tune-up
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

So angela was just confirmed for one of the upcomming buffs. Will there be more? Why was angela of all chosen? Seems a bit weird

Angela , I think was chosen because she can make an immediate impact on someone’s roster , as she was one of the first 6*s in the game . A little value update is good for her. Her damage is good just lacking utility
    Technically speaking a value update doesn’t add utility, just enhances preexisting pieces and bumps damage. Atm she is damage and buffs and not much else (although there is some use in her simplicity). Hoping they maybe lend her a millstone for that dull blade and give her a bit of hard utility.
    You are right , but the right value update can effect a champ pretty significantly look at yellow jacket , and look at king pin. A tune up is just numbers. An update is numbers improvement & minor ability changes.

well they said yj and kingpin were getting an updates, while Mike said angela is getting a numbers buff, like terrax or mole man
    Did he say that? If so I missed it.

March 2021 should have 2 Updates & 2 Tune-Ups. April should have 2 Reworks. May should have 2 Updates & 2 Tune-Ups.

Tune-Up – Numbers improvement, no ability changes

Update – Numbers improvement & minor ability changes

Overhaul – Full champion rework

Previous Champion Buffs

Value update = Tune-up
    Not when they call a “tune up” “tune up” and a “value update” a “value update”

It doesn’t look like just a tune up or he would have specified using the indicators they have to identify a champions rework.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021

MikeHock said:

Nice to see older champs getting buffed but seriously , why does Kabam keep ignoring the mystic class? They have not reworked a single mystic since they started doing this (no ebony maw doesn’t count).

yet they’ve tuned up
    2 skills (3 with Black Panther’s eventual buff)
    1 tech
    1 cosmic (now 2, counting Angela)
    1 science (with a 2nd confirmed one for miles in the works)
    and 4 mutants.

No mystics yet.
    I’m going to go back further ....

Venom
    Carnage
    Gamora
    Terrax

She hulk
    Red hulk
    Luke cage
    Yellowjacket
    Spider Gwen

Colossus
    Magneto
    White magneto
    Gambit

Hulkbuster
    Punisher 2099

Kingpin
    Falcon
    Mole man

I forget anyone ?

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    MikeHock said:

MikeHock said:

Nice to see older champs getting buffed but seriously , why does Kabam keep ignoring the mystic class? They have not reworked a single mystic since they started doing this (no ebony maw doesn’t count).

yet they’ve tuned up
    1 tech
    and 4 mutants.

No mystics yet.

Venom
    Carnage
    Gamora
    Terrax

She hulk
    Red hulk
    Luke cage
    Yellowjacket
    Spider Gwen

Colossus
    Magneto
    White magneto
    Gambit

Hulkbuster
    Punisher 2099

Kingpin
    Falcon
    Mole man

I forget anyone ?

I know you said he doesn’t count but Ebony Maw.
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    MikeHock said:

MikeHock said:

yet they’ve tuned up
    1 tech
    and 4 mutants.

No mystics yet.

Venom
    Carnage
    Gamora
    Terrax

She hulk
    Red hulk
    Luke cage
    Yellowjacket
    Spider Gwen

Colossus
    Magneto
    White magneto
    Gambit

Hulkbuster
    Punisher 2099

Kingpin
    Falcon
    Mole man

I forget anyone ?

Annihilus and Torch
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    If you're counting Maw as a buff then Juggs also fits in as a mystic buff
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

I have a load of dud 6* champs that I hope will get buffed one day.
    Strangely, Angela is the 6* champ that I use the most, i guess I'll use her a bit more after this.
    I assume that the buffs are based around data - number of champs in rosters, frequency of use....

I mean, it pretty what they must do, they can't just buff anyone that ppl asked, i'm sure they already planed who gonna get buff in this year

Juggy has been adjusted a few times; the last thing they I think they did was give him unstoppable at the start of the fight and that was like 4 years ago. I don’t really consider that a buff or a rework.

Magik was the last mystic reworked and again that is around 12.0 update , Early 2017.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    MikeHock said:

Juggy has been adjusted a few times; the last thing they I think they did was give him unstoppable at the start of the fight and that was like 4 years ago. I don’t really consider that a buff or a rework.

Magik was the last mystic reworked and again that is around 12.0 update , Early 2017.
    The last thing they did was make him stun immune while unstoppable and apply staggers when a stun fails, that was just after whenever they changed dexterity to not refresh and trigger MD with each consecutive dex.
    MikeHock said:

But honestly, Mystic is still solid. Tech needs help. Punisher 2099 and Hulkbuster are good, but the tech ship is on life support and needs fresh blood. Psycho Man is good, but he wasn’t what they needed.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

MikeHock said:

But honestly, Mystic is still solid. Tech needs help. Punisher 2099 and Hulkbuster are good, but the tech ship is on life support and needs fresh blood. Psycho Man is good, but he wasn’t what they needed.
    Yeah i hope the other updates has at least 1 tech champ, tech really need help
    Regardless of where the classes stand, Mystics have been ignored with the champion overhauls these last few years.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

MikeHock said:

I'd say Guardian is the best Tech champ right now.

MikeHock said:

As much as I love Guardian, it’s Ghost.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

MikeHock said:

ok, a case could be made there. I dont have Ghost and its been so long I have forgotten everything about that champ.

As for Guardian,
    - he can parry non contact attacks
    - has armor, can generate more armor
    - great resistances
    - Huge SP2 Damage
    - doesn't crit but does energy damage equal to a crit
    - Can perfect block specials, can block mutant unblockable specials
    - can power drain opponents

I find him to be a perfect balance of amazing Utility and damage.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★

Groot, og Iron Man, Iron Patriot, Superior Iron Man, og Spiderman, Sym Spidey, fix Dr. Strange and Thor back to their original power, Ant-Man, etc.

There are so many early characters that started as trash and are still hot garbage. Wish a few of these would get some love.

This is exactly what is happening. The order they do them in will not please everyone no matter who they choose.
    Agreed, the order will not please everyone.

However, I thought it would make more sense to fix some of the really bad (very old) champs first instead of buffing ones that currently do OK or have some use now.

When's the last time you seriously used Groot or OG Ironman in content as an attacker? Angela already gets brought in for synergies everywhere and up until the Cav eq change this month, was probably the top cosmic path option. She may not have a ton of utility, but her synergy, raw damage, heal and number of buffs make her useful in general and for things like buffed up.

I'm Definitely not upset she's going to be better, but we have OG champs that have been on life support in the MCOC ER waiting room and Angela walks in with a sprained wrist and gets seen first. Just seems like a weird choice.
    It's not a weird choice. Its a Tune-Up. The list for tune-ups and overhauls are comepletely different. We are only getting overhauls once in 3 months. I hope the terrible OG champs get their buffs then, not during tune ups because tune ups never fix a champion's kit, only enhance an existing kit. Angela has an existing kit that's pretty good. By tuning her up they can give her more utility and or damage. That's probably why she was chosen for a tune up.

MikeHock said:

ok, a case could be made there. I dont have Ghost and its been so long I have forgotten everything about that champ.

As for Guardian,
    - he can parry non contact attacks
    - has armor, can generate more armor
    - great resistances
    - Huge SP2 Damage
    - doesn't crit but does energy damage equal to a crit
    - Can perfect block specials, can block mutant unblockable specials
    - can power drain opponents

I find him to be a perfect balance of amazing Utility and damage.
    Don’t get me wrong, he is my personal favorite tech champ, but Ghost can do so much and is just so good she has earned the number 1 tech spot and then some.
    WRIR said:

Groot, og Iron Man, Iron Patriot, Superior Iron Man, og Spiderman, Sym Spidey, fix Dr. Strange and Thor back to their original power, Ant-Man, etc.

There are so many early characters that started as trash and are still hot garbage. Wish a few of these would get some love.

This is exactly what is happening. The order they do them in will not please everyone no matter who they choose.
    Agreed, the order will not please everyone.

However, I thought it would make more sense to fix some of the really bad (very old) champs first instead of buffing ones that currently do OK or have some use now.

When's the last time you seriously used Groot or OG Ironman in content as an attacker? Angela already gets brought in for synergies everywhere and up until the Cav eq change this month, was probably the top cosmic path option. She may not have a ton of utility, but her synergy, raw damage, heal and number of buffs make her useful in general and for things like buffed up.

I'm Definitely not upset she's going to be better, but we have OG champs that have been on life support in the MCOC ER waiting room and Angela walks in with a sprained wrist and gets seen first. Just seems like a weird choice.
    It's not a weird choice. Its a Tune-Up. The list for tune-ups and overhauls are comepletely different. We are only getting overhauls once in 3 months. I hope the terrible OG champs get their buffs then, not during tune ups because tune ups never fix a champion's kit, only enhance an existing kit. Angela has an existing kit that's pretty good. By tuning her up they can give her more utility and or damage. That's probably why she was chosen for a tune up.
    It’s not a tune up, it’s a value update.

I would argue none of them need a Value only update. If you want, we can suggest it though :tongue:
    You’re right. Superior Iron Man needs no buff.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★

I would argue none of them need a Value only update. If you want, we can suggest it though :tongue:
    Just so we can put this to rest, is this a tune-up? As in, we’re absolutely only going to see numbers increases.

Or is it going to be more like an update where we get small little ability additions? I’ve seen a lot of discussion where people seem confused.

(I know this will probably be ignored but I can try)
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★

You’re right. Superior Iron Man needs no buff.
    Neither does Iron Patriot

Just so we can put this to rest, is this a tune-up? As in, we’re absolutely only going to see numbers increases.

Or is it going to be more like an update where we get small little ability additions? I’ve seen a lot of discussion where people seem confused.

In his tweet he uses the word “value update”

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Could you confirm that the rest of the buffs will be announced today?
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★

Yay! Yet another character I don’t have above a four star is getting buffed

She was my

she was My second 5 star
    think you accidentally hit the quote button to many times there buddy
    Yeah mistake on my part
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★

I was very deliberate with my messaging on this.

It is a VALUE ONLY update, which is all she needs.
    I've got some t5b expiring...how about some more hints today.