**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it possible to retrieve a deleted account somehow?

Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★
Moderators & Fellow Players,

I deleted my account on Jan 6th 2020 since the game was being too addictive for me.
Today, more than 1 year has passed.

I saw my old profile without a name when I actually searched my exact name in the game's Search tab....I even dueled my 4/55 Ægon 😁,...

Is there a way to retrieve that same account?? Please do elaborate.

Comments

• DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    If you deleted the account with the help of support team then they are likely to still have your base account information to retrieve it back to you if you contact them again and provide them security questions. I’m sure they still have your personal informations if you didn’t ask them to erase those personal information to OPT out.
    Corkscrew said:

I have a theory that they don't actually delete accounts. I was in an old account that I asked to be deleted for pretty much the same reason. If I deleted the account, I wouldn't spend so much time on it (guess what... back again).

Anyway, I was in the account during the process of deletion and navigating around. Suddenly my IGN changed to another name appended with some random characters. Then shortly after, it became inaccessible. Did they actually delete the information, I can't be sure. I couldn't find my old IGN and can't be sure that I had the new one correct to find it. Either way, during the process of deletion, it's not like it just disappeared, it looked like it was reassigned.

You're only way to do this via a support ticket. You will need your old IGN, email address associated with the account, approximate account creation date and dates of first two purchases if I'm not mistaken to get them to start looking.

@Terra The title doesn't become the name, it just moves up to fill the gap of the blank name.

Strange. My understanding of deleting anything is deleting whole thing as in deleting from the server. More as in deleting the personal information of your email address name, in-game name, purchase history and so on - the whole thing to be Thanos snapped from kabam’s server. So those deleted account aren’t supposed to still be showing in the game at all as in deleting those champions collection. So I can only assume that they are keeping the personal information to milk money out of it.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Corkscrew said:

I have a theory that they don't actually delete accounts. I was in an old account that I asked to be deleted for pretty much the same reason. If I deleted the account, I wouldn't spend so much time on it (guess what... back again).

Anyway, I was in the account during the process of deletion and navigating around. Suddenly my IGN changed to another name appended with some random characters. Then shortly after, it became inaccessible. Did they actually delete the information, I can't be sure. I couldn't find my old IGN and can't be sure that I had the new one correct to find it. Either way, during the process of deletion, it's not like it just disappeared, it looked like it was reassigned.

You're only way to do this via a support ticket. You will need your old IGN, email address associated with the account, approximate account creation date and dates of first two purchases if I'm not mistaken to get them to start looking.

@Terra The title doesn't become the name, it just moves up to fill the gap of the blank name.

Strange. My understanding of deleting anything is deleting whole thing as in deleting from the server. More as in deleting the personal information of your email address name, in-game name, purchase history and so on - the whole thing to be Thanos snapped from kabam’s server. So those deleted account aren’t supposed to still be showing in the game at all as in deleting those champions collection. So I can only assume that they are keeping the personal information to milk money out of it.
    Tinfoil hats: engage
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    Sadly and unfortunately and embarrassingly enough they can and will give it back after “deleting”.

I know from experience 😔. the addiction is REAL!
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,598 Guardian
    after about 500 days, the name will be removed from account and it just shows as blank.
    This lets newer people “claim” an old/dormant username.

Search for simple generic alliance names to check out dormant alliances and see everyone in there. At around 500 days since last login you still see blank names for people, and for those under 500 days you’ll still see their name there in the roster.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Corkscrew said:

How do you milk money from an email address?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Daddrieda said:

Corkscrew said:

Not saying that Kabam does this, but you can sell the information to third party advertisers. So an email address alone can be quite valuable for a company to have.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Daddrieda said:

Corkscrew said:

Not saying that Kabam does this, but you can sell the information to third party advertisers. So an email address alone can be quite valuable for a company to have.
    Just about to say this. Any detail is valuable.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

ItsDamien said:

Daddrieda said:

Corkscrew said:

Every time this message chain is replied to, I get a mentioned message. It's annoying
    edited May 2021
    Mhm so it’s very important to make sure that you demand that the whole thing to be deleted and “Thanos-snapped” from kabam’s server. They have no right to demand to keep it for themselves since it’s in your right and in your name to demand whenever and wherever you wish or want to delete the whole thing.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Mhm so it’s very important to make sure that you demand that the whole thing to be deleted and “Thanos-snapped” from kabam’s server. They have no right to demand to keep it for themselves since it’s in your right and in your name to demand whenever and wherever you wish or want to delete the whole thing.

Ehhh, you agreed upon their TOS and stuff when deciding to play this game and create your account.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Pulyaman said:

ItsDamien said:

Daddrieda said:

Corkscrew said:

Every time this message chain is replied to, I get a mentioned message. It's annoying
    You can change it in preferences in case you did not know that.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Daddrieda said:

Corkscrew said:

They're pretty clear about what they do with your information. Nothing in the privacy policy says they share or sell our information to anyone other than who they need to that's involved with this game only.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Daddrieda said:

Corkscrew said:

They're pretty clear about what they do with your information. Nothing in the privacy policy says they share or sell our information to anyone other than who they need to that's involved with this game only.
    Sure, but that information that is shared with outside parties isn't subject to any privacy policy that Kabam states (again I am NOT suggesting that Kabam does this, but it is known that other companies do).

Daddrieda said:

Ehhh, you agreed upon their TOS and stuff when deciding to play this game and create your account.
    You are 100% entitled to request your "Right to be forgotten" under the GDPR. That's why there was a notification years ago about the changes made when the EU made that ruling. Even though it was made under EU law, because companies that are based outside of the EU operate in those territories they have to comply with that request. However that request has to be manually made by the user themselves to the company.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Pulyaman said:

ItsDamien said:

Daddrieda said:

Corkscrew said:

Because you were @ in a comment in this quote chain so you’ll be mentioned each time it’s quoted
  • Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★

Hello @Priyansh7. I would recommend reaching out to support. Provide them with all the personal data and that of your account they may request to verify the account is yours and can be restored. Hope this helps!

Yes I will try this out; but what if I haven't made any in-game purchases ever since that account was created?? The support ticket also asks this question...